Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what I’m seeing here. But is this not the same garage that gave us this awful pic?
1632620676995.jpeg

If that’s the case I’d trade it too!
Yah, seeing this the first time tore a hole in my soul. Was almost better, but now I've seen it again. This will take an hour of Youtube off-roading Bronco flics to fix.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was you until I drove a soft top it wasn't that loud and after seeing how the first hard top did I may go aftermarket anyway. I planned on having both anyway and to date I like fords soft top the best.
The Wildtrak with soft top I drove was awful. It was noisy and the side windows look terrible, salesman even said that was a big gripe. I also don't like the lack of security with soft topped vehicles. I will gladly wait for the hard top regardless of how long it takes, who gets however many Broncos or any future recalls it has. It's hard top or something else for me.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Wildtrak with soft top I drove was awful. It was noisy and the side windows look terrible, salesman even said that was a big gripe. I also don't like the lack of security with soft topped vehicles. I will gladly wait for the hard top regardless of how long it takes, who gets however many Broncos or any future recalls it has. It's hard top or something else for me.
I want the hard top also. What other vehicle would you consider? I like the Defenders, but the value drops worse than anything else out there.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty cool rides.
Anytime I see how people compare the packages I get unhappy.
I will probably get Badlands 2.7 with big screen pack and Sas. . Then it gets to me in that configuration I don't get heated steering, don't get power seats (even tho I like vinyl) and i don't get good speakers. So to fix that I basically have to get top of the line Badlands.

Always in my head: I would be paying $930+/- lease (Canadian) for a car with no heated steering wheel, crappy speakers and no power seats.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't start with the hate. 2 reservation holder. Our flipper Bronco was a 2.7L, BL, 33" tires, mid package, tow. The keeper Bronco was SAS, BL, Sas, Lux, tow, leather. After spending 2,800 miles in the Flipper Brondo the 1st thing you notice is the stance. Second is how different they drive and sound. The upgraded speakers are a vast improvement over the base. We like the larger touchscreen over the smaller one the other interesting thing is the Apple carplay connects via Bluetooth where the smaller one needs connected with a cord. We actually like the marine grade vinyl over the leather but prefer the power seats, still no memory button.😕 Mid is so much easier to clean than the carpet floor, sand and dog hair. In short here is what I’d do if I had the opportunity to build another Bronco, not all options available from factory.

upgraded sound system
larger touch screen
rubber floors
power seats
marine vinyl seats
hood insulation
SAS suspension
adaptive cruise
save my money from buying LUX

We made the mistake of stopping at a local hardware store and we drew a crowd that lasted over 2hrs comparing the two side by side.

Interesting measurements
Floor to bottom of front fender - 1" differance
Flipper Bronco non SAS 37.5
Keeper Bronco SAS 38.5

Floor to bottom of rear fender - 1.5" differance
FB 38.75
KB 40.25

Floor to bottom of hitch - 1" differance
FB 18
KB 19

Floor to front tow hook center of hole - 3/4"
FB 24.5
KB 25.75

Centerline of hubs to bottom of flare
Front 3/4" differance
Rear 1/2" differance

Driving the SAS seems more composed over bumps, and Lux package makes it sound quieter. Well the DB meter tells a different story the DB level is the same 77. You definitely hear less tire noise with the SAS. The hood insulation definitely makes a huge differance with engine noise (turbo) on the Lux, carpet helps too. First pic is Lux, SAS, BL second is Mid, BL. Hope they post in the order I loaded them.

20210925_171655.jpg

20210925_171646.jpg

20210925_173057.jpg

20210925_173035.jpg

20210925_172845.jpg

20210925_172822.jpg

20210925_172631.jpg

20210925_172619.jpg

20210925_170646.jpg

20210925_170653.jpg

20210925_134305.jpg

20210925_134018.jpg
Does the back of the front seat with the leather still look like this? Thanks
Ford Bronco Mid Badlands vs Lux Badlands Sasquatch. Differences between the two after 2800 miles. 2021-ford-bronco-badlands-area-51-26

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford doesn’t care
Just not true. Its place in line. How many did your dealer get. Did you make the early list. Did you order a hard top. Did you order a low numbers build that they needed a few more. Then also what dealer you got many people got do wrong by the dealer. I'm not saying Ford couldn't have done better but they care.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Incorrect Android auto does it wirelessly with both units but Apple only does it with the larger unit. And the larger one has a split screen that you can flip flop. Audio on left navigation on right or flip it.
That's not true at all. I had a demo Bronco for a day, 8" screen black diamond and I connected Apple carplay wirelessly.

Sponsored

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just not true. Its place in line. How many did your dealer get. Did you make the early list. Did you order a hard top. Did you order a low numbers build that they needed a few more. Then also what dealer you got many people got do wrong by the dealer. I'm not saying Ford couldn't have done better but they care.
What does it matter how many the dealer gets. Its a July reservation. Why should I settle for a soft top I don’t want. Priority reservations? Really Ford. With no to little communication.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does it matter how many the dealer gets. Its a July reservation. Why should I settle for a soft top I don’t want. Priority reservations? Really Ford. With no to little communication.
My dealer was great to work with and help navigate the how to get it earlier matrix. Our non SAS was optioned without SAS and with soft top early in the order process. She had a bunch of allocations and is not a volume dealer and my reservation dates were early. The second one was ordered as a hard and soft but she said drop the hard top and order it through parts. It was simple do you want your Bronco or not? The dealer bought the first one back, first vehicle I drove new off the lot and traded back for thousands more. Because I was willing to get a non SAS with soft top.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That saga isn’t over, told my son he has 2 months to move his business out of shop. For the lack of respect of my stuff.
I hope you follow up with making him move out of state if he doesn’t change the wheels back.

Also, just to clarify - Badlands with Lux, MGV seats. Should I be expecting the carpeted cargo area or the rubberized?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope you follow up with making him move out of state if he doesn’t change the wheels back.

Also, just to clarify - Badlands with Lux, MGV seats. Should I be expecting the carpeted cargo area or the rubberized?
Pretty sure it's rubberized unless you get leather.
Sponsored