DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
‘22 4-dr BD Sas checking in. Cloth strip on both front seats. Totally makes sense for the anti squeak
This must have something to do with seat position because mine don’t even come close to touching and I’m plenty heavy to make them squeak.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford was notorious for phasing out/in bronco parts from year to year especially with the 66' and 67' years, and some with the 68'-71' years. I'll have to check our MGV in our 22' BL 2D.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This must have something to do with seat position because mine don’t even come close to touching and I’m plenty heavy to make them squeak.
Oh I'm not saying mine are anywhere near hitting either. I can just see the idea behind it. Plastic meets MGV, cue the my seats won't stop squeaking posts.

OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I'm not saying mine are anywhere near hitting either. I can just see the idea behind it. Plastic meets MGV, cue the my seats won't stop squeaking posts.
My 2-door isn't close to rubbing on the center console either but my doors are very close to touching the b-pillar where the seat belt goes and there is absolutely no room for the seatbelt to fit between the b-pillar and seat. I wonder if they gave up on fixing the "center console squeak" and just shifted the seats over 1/4" or so? Who knows.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hm. I just checked my 2022 BD and yup cloth on both seats on the center console side.

5 mins ago I would have bet money they were all MGV.

Sponsored

mul1gan

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just at my dealership, they had 6 broncos in stock, I checked 3 of them and they all had clothe on the inside of both front seats.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full disclosure, I have a 4-door BL on order with the MGV, however I do not want to be an alarmist. I know the MGV wasn't completely impervious to water, but wouldn't having a cloth strip on one or more sides of the seat allow water to get in and increase the chances of mold and other water damage? Feels like it defeats the purpose of getting MGV. Although I have heard people say simply having stitching allows for water to get in, so I will defer to those smarter than me. :) Guess I am just surprised at this being a solution...but maybe it works?

Last edited:

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

‘22 4dr BL Lux, both seats have it

OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full disclosure, I have a 4-door BL on order with the MGV, however I do not want to be an alarmist. I know the MGV wasn't completely impervious to water, but wouldn't having a cloth strip on one or more sides of the seat allow water to get in and increase the chances of mold and other water damage? Feels like it defeats the purpose of getting MGV. Although I have heard people say simply having stitching allows for water to get in, so I will defer to those smarter than me. :) Guess I am just surprised at this being a solution...but maybe it works?
Maybe it's neoprene like a wetsuit?

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was sure that my '21 bd was 100% mgv but checked anyway. To my surprise, it has cloth on both front seats alongside the console. Might this be a 4 dr thing, (mine is 4d). Built in August of '21. After looking at the pictures again, I rechecked. Mine has a cloth skirt about 2"s below top edge of seat on console side. It is not up to top of cushion as in the OP's pictures.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was sure that my '21 bd was 100% mgv but checked anyway. To my surprise, it has cloth on both front seats alongside the console. Might this be a 4 dr thing, (mine is 4d). Built in August of '21.
Seriously? Not the “Velcro” type marerial along the very bottom, but the side directly under the main part of the seat is fabric? If so, that’s the first real outlier I’ve seen in this thread…

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was sure that my '21 bd was 100% mgv but checked anyway. To my surprise, it has cloth on both front seats alongside the console. Might this be a 4 dr thing, (mine is 4d). Built in August of '21.
Just checked my September 21 built 4 door badlands and both seats are MGV with no cloth strip by the center console.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
that cloth strip was added to help with long term durability, and stave off premature wear through, esp. with the grab handle contact point. running changes like this are done all the time, but usually go un-noticed. Not in this forum LOL. get out the microscope.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX cloth seats are all cloth 😂, but I was expecting the bottoms to be leather or MGV.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that cloth strip was added to help with long term durability, and stave off premature wear through, esp. with the grab handle contact point. running changes like this are done all the time, but usually go un-noticed. Not in this forum LOL. get out the microscope.
LOL...so true. We've got nothin' but time on our hands till we get ours for those of us who are waiting....those of us who have them are inspecting every little thing since they had to wait so long. Makes sense to me. :D
Sponsored