First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a minor speaker upgrade tonight. I did the Kicker KSC650 speakers in the kick panels with a piece of Dynamat on the wall behind them. Those are a nice improvement over the factory speakers. I had 3 different brands of 4” speakers to try out for the dash. I plugged them each in and the best By Far were the PRV 4MR60-4 speakers. They had the most volume and clarity and I really wish I had bought 5 of them. A distant second were the Kicker KSC404’s, so I decided to use them for my rear pods. The Memphis PRX3’s sounded better than the B&O speakers, but were 3rd place so didn’t get used. I did also install Dynamat on the back wall of the rear speaker pods. Everything sounds clearer now, but I turned up the volume to 20 now instead of the usual 12-15.
I want to go back in to the subwoofer and put some Dynamat behind the enclosure and on the back wall inside directly behind the sub. That should keep me satisfied for a few months.
Sorry no photos, but the wife was painting the bedroom walls so I did this work in the dark to avoid getting a paint roller in my hands.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed some extra forward lights. I had this bar for some time that I bought from one of those local liquidator stores for $10. It fit perfectly below my winch. It might be in a bad spot to get rock strikes, but we shall see. I ran the white lights to Aux 1 and yellow lights to Aux 2. I also installed the Factory fogs from my Capable bumper. It's nice to have these working again.

gFr0iTs.jpg

obfgDT4.jpg

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tested out my new dash cam that I bought for the upcoming Moab Safari in May. I did a quick little mud trail on my lunch break. I might need to move the camera higher on my windshield to minimize the hood in the video. Let me know where you all are placing your dash cams.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looked at the whole build nice... still not sold on the front camera view though...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looked at the whole build nice... still not sold on the front camera view though...
I have considered a camera relocation kit, BUT that would be an extravagance IMO when there are still other upgrades to be done.

E0CF9149-F662-4756-A724-98583B985D06.jpeg

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took the day off work today and decided to install my ProCal4................
D@@@@mmnn. What a difference!! There is more low end power obvious right away. I just drove it a few times around the neighborhood so far, but the Rev Matching with my Manual transmission is worth the price of admission. The sucker just flat out shifts wonderful now. One thing of note though is that the ProCal never turns off if it is plugged in to the OBDII port. I wrongly assumed I would leave it there and plugged in and it would turn off with the vehicle, but NO. I spent some time running the wire through my dash to hide it and even drilled a hole into my A-pillar. Now I realize I will need to unplug the darn thing or else risk running down my battery. :cry:

oWHCsYP.jpg

kWEa8ff.jpg

YGozOHk.jpg

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed my 5150 Whip light on the tailgate of my Bronco. I did not have time to wire it in (Not yet wired for Fun) because my Jeep Bro came over and had me locate what was rattling on his rig. Turns out the passenger rear brake caliper bracket was missing 1 nut, and the the other 3 nuts were loose. I tightened up the 3 he had and told him to get with the dealership for the missing nut.
Anyway, my whip is only 7 foot 7 inches tall as it is currently mounted. I might need to buy a longer Whip. I bought this Whip back in the day for my 4Runner but never used it. I can fully open the rear and it does not touch the glass in any way. For $28ish bucks, the whip mount is all good.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned 19cjGvC

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned XbWIOal

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned yAVnAne

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed my 5150 Whip light on the tailgate of my Bronco. I did not have time to wire it in (Not yet wired for Fun) because my Jeep Bro came over and had me locate what was rattling on his rig. Turns out the passenger rear brake caliper bracket was missing 1 nut, and the the other 3 nuts were loose. I tightened up the 3 he had and told him to get with the dealership for the missing nut.
Anyway, my whip is only 7 foot 7 inches tall as it is currently mounted. I might need to buy a longer Whip. I bought this Whip back in the day for my 4Runner but never used it. I can fully open the rear and it does not touch the glass in any way. For $28ish bucks, the whip mount is all good.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned yAVnAne

What mount is that?

Sponsored

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates on the beadlock spacers?

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
The samples I ordered will not work. We're going to have to wait for @Tricky Dick to get it done.

CLTmy7B.jpg
Gotcha. Thanks for trying. My Ford Performance beadlock rings should be here today. I still need to order my Boggers. Hopefully a solution will come up soon. Let's go Tricky! @Tricky Dick

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. Thanks for trying. My Ford Performance beadlock rings should be here today. I still need to order my Boggers. Hopefully a solution will come up soon. Let's go Tricky! @Tricky Dick
I should get my sample in next week. Unfortunately they won't be cheap but nothing of quality for the Bronco has been till now right?

I might be able to find a Chinese supplier to run off a bunch but I'm trying to work with more US companies going forward because shipping and customs kills the cheap Chinese prices anyway.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should get my sample in next week. Unfortunately they won't be cheap but nothing of quality for the Bronco has been till now right?

I might be able to find a Chinese supplier to run off a bunch but I'm trying to work with more US companies going forward because shipping and customs kills the cheap Chinese prices anyway.
The 2-door spacers should be half the price of spacers for 4-doors right??
Sponsored