Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the love of god where the hell did I say anyone was an idiot?

your being a troll.
Someone with half brain should have had warning bells going off going with dealerships
Ok, you alleged Granger buyers didn’t have “half brain”. Semantics. They allege anyone not having a purchase agreement to be the same. Which group would you rather be in?
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, you alleged Granger buyers didn’t have “half brain”. Semantics. They allege anyone not having a purchase agreement to be the same. Which group would you rather be in?
So if you’re a granger buyer without a purchase agreement, does that mean you have a full brain?
Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634477885417

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^ THIS ^^

OP was bagging all over Granger people, calling them idiots, just a few days ago. Now that he is getting screwed over he can choke on a bag of dicks for all I care.
ohhh, the plot thickens lol...so the below invoice folks are idiots now? yeah, I'll feel real idiotic when next spring I'm driving around my loaded Badlands that was $52k while OPs Bronco got sold to somebody else for $75k and he still doesn't have one.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call bullshit.

Almost nobody has a binding agreement, that would hold both parties legally accountable to force the transaction.

A) As a buyer, it would make zero sense to 100% commit to a vehicle you have never seen, driven etc.

B) Many of us were presented with a build sheet with a price. We then signed that build sheet and price and converted it to an order. We then paid a $ deposit based on that price and order and got our order confirmation from Ford.

Most buyers performed a reasonable level of due diligence based on the information presented to them by Ford and the dealership, especially since this was a unique ordering process.

Blaming the buyer and calling them naive let's the cheats and the scoundrels off the hook for their unethical practices.

Agreed. I don't know that people are clear on what the word "binding" means. They may have an agreement, but if the buyer can walk away...it's not binding.

The macro point, Ford created this new ordering reservation and ordering process. They filed hundreds of thousands of people into line. Buyers followed the new process, as it was explained to them by the dealers (who were representing Ford). Ford reiterated numerous times, there is "price protection" for those who reserved and placed an order by a certain date.

Blaming the consumer for following the prescribed ordering process is just ridiculous.
A purchase agreement that binds the buyer and the seller could be enforceable in either direction. If the buyer walked away, they'd be in breach. But what does that mean?

It means the seller could sue the buyer in court. Or the seller might find that they can easily find another buyer and in fact thwy might find they are able to obtain more advantageous terms for them (e.g., higher price due to unforeseen supply constraints relative to when the first agreement was made).

The first buyer walked away. This doesn't mean the original agreement wasn't binding or that the original buyer wasn't in breach. It just means a different outcome was pursued than forcing the original buyer to complete their end through the courts.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A purchase agreement that binds the buyer and the seller could be enforceable in either direction. If the buyer walked away, they'd be in breach. But what does that mean?

It means the seller could sue the buyer in court. Or the seller might find that they can easily find another buyer and in fact thwy might find they are able to obtain more advantageous terms for them (e.g., higher price due to unforeseen supply constraints relative to when the first agreement was made).

The first buyer walked away. This doesn't mean the original agreement wasn't binding or that the original buyer wasn't in breach. It just means a different outcome was pursued than forcing the original buyer to complete their end through the courts.
sure, but your are describing a tool that A) is not, from my understanding, typical in the car buying process. B) not articulated as part of the rsvp/ordering/purchasing process anywhere as it was articulated by Ford or the dealerships.

Should we have to engage in contractual legalize to avoid being screwed when following the prescribed ordering process?

If so, I'm out.

Sponsored

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
So is there a document that we should get from the dealer to avoid a ADM?

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sure, but your are describing a tool that A) is not, from my understanding, typical in the car buying process. B) not articulated as part of the rsvp/ordering/purchasing process anywhere as it was articulated by Ford or the dealerships.

Should we have to engage in contractual legalize to avoid being screwed when following the prescribed ordering process?

If so, I'm out.
I insinuated no such thing. In fact, I don't have a purchase agreement in place for my Bronco; however, my situation is different than most and I'm not worried about the dealer screwing me over.

I was merely responding to the comment that described a purchase agreement where the buyer could walk away as non-binding.

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the dealer intended to add an ADM, it should have been conveyed to the buyer well in advance of delivery.
If this sort of thing happens with the Lightning pickup, it's going to garner a lot of negative media coverage. Ford needs to figure out this whole reserve, convert, purchase model ASAP!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the love of god where the hell did I say anyone was an idiot?

your being a troll.
First - it's you're

You are correct. You did not say that I in particular am an idiot. You said that those of us with reservations with Granger/Stephens/Chapman have half a brain. Sorry I thought that meant I'm an idiot.

I don't think what happened to you is correct, either. It is unfair, as I said earlier.

Sponsored

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to hear about this - hope it works out as this is surely some dirty dealer tactics. I've been on the sidelines for a while now - canceled my Bronco order months ago even before the crazy was turned up. I've purchased three F-150s in the last 7 years, and I am due for another truck as soon as there is a little bit of relief in the shortage pricing. While @Ford Motor Company can't police every transaction, how they handle the ones like this that get some attention will play into whether or not my next truck is a Ford. Ford is 100% responsible for this buying process - reserve, place order at stated price - which if the dealer has you sign an order sheet and they then execute that order I view that as binding between you and dealer, wait for delivery, pickup Bronco and pay the agreed upon price. Looking the other way while dealers screw people who had reservations with last minute ADM is bad bull. @Ford Motor Company - this is a great way to lose loyal customers for other vehicles you make a shit ton of money selling. I'd have no problem moving my business to another auto company that makes trucks that carry and tow my stuff around.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear OP, I do feel bad for you and I also feel bad for Granger/Stephens/Chapman customers. I actually once was a Stephans reservationist. Even though I changed well in advance of order day, I did so for what was best for me. However, I didn't get on there threads and call those guys out. You really can't blame some of them making the comments they are. They are only doing basically what you did on there thread, so to be honest, you shouldn't even respond back as it only makes it worse.

Bottom line, the whole rollout was a fiasco and the rules should have been better communicated and some should have stuck to their timeline. Heck, even my own big city dealer says that.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So glad I have Z Plan.
and I still went with Chapman, because the customer service from @DealerInsider and his team is simply fantastic
So Fantastic, that we bought a Lariat Edition Ranger for the wife while we wait.
When my Bronco comes in, I will be a repeat customer at Chapman because they are an honest and transparent dealership that has earned my business by being awesome.

My local dealership, which is only 3 miles away, was purchased by a larger dealership and immediately the customer service hit rock bottom. Even after talking to the Sales Manager, who gave me his business card, I was never able to get him to call me back, or have his salesmen respond to my emails or calls after simply asking for a Dora with Z plan pricing. I provided them a PDF of my build.
They literally had to only place my order as there is no haggling with Z-plan, and could have retained me as a service and accessory customer.

OP, I am sorry for your loss, but Karma is a bitch. Your comments came back to bite you

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dear OP, I do feel bad for you and I also feel bad for Granger/Stephens/Chapman customers. I actually once was a Stephans reservationist. Even though I changed well in advance of order day, I did so for what was best for me. However, I didn't get on there threads and call those guys out. You really can't blame some of them making the comments they are. They are only doing basically what you did on there thread, so to be honest, you shouldn't even respond back as it only makes it worse.

Bottom line, the whole rollout was a fiasco and the rules should have been better communicated and some should have stuck to their timeline. Heck, even my own big city dealer says that.
I'm like you, had a Stephens reservation but switched to a large local dealer. At Stephens my timestamp was just outside their MY21 allocation and I was near the middle of the local dealers MY21 allocation. I'm scheduled for build Thanksgiving week with hardtop and Sasquatch. I respect the heck out of Stephens, but decided to move to get a higher probability of an earlier build and it seems to have worked. My wife left her order at Granger since we were comfortable waiting for that one. With the new allocation formula, she'll probably move to a local dealer. She's going through the laborious process of contacting dealers, trying to get their allocation info (difficult) and negotiate MSRP (not as difficult).

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an order coming through Geogre Wall as well deliver likely in late Nov. How did it go when you spoke to the dealership today?
Didn't make it in there on Saturday. Will be going this week and will report back
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.