First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can someone with ForScan look at their unmodified AsBuilt APIM for the original “Navigation in Motion” value? APIM Module 7D0-03-01. I am unable to find my original value. I changed the first two numbers to “57” to allow navigation searches during motion and I’m troubleshooting to see if this change (which is great!) caused my electronic “Owners Manual” to be deleted from SYNC “Features” screen.
Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. I'm a dipshit and dove right in with an old OBD2 adapter that is not "recommended" (with the little switch on it).
I changed tire size and everything went OK. I added sport mode using plain language and now everything is whack with the ABS module. I said I'm a dipshit for a specific reason, I didn't back up. I do have my as built from Motorcraft, and I have a "recommended" cable arriving Tuesday. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can someone with ForScan look at their unmodified AsBuilt APIM for the original “Navigation in Motion” value? APIM Module 7D0-03-01. I am unable to find my original value. I changed the first two numbers to “57” to allow navigation searches during motion and I’m troubleshooting to see if this change (which is great!) caused my electronic “Owners Manual” to be deleted from SYNC “Features” screen.
tempImagemlRTIy.png

Pacdad

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks! It appears that the value that you have in APIM module 7D0-03-01 is 5553 140C 03A6… I will verify that my Bronco is the same except that the second digit has been changed to a “7” on my module.
Thanks again, hope I can return the favor sometime.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! It appears that the value that you have in APIM module 7D0-03-01 is 5553 140C 03A6… I will verify that my Bronco is the same except that the second digit has been changed to a “7” on my module.
Thanks again, hope I can return the favor sometime.
Did changing it back return the owner manual?

Sponsored

Pacdad

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update…the change from 5753 back to 5553 worked for restoring my digital “Owners Manual” to my SYNC “Features” tab. It also restored Ford Assistant voice. Thanks again.
Did changing it back return the owner manual?
Yes, this change (or reversion) seems to solve the few issues that I had. My digital Owners Manual is back on the Features tab of the SYNC screen and my voice assistant is “back”. The ability to change destinations in Navigation while in motion is very handy, which is what the change to the APIM module allowed, but the features lost with that change don’t make it “worth it” to me.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update…the change from 5753 back to 5553 worked for restoring my digital “Owners Manual” to my SYNC “Features” tab. It also restored Ford Assistant voice. Thanks again.

Yes, this change (or reversion) seems to solve the few issues that I had. My digital Owners Manual is back on the Features tab of the SYNC screen and my voice assistant is “back”. The ability to change destinations in Navigation while in motion is very handy, which is what the change to the APIM module allowed, but the features lost with that change don’t make it “worth it” to me.
Try 5653 and see if you get it all? 😜

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone with a 2022 Wildtrak tell me what the factory value (Off) is supposed to read for Rock Crawl mode? The computer i used to enable it on my Wildtrack crashed so i have lost my backup file. I have what seems to be a glitch where it won't go back to normal mode with the dial. The only way to get back to Normal mode (where you can see it exiting 4x4 on the screen) is to go to ECO, then Normal. Even then i'm not sure it even goes to Normal. Is there any way to get the complete map back for my VIN, or am i SOL?

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read somewhere on here (Bronco6g) that the dealer can provide a copy of the computer setting from when a Bronco left the factory. That they can do a full reset of the computer.

You might be able find out more on one of the Forscan threads.

Could someone who knows more about this than I verify what I said?

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I read somewhere on here (Bronco6g) that the dealer can provide a copy of the computer setting from when a Bronco left the factory. That they can do a full reset of the computer.

Yeah, been digging thru google. Hate to have to explain to the dealer. Hoping that changing the value back to what it was does the trick. Still trying to recover the computer so i can atleast reload the backup.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The As-built values the dealer can see change if you mess with forscan settings. So if your dealer looks up the values, it will show what you have changed it to, not the original ones.
That's why you should always save your factory settings before making any changes.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The As-built values the dealer can see change if you mess with forscan settings. So if your dealer looks up the values, it will show what you have changed it to, not the original ones.
That's why you should always save your factory settings before making any changes.
I see you have a 2022 Wildtrak. Have you added Rock Crawl?

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see you have a 2022 Wildtrak. Have your added Rock Crawl?
I have not. Rock crawl is basically just 4L with the rear locker engaged. It’s easy enough to just hit 4L and my switch for the locker without adding the mode. Maybe I will eventually though just to have it

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can get your As-Builts online

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/AsBuilt

I think, but can't confirm, that you can do it inside of FDRS as well (which would be how the dealer would probably be doing it).

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can get your As-Builts online

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/AsBuilt

I think, but can't confirm, that you can do it inside of FDRS as well (which would be how the dealer would probably be doing it).
Dealers have access to As-built values through PTS. But like I previously mentioned, the values we can see on PTS, and even the values on the Motorcraft website are NOT factory as-built if you have already made changes.
If changes were already made in forscan, then they will also change what the dealer sees in PTS and what is shown on the Motorcraft website.

Also, doing a PMI or anything else using FDRS will not reset the values to what they were from the factory.
Sponsored

Last edited: