Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a 21214, motor died yesterday and left me stranded. Had just over 3K miles. Waiting on dealer for diagnosis.
Dang. Iā€™m a 21214 as well. 4500 miles on it now. Hope it doesnā€™t get all explodey on me.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
21180 and now crossing 20k miles.
This is great to hear. I'm a 21174 build so although every engine built around that date has a chance of having a bad valve, it's gives me some hope. I just crossed 1800 miles so I have a long way to go before I'll feel more comfortable. I'll let everyone know if mine explodes.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been keeping a watch on this thread because I have a friend, not on 6g, that has a 2.7 on his Badlands. He took delivery in December ā€˜21. He said yesterday he flipped 10,000 miles. I asked have you had any problems and he said not a single problem of any kind since he has owned it. I have never told him about the known failures because itā€™s poison to the mind and could suck the joy out of ownership. Just enjoy the Bronco. If it happens it happens.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been keeping a watch on this thread because I have a friend, not on 6g, that has a 2.7 on his Badlands. He took delivery in December ā€˜21. He said yesterday he flipped 10,000 miles. I asked have you had any problems and he said not a single problem of any kind since he has owned it. I have never told him about the known failures because itā€™s poison to the mind and could suck the joy out of ownership. Just enjoy the Bronco. If it happens it happens.
Ya, let him enjoy it. I typically put 750 miles a weekend on mine and it definitely made me wonder if how I would manage to get everything done should it fail. I have been extremely fortunate that I have not had any problems so far.

I have been slow to modify the vehicle in some respects due to that.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great to hear. I'm a 21174 build so although every engine built around that date has a chance of having a bad valve, it's gives me some hope. I just crossed 1800 miles so I have a long way to go before I'll feel more comfortable. I'll let everyone know if mine explodes.
Well if it goes Pffft, yours will be the first 21174 here to blow. How many miles have you on your Big Bend? I don't see your millage on @VictoryLights 2.7 mileage tracker.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-many-miles-on-your-2-7.34994/

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally true.
The fear of dying should not prevent you from livingā€¦

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I wish I had never known about this.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People to Thank . . (and this post is overdue)

Here and there some people have thanked me for this thread, saying good job and so forth.
It's good to remember there are lots of people who make this thread work - people gathering info, articles & links, providing their well-informed posts, advice, networking, and on and on. To name a few, @bytheway, @Beach_Bum, @Bmadda, @North7, @faziorf, @ffdemoss, @Mean Red GT, @Snowdogyyz, @pakrat, @1975U15, @Carolina Jim, @Evolkidbell, @VictoryLights, @geoking, @JPye, @Snydermann, @SPITmadFIRE, and many other contributors, some who prefer to stay nameless. And the blown-engine survivors who share their info w B6g and often become active here. And authors in the press who bring more visibility & info, such as Justin Banner @ MotorTrend and Rob Stumpf @ The Drive. And @mpeugeot who began this idea/process of engine tracking and knows a lot more than I do about engines. And NHTSA who record many engine reports & letters and provide some oversight. And people running B6g who make this forum possible

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just passed 1800 miles. I got it back in early December and don't drive it much because I have a few other vehicles to rotate use on. I'm taking video of every trip I take in the Bronco now and am starting a video vlog series on my youtube channel called "Will it blow?" I hope I never have to call a tow truck on video.

Well if it goes Pffft, yours will be the first 21174 here to blow. How many miles have you on your Big Bend? I don't see your millage on @VictoryLights 2.7 mileage tracker.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-many-miles-on-your-2-7.34994/

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just passed 1800 miles. I got it back in early December and don't drive it much because I have a few other vehicles to rotate use on. I'm taking video of every trip I take in the Bronco now and am starting a video vlog series on my youtube channel called "Will it blow?" I hope I never have to call a tow truck on video.
Iā€™d like to see that. Can you post a link?
Sponsored