Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never been in a 4 door, size wise, is the backseats the same, just a larger cargo area?
Has anyone tried to mount the drivers seat back a little?
The back seats in a 2 door are narrower. You lose the arm rest in the center but gain large arm rests with cup holders on the outsides.

I love my 2 door but if you need to use the back seat often, it's probably not the best choice.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two door with 2.7 all the way for Bronco appeal. Better in the field, plenty of room for a long trip with the wife. Handling on the freeway seems great, turning radius like a go-kart and the big front door for a larger guy. Unless you have kids, the four door doesn't make any sense to me? I haven't had so much fun driving a car since I was sixteen. Only negative might be the gas tank. If the four door was the only option, I doubt I would have gone through the hassle to get one and probably have gone with the four runner.
We have three kids so seating for five is a must for a DD. I would have considered a 2dr if I was an empty nester or buying an “extra” vehicle.

Sure we could just pile into my wife’s CUV but I like bringing everyone to church in the Bronco.

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Bronco is your only vehicle, you have children, you have friends that you take with you, you like bigger vehicles, you don’t need the extra breakover clearance, and don’t care what other people think, go with the 4-door. I’m blessed to be in a position where I can have multiple vehicles. My wife and 3 daughters each have CR-Vs and I’ve got a crew-cab 3/4-ton pickup so we have people-movers and tow-vehicle covered. I like 2-dr manuals so I held out for buying a Bronco until I found my BL on a lot. But I also have a Jeep LJ Rubicon (really comes across as a caveman version of my BL but I need to sell it), an e36 M3 (need to sell), and a kit car (want to sell).

Anyway, buy what you want, not what others tell you that you “need”, unless you’re just looking at flipping it based on popular opinion…

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve owned a 2 dr and a 4 dr soft top SAS BD. 2 door is more nimble, u turns and parking is a breeze. Ride is the same. Wind noise was slightly quieter in the hard top. Road noise was significantly quieter in the hard top.
The 2-door more nimble handling is an underated advantage. When navigating traffic or a parking lot, fitting into a tight spot, etc ... "gee I'd like a longer vehicle for this" said no one ever.

In that regard my 81 inch wheelbase CJ-5 was a surprisingly good urban vehicle for maneuvering and shoehorning into tight Chicago parallel parking spots.

Sponsored

#1Broncogirl

Badlands
First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Broncos, F250, E350, D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being that I own a 2 door 2.7 Outer Banks, I'm curious how the 4 door drive compares. Wind noise, steering, braking, acceleration etc? Just curious. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
We own a 1977, a 2021 two door and a 2023 four door, both hard tops, both Badlands/Sasquatch. The ride is comparable. I can feel the size difference while driving. I prefer the 2 door over the 4 door for driving, I’m old school. The 4 door looks to much like a Jeep, the size and room for hauling people and gear is MUCH more convenient in the 4 door. Both are great foul weather vehicles, we live on a Forest Service road and drve a long distance to town in all kinds of weather and road condition. The 4 door is more stable due to longer wheel base. I would not attempt any actual rock crawling in either one they are way two nice I drive them as if the drive train is made of glass. We save our rock crawling for our actual Rock Crawler that is highly a modified D90.
I hope this helps!

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Obviously personal preference. I think I like a lot of people prefer the look of the 2-door.

If it’s your daily driver and you have a family obviously the 4-door is waaay more practical. If it’s a 2nd vehicle or you’re single then the 2-door is great.

I think the 2-door looks good either with the Sasquatch package or regular 32” or 33” tires as a great daily.
However I feel like the 4-door really NEEDS the Sasquatch or 35” tires to have the proper stance. Otherwise it looks like a big box on small tires.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We own a 1977, a 2021 two door and a 2023 four door, both hard tops, both Badlands/Sasquatch. The ride is comparable. I can feel the size difference while driving. I prefer the 2 door over the 4 door for driving, I’m old school. The 4 door looks to much like a Jeep, the size and room for hauling people and gear is MUCH more convenient in the 4 door. Both are great foul weather vehicles, we live on a Forest Service road and drve a long distance to town in all kinds of weather and road condition. The 4 door is more stable due to longer wheel base. I would not attempt any actual rock crawling in either one they are way two nice I drive them as if the drive train is made of glass. We save our rock crawling for our actual Rock Crawler that is highly a modified D90.
I hope this helps!
100% thank you
Sponsored