Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ram 1500 ecodiesel and ‘18 VW Atlas SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did two back to back road trips to St George Utah. About 300 miles each way.

After 8 months ownership My Badlands Sasquatch on 35’s gets about 18mpg around town.
But the 2 road trips had me averaging 13.6 mpg on the highway. One trip was loaded up with two adults and 2 children and luggage. The second trip was 1 adult 1 kid and minimal luggage. Difference was only .4 mpg for the “lighter” trip.
Is this normally what people are seeing?
It’s almost worth selling over.
Sponsored

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed a change from 20-21mpg to 16-17mpg when I would adjust cruise from 70mph to 80mph. Those extra 10mph really impacted fuel economy. Sas on a BD.

Sponsored

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
What speed were you doing most of the time? I noticed my base Sas will drop off once I get above 63-65 mph. I was getting around 21-22 mpg over the summer when running around 58-62 mph most of the drive (55 mph road, not 65 mph highway). Winter gas definitely hurts, I'm down 1.5-2 mpg since Oct.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is Eco or Boost - not both. Let off the skinny pedal and cruise below 65mph to keep it out of boost. Don't like going slower? Then bitch about the MPG of a rolling brick on B6G.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well at least it's not just me... no Sasquatch here, but I get equally garbage fuel mileage.

I also get worse mileage on highway than I do in town.

Edit: For the record, I don't actually care that I get poor fuel economy, but it IS funny that my Mustang GT gets way better mileage.

Last edited:

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Odd for mileage to be opposite of what it "should" be. My 2D Badlands V6 gets about 11 average in town (99.9% of my driving) and about 21ish on the freeway, at 70-75ish with ACC on. Non sas, so obviously should be higher MPG than sas, but not by much.
edit to add, always in sport mode, 2wd unless its raining.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did two back to back road trips to St George Utah. About 300 miles each way.

After 8 months ownership My Badlands Sasquatch on 35’s gets about 18mpg around town.
But the 2 road trips had me averaging 13.6 mpg on the highway. One trip was loaded up with two adults and 2 children and luggage. The second trip was 1 adult 1 kid and minimal luggage. Difference was only .4 mpg for the “lighter” trip.
Is this normally what people are seeing?
It’s almost worth selling over.
Well, we’re all on winter blend gas for starters, but you’re not telling us all the details like how do you drive? Do you have any mods like bigger tires or a lift, added extra weight? What?

Bronco is an off-roader shaped like a brick; it ain’t a Mustang. Honestly, going over 75mph should be a rare occasion. I don’t keep up with my fuel usage as I don’t care and I have the 2 door, but don’t think it’s 13mpg.

If you don’t off-road and only ride it around town, then yeah, you should sell it and get something that more fits your life better.

Bronco also isn’t a road tripper; in fact it’s horrible for that. I road trip enough to get to the trailhead, the wife’s SUV is much more plush for a road trip.

There are hardly any aerodynamics with the Bronco design and all of these threads about the mpg are exhausting as it’s not a surprise to any of us.

Your number is low for sure, so check your air filter. If you also stay out of boost from the turbo, you’ll sort of increase some efficiency.

Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My SO was driving without cruise control on, pulsing the throttle. I could see my avg mpg go down with her behind the wheel.

I raced around town all week long more aggro than normal and my mpg went down about .5.

going the speed limit and using cruise gets me 19 usually.

TheSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EG Badlands Sasquatch / 22 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just made a 5500 mile round trip out west to Rocky Mountain National Park, Moab/Arches, Vegas, Vegas Off-Roadeo, Grand Canyon, and back to TN. 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch with stock wheels/tires. Averaged between 18.3 and 18.9. Lots of luggage/camping gear.

Something doesn’t sound right???