First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I totally understand your frustration, @Texas_Dave, and will support your request for more info. I was concerned folks would start asking me for the Ford Executive contact info.; i am not comfortable giving it out at this time. That said, I am willing to send an e-mail on your (and the other 552 folks affected) behalf, if that's acceptable to you.

But first: let's give our member who is in Ford Warranty Administration, @Tornado_735, and on this thread, a chance to respond to our direct request for info. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/šŸ“-my-letter-to-the-ford-executive-team-safety-manf-quality-and-ford-executives-follow-up-response-call.29636/page-5

Second: have you contacted Ford customer service at (866) 436-7332? Ford's number for this recall is 21C23. Notices were supposed to be starting to drop in folk's e-mails Nov. 15th, and I read where one member did receive his.
Hey Cat, totally respect that and would very much appreciate you passing this along if you donā€™t mind. I didnā€™t know we had someone within Ford Warranty on hers, but if they have info they can actually share then weā€™d be very appreciative.

As for everything else, Iā€™ve beaten on every door I could, including creating a Twitter account (I never had one as I hate social media) for the express purpose of chasing down Mile Levine in hopes of getting anything g at all, but heā€™s given nothing. Iā€™ve pulled the docs straight from the NHTSA, and both called and emailed them. I spoke directly with the person who is the NHTSA contact working with Ford (her name & contact is listed on their docs) and she told me the hold up is purely on Ford - that Ford claims no parts yet because of ā€œCovidā€. That same doc includes an airbag part #, which apparently is Fordā€™s part #, and another forum member even called their dealer with that part # and they were able to order it despite being told it doesnā€™t exist. My salesman said that replacing the part, even if it exists, before Ford issues the official bulletin would result in voiding of the warranty. This makes no sense to me because itā€™s a straightforward fix, so why is Ford sitting on this whole countless other units built and being built get delivered while ours sit at dealership lots?

I have called Fordā€™s number multiple times and they are More than useless. They read from a script, claim not to have info, and kick it back to the dealership by saying our dealers have more info. This of course is a complete lie because the dealer has no info since they themselves have not had the info shared to them from Ford. Iā€™ve used all the numbers for the recall listed, including the one you mentioned and got nada in return. As for the notices, as far as I know not a single person has received one yet, myself included. Iā€™ve been as patient as possible, but Ford already bent many of us over with the MIC top fiasco (mine was blended 8/4 after multiple delays) and promptly banished to DM for a couple of months. When it was finally released and shipped I thought it was all over finally, only to get the airbag issue pop up while in transit and now it sits at a dealership waiting for an airbag since mid-Oct, so Ford vent me over twice on this and I just want answers for once because this car isnā€™t a want, itā€™s a need as my family is on one vehicle after I believed the Bronco was almost mine when it shipped.
Sponsored

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NICE !!!!!!

You forgot the roll of electrical tape left on the hood weatherstripping. :LOL:
I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

"Dear Ford Executive Team,

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Let's talk about Safety first:

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat
2 Dr WildTrak, Prod Scheduled week of 12/20/2021.
Order# 5203; VIN 1FMDE5CP4NLA74127"

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Thank you. I waited this long (8/2/2020 reservation), I do not want a faulty car. I am happy I have a 2013 Acura MDX with 100K miles. Never had an issue and ā€œweā€ both treated each other very well. I am sure it will go another 100K. Ford should aim for that quality!

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well shit.. I kept joking that the delay in my mods popping today and them only seeming to have gotten to 300 or so builds today was because they had beers at lunch or a possible field day.. this email may explain the delay in production today. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ all jokes aside, and despite my continued delay, Iā€™m glad someone spoke up and was able to get their attention and garner a response. Itā€™s ludicrous that they continue to turn a blind eye to major issues. This is the first ford Iā€™ll own and already know it will be my last. Thank you for taking the time to speak up.

• Haha
Reactions: Cat

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad you forgot to mention all of the hood dents in the exact same spot.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well done, if I give you an email address can you email my COO with some pointers too???

Sponsored

bobbib

Badlands
First Name
Bobbi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cat thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I canā€™t thank you enough actually, as i have worried to death about paying a hefty price for something that could be very low quality. As you saw in our prior post with @texashoya, we were very concerned about what to do when taking delivery of our vehicles.

Youā€™re a badass Thank you again.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of mine two months ago and it has been perfect. I work with a lot of "engineers" and they have made it very clear they are super smart and know everything. Especially about things they read on the internet. How about taking delivery, and then, reporting back!
People are doing just that. Taking delivery and reporting back. How do you think we are finding out the good AND the bad? I work with a lot of people, and not all of them think before they speak!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Cat, totally respect that and would very much appreciate you passing this along if you donā€™t mind. I didnā€™t know we had someone within Ford Warranty on hers, but if they have info they can actually share then weā€™d be very appreciative.

As for everything else, Iā€™ve beaten on every door I could, including creating a Twitter account (I never had one as I hate social media) for the express purpose of chasing down Mile Levine in hopes of getting anything g at all, but heā€™s given nothing. Iā€™ve pulled the docs straight from the NHTSA, and both called and emailed them. I spoke directly with the person who is the NHTSA contact working with Ford (her name & contact is listed on their docs) and she told me the hold up is purely on Ford - that Ford claims no parts yet because of ā€œCovidā€. That same doc includes an airbag part #, which apparently is Fordā€™s part #, and another forum member even called their dealer with that part # and they were able to order it despite being told it doesnā€™t exist. My salesman said that replacing the part, even if it exists, before Ford issues the official bulletin would result in voiding of the warranty. This makes no sense to me because itā€™s a straightforward fix, so why is Ford sitting on this whole countless other units built and being built get delivered while ours sit at dealership lots?

I have called Fordā€™s number multiple times and they are More than useless. They read from a script, claim not to have info, and kick it back to the dealership by saying our dealers have more info. This of course is a complete lie because the dealer has no info since they themselves have not had the info shared to them from Ford. Iā€™ve used all the numbers for the recall listed, including the one you mentioned and got nada in return. As for the notices, as far as I know not a single person has received one yet, myself included. Iā€™ve been as patient as possible, but Ford already bent many of us over with the MIC top fiasco (mine was blended 8/4 after multiple delays) and promptly banished to DM for a couple of months. When it was finally released and shipped I thought it was all over finally, only to get the airbag issue pop up while in transit and now it sits at a dealership waiting for an airbag since mid-Oct, so Ford vent me over twice on this and I just want answers for once because this car isnā€™t a want, itā€™s a need as my family is on one vehicle after I believed the Bronco was almost mine when it shipped.
@Texas_Dave...@MSPBronco posted this a couple days ago: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...future-bronco-owners.3794/page-32#post-999790.

Thanks for the detailed efforts you are going thru. I will send a note off after @Tornado_735 tells us what his investigation revealed (positively assuming he will help us).

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Cat thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I canā€™t thank you enough actually, as i have worried to death about paying a hefty price for something that could be very low quality. As you saw in our prior post with @texashoya, we were very concerned about what to do when taking delivery of our vehicles.

My pleasure, @bobbib and @texashoya.

Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very much appreciate the letter and voice of concern for many.

Letā€™s hope they address this before my 11/23 blend is actually built lol..

Saddle Tramp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wrote this e-mail to top level Ford Executives early this morning, as the Safety, Manf. & Quality issues escaping are bothering me:

I am writing to you today about an alarming and ever-growing list of manufacturing and quality defects related to the new Bronco, as posted by Bronco6g Forum members. Please spend some time reading this note, and viewing the attached pictures.

I am a retired Boeing Quality Leader, with 31 years of experience in Engineering, Manf & QMS, including Global Supply Chain. I have a Bronco WildTrak on order that has been reserved since July 14, 2020, and while I am excited to receive it, I am very concerned about the magnitude of safety and quality issues escaping Ford's QMS.

Customers are stranded on the road because radiator coolant hoses are rubbing on pulleys due to unfastened/loose clamps, or, wire harnesses are rubbing on the drive train because clamps are missing. Another was stranded because an alternator belt was installed smooth side down. Yet another had total loss of power because the Negative Battery Terminal was extremely loose. Repetitive reports of loose screws in the fuse blocks (pic attached).

Issues with the MIC 2.0 Hardtop are still rampant. Air pockets/delam, snakeskin, sharp edges cutting owners, significant water intrusion, gaps and seal issues, whistling to name a few.

One Customer received Black Diamond front seats and Badlands back seats. (Pic attached). Another had a hybrid driver's seat: Navy Pier back with Black vinyl front (pic attached).

Missing paint on the interior of the tailgate and fuel door (pic attached), as well as door hinges.

The items listed above are just a small sampling of recent Safety, Manf/Quality issues new Bronco Customers are experiencing. Below is my comprehensive checklist I will be using when I take delivery. These are all issues posted on the Bronco6g forum.

[This is where I inserted contents of my checklist I have been posting. Ref: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/pre-delivery-self-qc-checklist.29467/]

Thank you for your time and consideration of my e-mail; I know you all must have very full plates. I welcome your responses, and, if there is anything I can help with please let me know.

Sincerely,

Cat

Thirteen hours later, I received a call from Ford's Executive Office, expressing concern and they are taking this feedback very seriously. My e-mail has been making the rounds, and has been forwarded to Manufacturing for their investigation and resolution of each item to prevent recurrence. The Executive I spoke with agreed these issues should not have left Ford's Quality Management System.

Sometimes, in big manufacturing companies, the Executives don't get alot of feedback directly from their end-users. When they do, improvement actions can be swift. Let's hope this is the case with Ford.

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742

Sincerely,

Cat

View attachment 215738

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215742
Well written letter. I have to point out that problems with the Bronco, pale in contrast with the Boeing 737, issues!

OP
OP
Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I updated the checklist:
****Revision 1**** on the Self Check QC thread. I am not sure of the best way to update it and not have a jillion links, but I cut the old and pasted the new in the "original" edited message. The link to it is on Page 1 of this thread. I will try to keep this updated under Rev Control until I take delivery of mine.

Teampuryear12

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well maybe all of us need to write them a letter on the up charge on all these broncos when we should have price protection for any reservation of a bronco....and theses dealerships are screwing the ones that have waited 400+ days for our ordered bronco....just sayin maybe they would do something about that also and help out the fellow bronco owners...maybe a pipe dream....I dont know
Sponsored