First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't noticed this noise on my 7MT - yet...
Do you live in a warmer climate? If noticed a few people who live in hot places were not hearing it...or would hear it at start up then it would go away within a few minutes.
Sponsored

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you live in a warmer climate? If noticed a few people who live in hot places were not hearing it...or would hear it at start up then it would go away within a few minutes.
I live just north of Houston. No noise yet. Hope I don't get it!

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base 2.3 manual transmission here. Same noise. Mostly when below 40 degrees. I'm heading to dealer tomorrow for this and a Powertrain Malfunction error code. Updates appreciated by all.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Base 2.3 manual transmission here. Same noise. Mostly when below 40 degrees. I'm heading to dealer tomorrow for this and a Powertrain Malfunction error code. Updates appreciated by all.
Good Morning! Send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location. I'd like to look into your noise issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: just got back from the dealership. Just my luck it is almost 40 degrees here today so by the time I got to the dealership the noise was gone because it was warmed up. I let them listen to the video of the noise. They looked over the whole vehicle and said nothing is mechanically wrong but that they would make a note and flag the issue that I brought to them. They said its good to drive without issue. Thats all I needed to hear because I figured it couldn't be too bad if it stops when the vehicle is warmed up.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Morning! Send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location. I'd like to look into your noise issue.
Should any of us with this issue go ahead and private message you?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you a person or a "bot"?
Usually it's a social media representative who takes your information, then creates a case number for customer support. Customer support calls you some time later and essentially tells you "go into your dealer". It's not a great system, and does not instill much faith in those of us whose dealers service departments aren't the most reliable.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's an idea; instead of relying on dealers to jot things down when we bring our cars in, how about providing us all some means of telling Ford directly of issues on new models like this? None of these transmissions have any significant wear or tear on them yet, so any issue that affects multiple similarly spec'd vehicles is sure to be more common than first thought.

As for my 2.3L 7MT, I notice a slight whirring/scraping sound at idle but only when the engine is cold started and when it's colder than about 50F outside. It's not so much a grinding noise like one would hear when you mis-shift, but more of a scraping noise like blue jeans in a washing machine. It's very faint though, I'm sure it would get louder in colder climates. Haven't noticed any issues shifting, though. Could be as simple as draining the transmission fluid and filling up with a better quality fluid like Motul DCTF

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I replied to the "bot". It was a social media monitor person. They took all the information and assigned me a case number. A support person called me about 3 hours later. We went over all the information and she is contacting the dealership service department today to discuss my Powertrain Malfunction and grinding noise. She said she would call me this week with more information.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Usually it's a social media representative who takes your information, then creates a case number for customer support. Customer support calls you some time later and essentially tells you "go into your dealer". It's not a great system, and does not instill much faith in those of us whose dealers service departments aren't the most reliable.
Pretty much as you said....

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone gotten any feedback from taking it in to the dealership yet? I'm scheduled for next week but was hoping to gather some other data beforehand.
Sponsored