First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

WTF do you want them to do? Stop an entire rollout for 30 vehicles? Take that times 10 and its still not a significant issue. Look at the 30 thousand plus people that are out enjoying theirs and beating the brakes off of them. If it were me it happened to, i'd sell it off on Carvana after the motor was replaced, and order a new one.
None of what you said is correct, so I can't possibly explain it to you.
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of what you said is correct, so I can't possibly explain it to you.
Which part? Prove where i'm wrong then. I'm up for debate, i'll eat crow when it's a justified issue. Just because you have a sour opinion doesn't prove shit.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which part? Prove where i'm wrong then. I'm up for debate, i'll eat crow when it's a justified issue. Just because you have a sour opinion doesn't prove shit.
I would just say just because you have a sour opinion of those posting on this thread, doesn't prove shit to anything you have written. I guess the easiest thing to say, if you don't care about the issue, stop following the feed. Go and beat the brakes off your Bronco.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me at least, a small comforting thing is that these are all relatively low mileage. Max so far noted is ~4500. If that holds true, it seems that if you can make it past 5k, you're out of the danger zone?
I wouldn't consider mileage the only variable. In my situation it happened the first time the temperature hit the teens and @ 1900 miles in my driveway. Things get brittle in the cold so if you happen to be in a warmer climate you may just have a more delayed fuse than those in the north.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You've got some great points, but we all waited SO long for our rigs, many of us use them as daily drivers. It does not sound like resolutions are coming in very timely, nor does having someone take almost your entire car apart instill much confidence. We're allowed to be worried. I called my buddy in Houston this weekend who worked in service at a Ford dealer and he claimed at least that seven Broncos came in with blown engines within a couple days. The issue is likely a little bigger than we have the visibility to see, but certainly not sky is falling.
Yeah, I'll be stuck with a loaner with a huge list of rules for who knows how long. Can't offroad or go anywhere with my two dogs which is a huge deal for me.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How in the world does Ford still have so much good will with you?
Some people just bleed Ford Blue, so nothing Ford does or doesn't do bothers them. Either that or they work for Bronco Notion and are here incognito.

As the saying goes, insert Ford before each stansa...
"hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil".
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] emoji_evil_thumb

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF do you want them to do? Stop an entire rollout for 30 vehicles? Take that times 10 and its still not a significant issue. Look at the 30 thousand plus people that are out enjoying theirs and beating the brakes off of them. If it were me it happened to, i'd sell it off on Carvana after the motor was replaced, and order a new one.
Sheesh man. How can you think that it’s only 30 vehicles? It’s only 30 ON THIS BOARD! This message board is a small subset of bronco owners.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people just bleed Ford Blue, so nothing Ford does or doesn't do bothers them. Either that or they work for Bronco Notion and are here incognito.

As the saying goes, insert Ford before each stansa...
"hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil".
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] emoji_evil_thumb
Any update on new 4runner? Not sure how much longer i’ll keep my bronco reservation.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all seriousness, do we expect this to be an issue with new builds? I.E. my truck that was built in mid-december?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any update on new 4runner? Not sure how much longer i’ll keep my bronco reservation.
There is a new Sequoia teaser Toyota let fly today, which means it is right on time per the Toyota release date leak. So we should see the teasers for the new 4Runner any time between now and fall since the leak showed it releasing in the same year, 2022, as the Sequoia. This matches other rumors that the 6th gen 4Runner is due out in this fall as a MY23.

The Next Big Thing from Toyota is on the Horizon
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Toyota_SUV_Teaser_FULL_1-18-2022-600x400

Toyota-Next-Gen-Launch-Timeline
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Toyota-Next-Gen-Launch-Timeline-Courtesy-of-GR86.org_

Now back to our regularly scheduled Bronco...

Last edited:

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a new Sequoia teaser Toyota let fly today, which means it is right on time per the Toyota release date leak. So we should see the teasers for the new 4Runner any time between now and fall since the leak showed it releasing in the same year, 2022, as the Sequoia. This matches other rumors that the 6th gen 4Runner is due out in this fall as a MY23.

The Next Big Thing from Toyota is on the Horizon
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Toyota-Next-Gen-Launch-Timeline-Courtesy-of-GR86.org_

Toyota-Next-Gen-Launch-Timeline

Now back to our regularly scheduled Bronco...
Before ordering my Bronco I was shopping 4Runners and there was nearly zero dealer stock of the upper trims. A few TRD Pro's were sitting on lots listed over MSRP but I couldn't bring myself to buy a decade+ old of a design at that price point.

Long story short, I'd be shocked if the redesigned 4Runner TRD Pro will be sitting in stock this year. Maybe a few sprinkled here and there with crazy high dealer markup.

Sorry for our brief detour from 2.7L panic, but the 4Runner won't be anyone's salvation for a long time.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the 2.7 and have a question. Was this engine redesigned somehow from a previous 2.7 and our Broncos were the first to get them? Just trying to understand the situation. EDIT: Like an idiot, I originally put 5.7 instead of 2.7.

Last edited:

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the 5.7 and have a question. Was this engine redesigned somehow from a previous 5.7 and our Broncos were the first to get them? Just trying to understand the situation.
You have a V8 in your Bronco🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 5.7 and have a question. Was this engine redesigned somehow from a previous 5.7 and our Broncos were the first to get them? Just trying to understand the situation.
🤦‍♂️

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I suspect your engine has already blown up since you are missing one of your cylinders ;) , if yours is still running you have a 2.7L. Yes, the parts and pieces are different from the F-150 2.7L, listed below.
Complete cyl head assy:
ML3Z-6049-K LH
ML3Z-6049-J RH
No need to compare w/F150, you can see from the prefix those are Bronco only
Ex valve: JT4Z-6505-A
Valve spring: FT4Z-6513-A
Keeper: FT4Z-6518-A
Lock: FT4Z-6514-A
Rocker: FT4Z-6564-C
Lifter: BR3Z-6500-A
Sponsored

Last edited: