Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM Gran Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think Ford is gonna sell a lot of Squatched Broncos without the 2.7L. It's just too easy to throw on another 1900 bucks when you've already paid for the auto and Squatch package, whether it be pre-orders or dealer stock.

I personally would move down a trim before giving up the engine if it became a budgeting issue, and if there's no budgeting issue, there's no point in NOT getting the 2.7l. imo of course.
Budget is not an issue for me, but I am sticking with the 2.3 and no SAS because I want the roof sound deadening and roof rack. If I knew these could be had shortly after delivery I would go with the 2.7. I just dont think they will be available for a year or more later.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
only ready Iā€™m considering the 2.7L is due to the whole carbon build up/direct injection only thing with the 2.3. Hoping there is still a chance for 2.7 with a manual in the future.
I am kind of on the fence yet because of that.

But for major engine issues my dealer has a lifetime warranty on engines if you have the oil changed there so there is that.

I am kind of getting over OHC/DOHC V6/8 monstrosities shoehorned into vehicles for DIY repairs. An I4 with the spark plugs in a neat row on the top of the engine with all the other stuff stuck on the sides like my 1940's tractor doesn't sound too bad.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Engines much weaker than the 2.3EB have been turning 35's for decades... often without the luxury of 4.70's...
Yup. One of my good friends who wheels extremely hard runs a Toyota 22RE which has less than 150 hp/torque. Hereā€™s a picture of his rig:
Ford Bronco 2.3 and Sasquatch - Who's Doing It? 3B9CBABE-3485-4FF8-AC16-A306CCCB7CF7

now to be fair he has a dual transfer case which means he has over 200:1 crawl ratio but the point still stands

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Budget is not an issue for me, but I am sticking with the 2.3 and no SAS because I want the roof sound deadening and roof rack. If I knew these could be had shortly after delivery I would go with the 2.7. I just dont think they will be available for a year or more later.
Iā€™m getting the 2.7 hopefully being able to pick this stuff up within 6 months of delivery. Who knows. I have a second day reservation so I figure I am 30k or so in. That puts me at a June/July build and an August/September delivery. So hopefully by spring of 2022. Doubt it though on all counts with restraints and COVID.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3 was always the only option for me, as the Manual trans is the only constraint I have for my Bronco. If they had been Auto-Only, I would have kept my 2017 Tacoma for another 20 years, and even now I am wondering if I'm going to regret selling that thing. I gave up a pristine and awesome pickup to drive old junk for potentially 2 years or more for this thing, because the 2.3 has 100 more HP than the 2.7 in my Tacoma did. With 4.7 gears, 35's will feel the same as 32's would with 4.10's, and still better than my Tacoma did with 32's and 4.10's, because TURBO.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure you could pick up the sound deadening and rack after getting your Bronco if this is your only constraint holding you back from the 2.7. I'm going 2.3 Squatch. It will have more power/lb than anything else I drive, I like the simplicity of the 4 and I'm cheap. I'm only concerned about the carbon build up thing.

Vince

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM Gran Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure you could pick up the sound deadening and rack after getting your Bronco if this is your only constraint holding you back from the 2.7. I'm going 2.3 Squatch. It will have more power/lb than anything else I drive, I like the simplicity of the 4 and I'm cheap. I'm only concerned about the carbon build up thing.
I don't think I will need the 2.7. I was only considering adding it as it's just $250 more after adding automatic trans. The noise reduction and the ability to store cargo on top is more important to me.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't think I will need the 2.7. I was only considering adding it as it's just $250 more after adding automatic trans. The noise reduction and the ability to store cargo on top is more important to me.
Right, if it really is $250, that will work. There's a bit of a glitch in the B&P, if you get Squatch you get a "free" auto, if you get 2.7 you get "free" auto, but if you get 2.7 and Squatch you pay for one or the other.

Sponsored

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the base 4 door sasquatch with 2.3. Itā€™s for my wife.

For trails and rocks 2.3 is plenty. Like the other yota bros said. BUTo be fair donā€™t compare a light weight caged crawler to a full size 4-5k Bronco.

For shooting around to the mall and climbing long highway stretches with full weight and/or a trailer; the 2.7 will be the OBVIOUS choice winner.

Iā€™m somewhat regretting my order with the 2.3 liter as my wife ainā€™t gonna trail it like I do my tacoma so the 2.7 is more appealing šŸ˜‚ But luckily she doesnā€™t want a fast truck, just a bronco to remind her of the one she learned to drive in.

Blatant side note, my tacoma (manual) is weighted with steel: front/rear bumper front skid, sliders, and a winch, and rolls 35s e range with 4.88s. Is it comfy hammering it around town? No. Does it do the job-YES. is it all I ever ā€œneedā€ on the trails I do: Yes. The only reason Iā€™d ever consider a supercharger or larger motor swap is for bragging rights-And Iā€™m not rich or vain enough for either.

F40C9DDE-B644-4243-ACF8-4FB5408530D3.jpeg

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 ecoboost and sasquatch YESSSSS
Yep, me too. I am buying the Bronco for its off road capability. I have other cars to drive on the street. I have no concerns at all about the "smaller" engine. For the record, it has more horsepower than any of the other two dozen cars I've owned so far.

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, me too. I am buying the Bronco for its off road capability. I have other cars to drive on the street. I have no concerns at all about the "smaller" engine. For the record, it has more horsepower than any of the other two dozen cars I've owned so far.
I picked up my 2.3 Sasquatch automatic today and it is definitely not lacking in power. It easily pulls 10th gear at like 50 mph. I don't expect to be wishing for the 2.7 engine.
Sponsored