Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know why the link isn’t showing. It’s on FB.
Sponsored

HellstromX

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Grand Sport Corvette Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I am in the group it appears.

Build Date 21224
SEQ 120345
Current Mileage 3100

Looks like from @Lucchese list there are 4 on my production date and I am in the middle of that pack somewhere.

Only had a single event so far I chalked up to my driving. Pretty aggressive high speed turn onto a freeway (at about 1800 miles) that stalled my engine and left me limping to the side of the road with an engine warning light. No engine noises, etc.

Thought I was caught the in this mess. But I pulled to the side, stopped the engine, let it rest for a minute or so to see if I heard anything or smelled anything. All seemed fine, restarted, no lights, no engine issues. And no issues since. I drive decently aggressively as my kids love the kick of the turbo. Now at 3100 miles and no further issues or similar events.

Watching closely to be certain.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I am in the group it appears.

Build Date 21224
SEQ 120345
Current Mileage 3100

Looks like from @Lucchese list there are 4 on my production date and I am in the middle of that pack somewhere.

Only had a single event so far I chalked up to my driving. Pretty aggressive high speed turn onto a freeway (at about 1800 miles) that stalled my engine and left me limping to the side of the road with an engine warning light. No engine noises, etc.

Thought I was caught the in this mess. But I pulled to the side, stopped the engine, let it rest for a minute or so to see if I heard anything or smelled anything. All seemed fine, restarted, no lights, no engine issues. And no issues since. I drive decently aggressively as my kids love the kick of the turbo. Now at 3100 miles and no further issues or similar events.

Watching closely to be certain.

Nice !
Someone who really is driving it like they stole it. 😂

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just as an FYI…I was interviewed by a reporter on WDIV Channel 4 in Detroit about my Bronco. It was a short segment but at least news are covering the investigation. I wore my “Birds Aren’t Real Shirt,” too. Gotta represent.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just as an FYI…I was interviewed by a reporter on WDIV Channel 4 in Detroit about my Bronco. It was a short segment but at least news are covering the investigation. I wore my “Birds Aren’t Real Shirt,” too. Gotta represent.
alright, way to go ! !
is there someplace we can see it online ?

' Birds Aren't Real ' . . ? ? Wha ? ?
- and tinfoil hat too ?
:ROFLMAO:;)

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice job Kelly! This is starting to look a little embarrassing for Ford.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if I missed this article anywhere else on here, but I'm stunned after reading this article. If their sources are right this is a whole new level.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-bronco-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-engine-failures-explained-exclusive/

As some are already aware, part of the problem with these 2.7L powerplants is that they utilize cheaper, sub-optimal valves that were acquired from a new supplier that apparently didn’t properly validate those particular components. But in addition to the faulty valves, the Bronco’s version of the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost also utilizes a less than optimal oil pan design as well, which allows the oil pickup tube to become uncovered and suck in air, which in turn can destroy not only valves, but bearings as well, particularly during spirited or erratic driving when oil is sloshing around inside the powerplant.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this is a whole new level
WOW....so, any potential remedy might involve not only replacement of defective valves - but a redesigned oil pan as well.

No wonder Ford has elected to just stick their head in the sand!

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if I missed this article anywhere else on here, but I'm stunned after reading this article. If their sources are right this is a whole new level.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-bronco-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-engine-failures-explained-exclusive/

As some are already aware, part of the problem with these 2.7L powerplants is that they utilize cheaper, sub-optimal valves that were acquired from a new supplier that apparently didn’t properly validate those particular components. But in addition to the faulty valves, the Bronco’s version of the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost also utilizes a less than optimal oil pan design as well, which allows the oil pickup tube to become uncovered and suck in air, which in turn can destroy not only valves, but bearings as well, particularly during spirited or erratic driving when oil is sloshing around inside the powerplant.
This could be a reason that Ford wanted 7 qts. of oil in this 2.7 instead of 6 qts.... to try and keep from sucking air in the oil pan....

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeebus, further down!

" With a grand total of 32 Bronco owners filing complaints related to engine failure thus far, Ford noted in its NHTSA filing that 25,538 SUVs could ultimately be affected by this issue. So far, affected customers claim that their vehicles experienced a loss of power while driving at highway speeds, after which the Broncos would not restart due to catastrophic engine failure. "

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This could be a reason that Ford wanted 7 qts. of oil in this 2.7 instead of 6 qts.... to try and keep from sucking air in the oil pan....
And with the alleged faulty oil dip stick, it seems easy to only put in 6 qts.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeebus, further down!

" With a grand total of 32 Bronco owners filing complaints related to engine failure thus far, Ford noted in its NHTSA filing that 25,538 SUVs could ultimately be affected by this issue. So far, affected customers claim that their vehicles experienced a loss of power while driving at highway speeds, after which the Broncos would not restart due to catastrophic engine failure. "
some guesses around # of affected Broncos.
Let's let 2.7 be 50% of production.
Let's let issue start with 1st Bronco produced.

Thanks to another forum member, we see ~50k Broncos produced in 2021.
That would put the affected window as all 2021 Broncos.

Was there a change in 2022 oil pans? Could that be the AB engine?

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1654612927650
Sponsored