Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First post here!

Id like to know if anyone has tried fitting a 37x13.5 tire onto the factory wheels. Im sure the 13.5 tire would be more suited to fit a 9 inch wheel, but just a hypothetical question here.

What I am trying to do is fit a wider tire while having the tire sit right at the fender, no poke the truck is wide enough as is.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First what factory wheels are you talking about ? There are a ton of factory wheels.
The badlands SAS and Raptors are 8.5 and 37x13.5 fit great on the wheel. Depending on your lift and if you plan on running spacer will determine if they rub. Please don’t listen to the one inch over tread width , it is just nonsense.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First what factory wheels are you talking about ? There are a ton of factory wheels.
The badlands SAS are 8.5 and 37x13.5 fit great on the wheel. Depending on your lift and if you plan on running spacer will determine if they rub. Please don’t listen to the one inch over tread width , it is just nonsense.
What proof do you have that it is nonsense? I spent a number of years around autocross and road course drivers and engineers that would vehemently disagree with your statement. Slip angle, wear pattern, etc are affected negatively. You can consider that anecdotal which is fine. None of the "stance" crowd that showed up to "school the geezers" believed it either. Even Tire Rack states it is undesirable. I'm not above being shown I'm wrong. If I had $5 for every time I've been wrong I'd be bribing Congressmen.
This part I have no clue on and would like to learn about. Wouldn't running an overly wide tire under low tire, aired down conditions be undesirable? Let's assume we are not discussing bead locked wheels. Thanks

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP's profile says he has a Raptor, so stock is 37 x 12.5. I don't think another inch will hurt anything at all. There will just be a bit more sidewall bulge.

Now, as to whether it will rub . . . that's the question.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What proof do you have that it is nonsense? I spent a number of years around autocross and road course drivers and engineers that would vehemently disagree with your statement. Slip angle, wear pattern, etc are affected negatively. You can consider that anecdotal which is fine. None of the "stance" crowd that showed up to "school the geezers" believed it either. Even Tire Rack states it is undesirable. I'm not above being shown I'm wrong. If I had $5 for every time I've been wrong I'd be bribing Congressmen.
This part I have no clue on and would like to learn about. Wouldn't running an overly wide tire under low tire, aired down conditions be undesirable? Let's assume we are not discussing bead locked wheels. Thanks
Beings the sasquatch wheel is 8.5" wide you should not have more than a 9.5" wide tire on it by your logic yet we all know the factory sasquatch tie is more than 9.5" wide. In fact all Bronco trim levels come factory with tires more than 1" wider than their factory rims.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doubt in your experience this is true, but Broncos are not road course or autocross. Look at every factory application of 37” tires or come down the King of Hammers this week and check out how everyone is set up.
After a quick check on your ride, why didn’t you follow your own advice 9 inch wheels with 285mm= 11.2”.

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
.. why didn’t you follow your own advice 9 inch wheels with 285mm= 11.2”.
285 doesn't necessarily mean 285mm of actual tread width..

The 285s on my rig have a narrower contact width than the 275s they replaced.. and a contact width 3 hairs wider than the 235s on my fiances focus st..

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No doubt in your experience this is true, but Broncos are not road course or autocross. Look at every factory application of 37” tires or come down the King of Hammers this week and check out how everyone is set up.
After a quick check on your ride, why didn’t you follow your own advice 9 inch wheels with 285mm= 11.2”.
I get that and totally agree. My contention was saying it was nonsense. It isn't.. I would also contend that most of you drive to and from off roading events where what I stated is very relevant. On ramps, suddenly dodging joe knuckled on the highway, etc. So using a made up 15% of the vehicles use case as an argument for 100% of its usage is not a strong stance. But I definitely get your point and thanks for the answer. I'm here to learn.
Not sure who you intended this for; "After a quick check on your ride, why didn’t you follow your own advice 9 inch wheels with 285mm= 11.2”. I don't even have a Bronco yet soooo... ;) T'wasn't me.

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

On road tires with much shorter sidewalls are very different than off road tires with very tall sidewalls. If we were talking road course or auto cross, I would agree.... That extra width of tire (beyond the wheel) off road actually protects the wheel from rock rash... even with that you may get some. The narrower wheel compared to the tire width works exceptionally well off road when the tire is aired down.

Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d trust 70-75% of the tire width for the wheel width if you’re airing down and going off road.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On road tires with much shorter sidewalls are very different than off road tires with very tall sidewalls. If we were talking road course or auto cross, I would agree.... That extra width of tire (beyond the wheel) off road actually protects the wheel from rock rash... even with that you may get some. The narrower wheel compared to the tire width works exceptionally well off road when the tire is aired down.
Exactly. I couldn’t have said it better. Also less likely to knock the tire bead off the rim when aired down and not running bead lock rims. Sure, running narrower than “optimum” rim width compromises performance and wear on-road slightly, but tall sidewall off-road type tires are a compromise that we’re willing to put up with. And for some posers it is in fact a “look” they want. I have no problem with that.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First post here!

Id like to know if anyone has tried fitting a 37x13.5 tire onto the factory wheels. Im sure the 13.5 tire would be more suited to fit a 9 inch wheel, but just a hypothetical question here.

What I am trying to do is fit a wider tire while having the tire sit right at the fender, no poke the truck is wide enough as is.

Thanks in advance!
The 13.50 will fit on 8.5" - 12.5" rim widths. Assuming you have the Raptor 8.5" wheels, you are ok.

OP
OP

TheGOAT

Raptor
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 13.50 will fit on 8.5" - 12.5" rim widths. Assuming you have the Raptor 8.5" wheels, you are ok.
Thanks for the first useful reply in the thread! Aside from fitting on the 8.5" wheel, any idea if it will rub on the suspension components, that is my main concern.

I will find out eventually *yikes*

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the first useful reply in the thread! Aside from fitting on the 8.5" wheel, any idea if it will rub on the suspension components, that is my main concern.

I will find out eventually *yikes*
Hard to say. I have read in a few other forums that the 37x13.50 fits with no rub, but I, personally, have not verified fitment.
Sponsored