MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Feel free to do what you all will do with this.

Ford Bronco 📣 Ford announces MIC hardtop solution (program 21B49): unscheduled orders will get MY2022, delivered & built Broncos will have tops replaced Unknown
Sponsored

ShopGirl24

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2012 Ford F150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, does anyone know if we can make the switch to soft top if we have a VIN and build date (or 3)? I was 7/23, 8/16 and now 8/30. But my current vehicle is a Flex on lease due back in Oct so I was really hoping to get my Bronco by then. I’m assuming it’s too late to change, but at this point I’d rather get the soft top and wait for the painted top that doesn’t suck in 2 years.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have any insight on how MY21s being bumped to MY22s affects the MY22 allocations/order banks?

• Haha
Reactions: Rpm

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, does anyone know if we can make the switch to soft top if we have a VIN and build date (or 3)? I was 7/23, 8/16 and now 8/30. But my current vehicle is a Flex on lease due back in Oct so I was really hoping to get my Bronco by then. I’m assuming it’s too late to change, but at this point I’d rather get the soft top and wait for the painted top that doesn’t suck in 2 years.
You can’t make any changes once you are issued a VIN unfortunately. Wish Ford would change that for people who don’t have their Bronco built yet like yourself.

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait... Ford is just NOW talking about a new design and new tooling....?
Have they just sat on their hands for the last 5 months, hoping the problem would fix itself?? I'm totally taken aback...
How long before they even have a new, tested and proofed roof in production?
VINless peeps will definitely get a MY22, but all those with a VIN (with held, parked trucks) will be getting a MY21 in 2022. I hate to say it, but that sucks to be in that group.
LOT rot will certainly be a concern.
code 99 never felt good until today!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel for everyone. What a boondoggle.

I'm glad I made the decision to go in another direction. I'd be pretty steamed if I was forced to wait this long for a Bronco and to replace my current truck.

Stay strong.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. MIC hardtop production for unscheduled First Edition builds will resume late this year with the updated hardtop design. I wouldn't expect this until probably November, as the new tooling still needs to be completed, installed, and tested before production of the new hard tops can begin. Once that happens, they have committed to building new MIC hardtops for all units that have already been delivered, then the "bad batch" Broncos trapped at MAP, THEN for production of new units.
I kind of read the guidance (based on the delivery estimate for MAP Broncos to be delivered in September as opposed to October) to be that they're going to try and fix the MAP Broncos first, then start shipping "replacement kits" to current owners afterwards. Is your contact telling you that the order you're talking about (current owners, MAP Broncos, First Editions) is correct? Just curious based on the wording of the release.

Sponsored

Nate Larson

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F-350 & 1999 Mercedes E320
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any chance i can change my 2 door to a 4 door, or bite the bullet and sign off on the ugly 2 door MIC top?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have been assigned a VIN since May and have been pushed back 8 times already with a current build date of August 30th, why can’t Ford just finagle the VIN and allow us to switch to a softop. It’s like my build is now trapped in this uncertain limbo. At this point I’m considering dumping Ford altogether because of the uncertainty and issue with them locking in the MIC with the assigned VIN.
This is also me. I would gladly switch to a soft top but can't at this point. I have a VIN since April. I have reached out to see if there is a way but haven't gotten word back yet.