First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4d, '73 K5 Jimmy, '67 Mustang, '03 TJ Rubi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 7/14 2 door manual build is stuck on Dirt Mountain. I went by the dealer to complain and see if they would lobby for early release (knowing it would be pointless but would make me feel better). Also wanted to announce I was cancelling my Lightning reservation since the Bronco rollout has sucked. Long story short, they let me take the mannequin home for a day to assuage my pain. Love the power of the 2.7 (although still happy I went 2.3 manual). Love the on road ride, and rear seat legroom. Wind noise is terrible at the seam between the front and rear, but hopeful it will be better with the new roof. MIC top is starting to snakeskin. In any case, impressed with the overall vehicle and more excited to get mine eventually.

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin 4E2E6014-8898-40BB-9B27-0FE1A1D13D0D

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin C86A552E-6A0C-4347-9E0E-4DE6C09BA7CC

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin 54A748CF-1C4D-4915-B322-846EEB185961

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin F0DA9858-7A56-46BC-A953-578E11B70966

Ford Bronco Went to dealer to complain about Dirt Mountain, came home with their mannequin BF43A0D5-88E5-4B38-B037-A7A50C6B4612
Sponsored

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Of course the dealership has a 2 door hardtop... That's just another punch in the face. It's ok that this is running around, but mine can't be shipped because reasons. @Ford Motor Company, do you see the stupidity of this?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wind noise is terrible at the seam between the front and rear, but hopeful it will be better with the new roof.
Can you elaborate? Is it the seal between the rear clam shell top and the front freedom panels? Or is it the seam where the rear clam shell attaches to the B-pillar?

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of course the dealership has a 2 door hardtop... That's just another punch in the face. It's ok that this is running around, but mine can't be shipped because reasons. @Ford Motor Company, do you see the stupidity of this?
You and I are in the same boat. I am going to make my first payment on my Dirt Mountain Special next week - because the dealer and the Ford Customer Service center told me the Bronco was on the way. My credit union is now sending me nastygrams to add my insurance info. I have a sales tax credit that is going to expire at the beginning of September. This delay is literally going to cost me thousands of dollars out of pocket. My hardtop is going on a shelf when it gets here anyway. I wish they would give us the option to take delivery!

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you elaborate? Is it the seal between the rear clam shell top and the front freedom panels? Or is it the seam where the rear clam shell attaches to the B-pillar?
seam between the front removable panel and the rear clam shell (primarily on the passenger side)

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'freedom panels'? This ain't no Jeep.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh. you took the Bronco home FOR THE DAY. I was prepared for you to say they somehow found a way to sell you the vehicle long term at sticker. Or at least lock up the sale, to be released after 6 mos mark.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Boy I really hope the keep VB for '22. Didn't like it initially, but the more and more I see it in the real world the more I like it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just as bad as the two doors Ford had at their rodeos with soft tops installed. This is unbelievable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh. you took the Bronco home FOR THE DAY. I was prepared for you to say they somehow found a way to sell you the vehicle long term at sticker. Or at least lock up the sale, to be released after 6 mos mark.
Nah, I am still hopeful that I will get mine off Dirt Mountain before 6 months. And I really want the manual trans and the AMB color. I was just glad to drive one around.

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Want to sell the jimmy?
Ha, no. I already sold my Jeep LJ to make room for the Bronco. The Jimmy is here to stay, it is a neat old survivor.

OP
OP
johnbasler

johnbasler

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Incidentally, I did cancel my Lightning reservation last night. Not going to go through this again…

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ha, no. I already sold my Jeep LJ to make room for the Bronco. The Jimmy is here to stay, it is a neat old survivor.
I had to ask it’s beautiful. Hope you get your bronco quickly.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You and I are in the same boat. I am going to make my first payment on my Dirt Mountain Special next week - because the dealer and the Ford Customer Service center told me the Bronco was on the way. My credit union is now sending me nastygrams to add my insurance info. I have a sales tax credit that is going to expire at the beginning of September. This delay is literally going to cost me thousands of dollars out of pocket. My hardtop is going on a shelf when it gets here anyway. I wish they would give us the option to take delivery!
Interesting that you were able to borrow money on a vehicle that you haven't purchased yet? Also, check with your revenue office. In Arkansas if you have documentation that you have a vehicle on order, you can still receive credit for your trade on your taxes when you go to register it. Worth a try for sure.
Sponsored