Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully Ford will tweak the computer programming so trail control is more effective. Not a big deal if you have front and rear lockers but if you don't trail control needs to work as good as possible

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I may have it wrong but I thought trail control was just the off road cruise control / speed management? Not actually shifting power where it is needed? Do I have that wrong?

The crawl control does just that it will drive different wheels based off traction and it needed because no front locker available.

Seems like an apples to oranges comparison.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I may have it wrong but I thought trail control was just the off road cruise control / speed management? Not actually shifting power where it is needed? Do I have that wrong?

The crawl control does just that it will drive different wheels based off traction and it needed because no front locker available.

Apples to oranges would be comparing the Bronco trail control to the TDR headlights. It's definitely apples-to-apples, but Bronco has an apple and the 4Runner has an apple that comes with a machine gun.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford system does both- cruise control for the trail as well as brake locking to help with traction
https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/what-is-ford-trail-control

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What was all that racket in the Toyota while in trail control? I'm guessing there's nothing wrong, but wow, it sounds like it's coming apart.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What was all that racket in the Toyota while in trail control? I'm guessing there's nothing wrong, but wow, it sounds like it's coming apart.
It uses the ABS system...we have a 2017 TRD Pro and it is odd when it works and you can feel it through the pedals.

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It should be a video of a 4runner next to an empty spot in the dirt.

- or a video of a 4runner navigating the trail followed by someone pushing a printed out FORD apology letter over each obstacle.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was worried reading the comments until I watched. Odd way to test it out. Not sure I’d have ever attempted what he was trying. Bronco was impressive on the tow test as well.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was worried reading the comments until I watched. Odd way to test it out. Not sure I’d have ever attempted what he was trying. Bronco was impressive on the tow test as well.
Why was it an odd way to test it? The Bronco models that don't have lockers only have that system to get them through the tough spots.. That's what it's designed for.....

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should be more clear that when you hit the trail control button if equipped your Bronco will immediately go into one pedal drive where you only work your gas pedal and it activates the brakes for you. Alternatively you can hit the set + and set - buttons to activate the cruise control function where you only work the brake pedal. I used both extensively at the off-roadeo and only used cruise when the convoy was moving and I switched over to one pedal drive to tackle obstacles for a while. That being said more difficult obstacles I preferred left foot braking technique to the technology

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Toyoto’s crawl control effectively emulates front and rear lockers” compared to the Bronco’s “Trail control or whatever they call it”. That was dumb. Once they used the lockers the Bronco was fine. Not an apples to apples comparison at all.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Toyoto’s crawl control effectively emulates front and rear lockers” compared to the Bronco’s “Trail control or whatever they call it”. That was dumb. Once they used the lockers the Bronco was fine. Not an apples to apples comparison at all.
What are you talking about? The Toyota made the climb with out lockers. The Bronco could not. Both had their version of trail control turned on. That was apples to apples.
Now he could have found a harder obstacle and did lockers vs lockers if he had of wanted to and that would also have been an equal comparison though I think the Bronco has a front locker and the 4Runner doesn't

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you talking about? The Toyota made the climb with out lockers. The Bronco could not. Both had their version of trail control turned on. That was apples to apples.
Now he could have found a harder obstacle and did lockers vs lockers if he had of wanted to and that would also have been an equal comparison though I think the Bronco has a front locker and the 4Runner doesn't
Whatever, drink your TRD koolaid.
Sponsored