Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@CO-Bronco Delivered today
91822043-5E15-499E-AB91-0A57CE6AD965.jpeg
Went to the dealer to check it out this morning but unable to take it home due to the airbag recall. No real answers from my sales guy, the frustration never ends. Took a while but i was able to coerce him to let me take it for a spin, small consolation for my troubles. TBH the disappointment is almost like a normal reaction at this point. @CO-Bronco thanks for everything, enjoy ur beer!

image.jpg

IMG_9329.jpeg

IMG_9330.jpeg
Sponsored

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to the dealer to check it out this morning but unable to take it home due to the airbag recall. No real answers from my sales guy, the frustration never ends. Took a while but i was able to coerce him to let me take it for a spin, small consolation for my troubles. TBH the disappointment is almost like a normal reaction at this point. @CO-Bronco thanks for everything, enjoy ur beer!

Ford Bronco *** DIRT MOUNTAIN Broncos - Built, Shipped, Delivered Tracker*** IMG_9330

Ford Bronco *** DIRT MOUNTAIN Broncos - Built, Shipped, Delivered Tracker*** IMG_9330

That sucks. So we’ve been discussing this over in the Airbag Recall thread and I’ve been working this from multiple angles in an attempt to gain some info/clarity. Today I went to the NHTSA website directly and downloaded both the advance notice memo from Ford and the Recall Report and it says clearly that letters/notice was to begin 11/15 and complete by 11/19. There’s also a number to call the NHTSA, which I did, and they flat out told me that the entire reason for the delay was…wait for it…”product not available for repair”. Are you kidding me?!?!? How many Broncos have been built since ours were? Thousands? Each of those with airbags placed inside them. That means that this delay on this recall has nothing to do with govt bureaucracy dragging it’s feet, it’s Ford purposely neglecting the affected units in the name of maintaining the current production line rollouts. If it was the govt causing the delay, then fine, because bureaucratic wheels turn slow, but that doesn’t appear to be the case here at all.

JBrew

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3, 2021 Area 51 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To add insult to injury, I was driving home from work yesterday and what did I see? There was an 2 door with a MIC top in Area 51 on the opposite side of the road. I couldn't see the badge or the grill, so I don't know if it was a BD with the brush guard, but it sure looked like what I should be driving.

Bronco_Lover

Big Bend
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing here.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep and mine arrived today, finally...

You can mark me as delivered despite all the trackers saying that I am still on the rail car....

With all that Dirt Mountain Goodness... So not impressed by the MAS delivery.

MAS says I should expect my ride in December... LOL clueless clowns.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can mark me as delivered despite all the trackers saying that I am still on the rail car....

Finally the nightmare is over!

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Finally got paroled! @CO-Bronco Dealer called today and said that he received an email that my FE had been released from MAP and scheduled to be picked up by a truck in the next 24-48 hrs. No update on the pizza tracker yet, but the Jack Cooper site shows “Dispatched 11/19”.

The irony of it all is I’m out of town on a two week business/vacation trip so the soonest I’ll be able to pick it up is a week from now anyway. Oh well, knowing it will actually be in route soon is a big relief. Next will be the anxiety over how bad will the MIC look when it arrives. 😬

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

December? I think now we figured out who Dirty Mike’s “team” is!

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the wife a cayenne today, we planned for a Navigator but after this debacle (and lack of comparable build quality) I'm not giving Ford another dollar. Next fleet buy is 30-45 days out and after 19 yrs there could be a switch.. No Doubt BS.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Valhalla_Overland, good for you! 👍

I don’t think mine has left the railyard yet. When the sun comes up I’m going to drive out there and see what I can see. 🤞

Last edited:

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To add insult to injury, I was driving home from work yesterday and what did I see? There was an 2 door with a MIC top in Area 51 on the opposite side of the road. I couldn't see the badge or the grill, so I don't know if it was a BD with the brush guard, but it sure looked like what I should be driving.
I feel the same way seeing two door broncos showing up at the same dealer I ordered from. WTF is going on?! How is my two door missing but others built after mine are for sale? Ford SUCKS!

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of course an hour after my last angry post I get this . Blend date was 6/30, build date 7/1.
Two Door Antimatter Blue Big Bend, SAS, 2.7L
Email says it will arrive between Dec 3rd and 9th. Ridiculous to have to wait five full months but I'm excited to finally see it. And just in time for $4 gas! Lucky me!

Ford Bronco *** DIRT MOUNTAIN Broncos - Built, Shipped, Delivered Tracker*** Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 5.42.51 AM
Sponsored