Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think that what the dealer is doing is ethical, but it’s not illegal. If multiple customers failed to obtain a binding purchase agreement then shame on them .
How are you supposed to make a binding agreement with a car dealership months before the car exists?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^ THIS ^^

OP was bagging all over Granger people, calling them idiots, just a few days ago. Now that he is getting screwed over he can choke on a bag of dicks for all I care.
That's the spirt. Because his opinion differs, he should suffer a bad dealership experience. I certainly wouldn't have used the word idiot to describe those that chose to buy from that dealer. I thought they should think about what they are up against instead of playing follow the leader. Now, those customers are wondering what year Bronco they will end up with.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the spirt. Because his opinion differs, he should suffer a bad dealership experience. I certainly wouldn't have used the word idiot to describe those that chose to buy from that dealer. I thought they should think about what they are up against instead of playing follow the leader. Now, those customers are wondering what year Bronco they will end up with.
Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634442660225

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't you think his posts get vetted by legal first?
Not at his level. There’s a level of trust and responsibility that he owns what he posts and is keenly aware of what it means to be in that position.

Edit: the key is … how can we get him so fired up about something that he slips up ;)
Because the internet never forgets.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not at his level. There’s a level of trust and responsibility that he owns what he posts and is keenly aware of what it means to be in that position.

Edit: the key is … how can we get him so fired up about something that he slips up ;)
Because the internet never forgets.
Responsibility is key in such a job if he has any freedom. He could put Ford in a bad position if he says the wrong thing.
Why would you want him to slip up when he's only the messenger? People constantly try to blame him, but quick to ask for his help when they want it.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it possible Ford wants stuff like this to happen? They have already publicly stated they want the Tesla model. What better way to shift then to drum up hatred for dealers. Wonder if a level of dissatisfaction gets them out from under franchise agreements......

Chipt7

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Badlands Squatch, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe you need to report this to Ford... The dealer can get booted from selling any Bronco going forward if they do not sell directly to you... Don't back down and and just pay the quoted amount from your order... Forgot the action that Ford takes on the dealer when this happens.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer in Warrenton Va is telling me that they’re honoring the original price when I first put in my reservation. He did say however, that they’re expecting a few people to walk away from their deals, in which they’ll be marking those up for regular lot sales. If they pulled this bullshit with me, I’d create 100 fake accounts and 1-star them to death.
Get them to email you saying price is msrp. If not call Ford move your order to one that will give you the commitment

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Responsibility is key in such a job if he has any freedom. He could put Ford in a bad position if he says the wrong thing.
Why would you want him to slip up when he's only the messenger? People constantly try to blame him, but quick to ask for his help when they want it.
This is something we agree on. I don't mind Levine, and I've had positive interactions with him in the past. I've seen him help a few folks out, and I think for smaller issues he has more latitude to be effective. But I'm under no illusions that he can fix everything, nor do I think he's going to tweet out something big without prior approval. I just look at him as a conduit to get feedback to those that do make the decisions.

I've known people in this type of position, and they can privately agree with a sentiment that they can't support publicly. For all we know, he really is trying to help push the conversation behind the scenes. In this instance, I wouldn't be surprised if he can work something out...this isn't a narrative they want out there. I hope the OP gets a fair resolution.

Sponsored

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly anyone who leaves fake reviews for a business they've never dealt with personally is a clown.

I hope they write enough fake positive reviews to get their rating up to a 7/5.
Good chance this will not age well

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No matter what year they get....at least they know it won't be 10K over MSRP.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just sent them a nasty message. I’m a Canadian so i had to be polite. Just told them they are a bunch of pricks for marking up Broncos. As for your so called friend well that’s pretty low. A low life scum sucking pig might be a description of him. Good luck getting another one hopefully. Maybe a Raptor ?
Yeah why are you all so nice, what are you hiding?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t disagree with your view, however the OP didn’t secure a binding agreement when he placed his order. Naivety on how a business deal works is a poor defense.
I call bullshit.

Almost nobody has a binding agreement, that would hold both parties legally accountable to force the transaction.

A) As a buyer, it would make zero sense to 100% commit to a vehicle you have never seen, driven etc.

B) Many of us were presented with a build sheet with a price. We then signed that build sheet and price and converted it to an order. We then paid a $ deposit based on that price and order and got our order confirmation from Ford.

Most buyers performed a reasonable level of due diligence based on the information presented to them by Ford and the dealership, especially since this was a unique ordering process.

Blaming the buyer and calling them naive let's the cheats and the scoundrels off the hook for their unethical practices.
How are you supposed to make a binding agreement with a car dealership months before the car exists?
Agreed. I don't know that people are clear on what the word "binding" means. They may have an agreement, but if the buyer can walk away...it's not binding.

The macro point, Ford created this new ordering reservation and ordering process. They filed hundreds of thousands of people into line. Buyers followed the new process, as it was explained to them by the dealers (who were representing Ford). Ford reiterated numerous times, there is "price protection" for those who reserved and placed an order by a certain date.

Blaming the consumer for following the prescribed ordering process is just ridiculous.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.