Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update 9/8/23:

He is sitting in jail as we speak, attempted murderer, Illegal firearm and shots fired. I will give a more detailed account of events once the police conclude their investigation. I will say this, I am lucky to be alive and it seems at this point I was targeted at random as part of a gang initiation.

Original post 9/7/23:

These trucks are REALLY tough! I will post pics and more details once the police have concluded their investigation but I can tell you it involved an armed road rager stalking me for several miles while I was on the phone with 911 and headed directly to the police station. I was hit at a glancing head on angle by a 4 door Tacoma and the Bronco saved my life. I was spun around 3 times and not only did the Bronco stay upright the front of the vehicle absorbed the majority of the impact (as it should) and spared me from injury other than some seatbelt bruising. I dropped this here to let you all know that the severity of the accident was extreme and you all should know you are rolling around in a very safe vehicle. The poor Taco took almost the identical impact and let's just say it did not fair nearly as well, but thank mercy there was no serious injuries. My black 2 door baby is a total loss. 😭 More details to come, but I will be back in Bronco game as soon as possible. Safe, well built trucks for sure.
Sponsored

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Holy moly! I assume the Tacoma was the road rager?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These trucks are REALLY tough! I will post pics and more details once the police have concluded their investigation but I can tell you it involved an armed road rager stalking me for several miles while I was on the phone with 911 and headed directly to the police station. I was hit at a glancing head on angle by a 4 door Tacoma and the Bronco saved my life. I was spun around 3 times and not only did the Bronco stay upright the front of the vehicle absorbed the majority of the impact (as it should) and spared me from injury other than some seatbelt bruising. I dropped this here to let you all know that the severity of the accident was extreme and you all should know you are rolling around in a very safe vehicle. The poor Taco took almost the identical impact and let's just say it did not fair nearly as well, but thank mercy there was no serious injuries. My black 2 door baby is a total loss. 😭 More details to come, but I will be back in Bronco game as soon as possible. Safe, well built trucks for sure.
Dam, that sucks...Glad you're okay

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People crazy here in FL. Glad you are ok, but sorry to see a 2 door go by the way. I'm biased. My advice (coming from the atty) if you have any pain or discomfort, at least go to a walk in clinic, report it and document it. You only have 14 days to seek care to get your PIP benefits. If it goes away, great. If not, at least you will have a claim open to treat on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

ZeoBandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to buy
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not doubting your story at all, but do have a question:

If the Taco was stalking you and you were on a phone with 911 and heading to a police station, how did the Taco and you hit at a glancing head on blow? Wouldn't the Taco be behind you?

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Glad you made it out safe! The order banks for MY24 are still open, just saying 😉

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2 Door Totaled. For What It's Worth [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] TisButA Scratch

Buff it out! Or wear it as a 'Badge of honor' LOL - glad all are OK.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So sad but glad you are ok.........Broncos are so hard to get- especially the 2 door. Yes lot of speeders and road rage here in FL. I was on a back road in mid FL recently and getting passed by multiple people doing 90-100. On the interstates I drive between 68 and 70 and I get passed like i am standing sill, people cruising at 90-100 and even more.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sad but glad you are ok.........Broncos are so hard to get- especially the 2 door. Yes lot of speeders and road rage here in FL. I was on a back road in mid FL recently and getting passed by multiple people doing 90-100. On the interstates I drive between 68 and 70 and I get passed like i am standing sill, people cruising at 90-100 and even more.
In February of 2020, with my second daughter due in July, I took a motorcycle ride from Tampa Bay to Mt Dora and then to Cedar Key. By the time I got to Cedar Key, I was considering trading my Harley for a C5 corvette instead because the drivers are crazy. I was terrified I'd be taken out before my second daughter came into the world and when I got home, I stopped riding except for locally in my town. Now that I'm in rural PA I'm riding again, though I also took out a nice life insurance policy on me, and 4 times as much on my wife in case we go together ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Anvilair1973

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not doubting your story at all, but do have a question:

If the Taco was stalking you and you were on a phone with 911 and heading to a police station, how did the Taco and you hit at a glancing head on blow? Wouldn't the Taco be behind you?
Blew past me then did a u turn and came at me ;)

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad youre ok. The Bronco has good reviews in crash protection and actually very high in the front corner impact testing.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only other wild, wild road rage incident I have ever had was also a Tacoma.

Hmm...

Glad you are ok!

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands