First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But you’ll get the idea.

I hope it’s from the top and not the windshield.

609B5EF3-2859-452C-AD31-DB35F73F0D57.jpeg

8B874A77-673C-4F7A-A7C0-74F3EC5DB19F.jpeg
Hello there! Please send us a private message with your VIN so we can look further into this leaking issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello there! Please send us a private message with your VIN so we can look further into this leaking issue.
Thank you very much. I just sent you a Private Message. I am looking forward to working with you to get this resolved.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I guess we know whether or not Ford is monitoring the forum. ;)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? Why did we just work on a car with an air bag light on after detailing and carpets cleaned? You guessed it, moisture in the seatbelt pretensioner connector. Not trying to sound like a d’ bag but the air bag recalls were a result of moisture intrusion into the propellant chamber.
Not saying you aren’t correct but the monitoring part of the system is very sensitive and we have seen moisture in connectors with gold terminals throw codes and lights. Better safe than sorry and should be covered by warranty.
There are many issues that can cause faults with the system for sure... But gold plated connectors are to prevent corrosion. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't mean the entire safety system would function normally under water! Lol
👍🏼

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are many issues that can cause faults with the system for sure... But gold plated connectors are to prevent corrosion. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't mean the entire safety system would function normally under water! Lol
👍🏼
I completely understand and 100% agree. Why spend the extra $$ on this if they are still venerable to, and sensitive to contamination/fluid intrusion? You would think the gold terminals would've been a little extra insurance policy when things like this happen.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pull off the pillar plastic.
Sit in the passenger seat while someone takes a hose to the outside.
Look for the leak.
Put a bunch of butyl over the leak.

You have to remember that this stuff is made by evolved chimps built with stuff they dug up from the ground.

My 2015 f150 rear window leaked, just pulled the liner back and put some butyl on where it was coming in. Never leaked again.

Good luck!

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely get this issue addressed. I bought a used 2000 Excursion back in 05 and before I signed the paperwork I noticed the top driver side windshield seal was sticking up out of the pocket. After we came to an agreement on price, I threw it out there as a request for them to fix it. It was noted on the paperwork, and I drove it home. The dealer was about 60 miles from home, and I spaced it off for a few months until one day I noticed the floormat was wet after a good rain storm. I called them up and reminded the salesman of the agreement and they said to bring it up. They broke the windshield pulling it out and had to replace it as well. Fast forward another year and I started having random electrical gremlins, so I took it to the local Automotive Electric shop. First it was the power windows, then the radio etc. The whole time the seal was bad, the water was running down the A pillar, and while most of it drained on its own, it was also running down the back side of the fuse panel located below the steering column. The fuse panel was completely covered in rust. I called around to find a new replacement and was told it was a one year specific fuse panel (first year of the Excursion), and sure enough when I found one at a junkyard it had somewhat the same issue. I bought it and cleaned it up and replaced mine. It fixed most of the issues, but I still had a few separate issues later on that I were more than likely caused from some of the wiring connections in the same area as well. Good luck, and looks like Ford is here to resolve the issue.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep guys are giving a smug smirk right now…

Sure hope it’s nothing major! Please keep us posted.
Bah, Jeep guys. I had a similar problem on a JK with soft top and the dealership's response to that was to put a bunch of black goo in the channel at the top of the windshield that made everything sticky and black.

It was months before I could open the top of my Jeep without needing to immediate get lava'ed clean.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattbar1

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Caught in heavy rain today with the MIC top. Water started dripping then running from passenger side airbag near windshield. Haven’t been able to troubleshoot yet.

Photo is after the water was mostly wiped off. But you’ll get the idea.

I hope it’s from the top and not the windshield.

609B5EF3-2859-452C-AD31-DB35F73F0D57.jpeg

8B874A77-673C-4F7A-A7C0-74F3EC5DB19F.jpeg
Good News.

As many of you have seen Ford is watching and a representative reached out to me. They seem eager to get this fixed for me (and everyone) and I will be working with them to do so. I will keep you all updated on what the culprit was and how it was resolved.

Stay tuned!

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs