Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 1 cent. OP shouldn't have to deal with this at all. Dealer/factory issue. It is brand new. Not the OPs problem to solve. It sucks, but I would be back at the dealer saying solve this! I did with my 09 JK.

OP...Definitely help in reducing the troubleshooting, I do this too, but don't take too much of your time figuring it out. What's the saying?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good News.

As many of you have seen Ford is watching and a representative reached out to me. They seem eager to get this fixed for me (and everyone) and I will be working with them to do so. I will keep you all updated on what the culprit was and how it was resolved.

Stay tuned!
Ford has been great so far. Obviously there will be some unforeseen issues and this seems to be one of them. They are working diligently to develop a solution. Once that happens they will get the plan to my areas Field Service Engineer and Dealership to implement. Iā€™m confident they will make this right.
I will keep you all updated as this progresses.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
thought that was the point of gold plating, no corrosion. just wondering.
Donā€™t mind him. Heā€™s talking out of his ass. Itā€™s the contact in the switch thatā€™s gold. And thatā€™s not even in the pillar. It is gold so that it wonā€™t corrode. Heā€™s partially right.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd definitely just be taking it straight to the dealer. No way I'd be trouble shooting a leak into an airbag on my own with a car fully under warranty.

Maybe see if you can reproduce the leak with a hose so you can tell the techs how to recreate the issue, but that's about it.

Previously having owned a car with T tops, water intrusion wasn't normal, but if you didn't put the top on correctly or pinched a seal incorrectly while putting them back on it was more likely to happen.

Leakingfords

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Matt any update on this?
I hope you got it fixed by now!

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks. Not fixed yet. Hopefully by this weekend. Iā€™ll report back when itā€™s resolved!
3 weeks later...hopefully it's fixed by now? Or is it a design issue that isn't fixable with the v1 MIC?

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

3 weeks later...hopefully it's fixed by now? Or is it a design issue that isn't fixable with the v1 MIC?
Unfortunately, it is not resolved.

I am still contacted each week to let me know they are working on it (at this point they are working on the new top that everyone is getting). The Plant Manager and Ford FSE were both really nice. The main issue is they do not listen to the customer. They put too much confidence in dealerships that do not know how to work on a vehicle they have never seen. I diagnosed the entire issue but there is no way for me to show them because of insurance reasons. Therefore, all that can be done is we must wait for more of this to happen for them to stumble on a problem.

Need proof that they did not listen to me....both the photos and I said the problem was on the passenger side. They worked up 3 things they wanted to try....all of those things were for the driver's side. None of them worked. One part they wanted to replace was 'overnighted" but did not show up 2 days later. This part would not have worked anyway.

So I have had a vehicle for over a month, with 100 miles, that I can not drive in the rain.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear it and hopefully you can at least get your Bronco back before much longer.
Thank you. Just to be clear, this is a design issue on all Broncos. As soon as areas get more rain we are going to see this happening more often.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe thats the real reason Ford gave us washout flooring... Give the leaks someplace to drain to!

Buddy Lee

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Storm V8 & Lincoln Mark IX prototype
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I am still contacted each week to let me know they are working on it (at this point they are working on the new top that everyone is getting). The Plant Manager and Ford FSE were both really nice. The main issue is they do not listen to the customer. They put too much confidence in dealerships that do not know how to work on a vehicle they have never seen. I diagnosed the entire issue but there is no way for me to show them because of insurance reasons. Therefore, all that can be done is we must wait for more of this to happen for them to stumble on a problem.

Need proof that they did not listen to me....both the photos and I said the problem was on the passenger side. They worked up 3 things they wanted to try....all of those things were for the driver's side. None of them worked. One part they wanted to replace was 'overnighted" but did not show up 2 days later. This part would not have worked anyway.

So I have had a vehicle for over a month, with 100 miles, that I can not drive in the rain.
You mention diagnosing, so I was wondering what your thoughts on the cause were. Or did you mean diagnosing in the sense that you have ruled out some things?
Also, in regards to the insurance matter, do you mean the shop insurance like where they say customers are not allowed in the shop area? If that is the case and they are super strict about it, and you have good feedback on what may be causing, maybe they will pull the Bronco outside the shop to parking lot where you can show them?
I really hope they get this worked out for your sake and also so the rest of us don't end up with moldy out of warranty Broncos in a few years.
Final impractical solution is to raise the front end 1 inch to create a backwards rake for the water to drain to rear of vehicle. We can call this the Carolina Squat solution.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

So sorry to hear this. Hard to believe they canā€™t pinpoint it.
Sponsored