Andy6GRealG

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Clubs

Did Ford actually ever say Bronco would be x-plan? I believe, they said it was not a special model and we just assumed that meant x-plan.
Absolutely directly from their communications director on Twitter. Not to mention every dealership was stated we’re taking it. It was accidentally leaked that they were pulling it eligibility. They weren’t going to share it until after B&P came out to set the hook just Enough to ensure people didn’t cancel because of that. There’s a huge thread on it on the forum and other members posted the remarks from twitter
of Mr. Levine’s. That’s why so many people were pissed.

Advertisement

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade
I feel me moving up in line!! #yayforthat
You sure are. I went from a first edition to a MY22 bc I just wasn’t getting everything I wanted for 61k plus taxes. Now it’s up another 2k if I needed to buy a new hard top. Ridiculous. I will wait and get exactly what I want.

55E2BDB8-CD47-4EF8-ACEB-13FA0EDA80FB.jpeg

Last edited:

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
I reserved a bronco today, so glad that I waited. I really feel for the MY21 guys. I hope that Ford gets on the ball and makes things right for them. You committed to Ford early they should respect that.

Major_Bullsteak

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Clubs

September 18th and later reservations are 2022 models. We all order at the same time. Not sure MY22 stuff will be known for a while. Well, besides all the MY21 stuff they couldn’t deliver on. 😂
What makes any of us think that what they are saying/promising in MY22 is actually going to be available in MY22? I never could have guessed that Ford could not deliver a simple painted hard top in the year that this vehicle launches, after years of planning it.

Major_Bullsteak

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Clubs

I think a lot of people are forgetting the biggest piece of all of this.... aftermarket.

Make the Bronco into whatever you want.
I don't disagree with you for the most part as I'm looking forward to doing just that. However, if I'm ordering a vehicle, irregardless of price (which is a lot for this vehicle mind you) I want it to be what I want it to be. And I want a gloss black hard top with matching grill and mirrors, as advertised on the Ford website, when driving off the lot and not having to move to the back (or middle of the pack) of reservation holders to get it.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside 5.0
Clubs

I don't disagree with you for the most part. However, if I'm ordering a vehicle, irregardless of price (which is a lot for this vehicle mind you) I want it to be what I want it to be. And I want a gloss black hard top with matching grill and mirrors, as advertised on the Ford website, when driving off the lot and not having to move to the back (or middle of the pack) of reservation holders.
I agree hold heartedly. I'm going to have skin in the game so I definitely want to get what I want.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
What makes any of us think that what they are saying/promising in MY22 is actually going to be available in MY22? I never could have guessed that Ford could not deliver a simple painted hard top in the year that this vehicle launches, after years of planning it.
So Ford clustered on the new Explorer launch last year -- lot of internal issues on that one -- now we have new CEO with mantra of "customer first". Hoping that he's getting the message from the vocal minority of B6G (who I believe are a good proxy for the Bronco world) and that they take all the issues and fix them in due time. I am sure the response has been overwhelming and some of the reactions maybe is surprising to them based on whatever they used as market research to come up with the trims/options/colors/materials. If you do the math on 190k reservations and assume 70% keep them -- you're at 133k --- and then 40% drop out cause they want the GREAT WHITE ROOF -- you're at 80k reservations for 21my --- with production capacity of 175k (guess) -- you get 95k leftover for dealer allocations (or ONLY about 25-30 units per dealer to sell off the lot). Assuming approx. 3500 dealers. So it's going to take patience for Ford to plan and react to what customers really want. Feeling like should put in a reservation to get in the supposed 22MY line. Can't hurt!

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
So Ford clustered on the new Explorer launch last year -- lot of internal issues on that one -- now we have new CEO with mantra of "customer first". Hoping that he's getting the message from the vocal minority of B6G (who I believe are a good proxy for the Bronco world) and that they take all the issues and fix them in due time. I am sure the response has been overwhelming and some of the reactions maybe is surprising to them based on whatever they used as market research to come up with the trims/options/colors/materials. If you do the math on 190k reservations and assume 70% keep them -- you're at 133k --- and then 40% drop out cause they want the GREAT WHITE ROOF -- you're at 80k reservations for 21my --- with production capacity of 175k (guess) -- you get 95k leftover for dealer allocations (or ONLY about 25-30 units per dealer to sell off the lot). Assuming approx. 3500 dealers. So it's going to take patience for Ford to plan and react to what customers really want. Feeling like should put in a reservation to get in the supposed 22MY line. Can't hurt!
I've heard from people who supposedly work or used to work at GM or Ford that for a first model year they should only be able to build a maximum of 80k more likely 50-60k units for the MY21. I think I also heard that we have 235k reservation and they expect a 40-50% dropout for various reasons. I assume this is why they now say any reservations placed after Sept 18 are expected to get a MY22...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
Clubs

Did Ford actually ever say Bronco would be x-plan? I believe, they said it was not a special model and we just assumed that meant x-plan.
Yes - Levine said X-Plan for all but FE on twitter and even volunteered to help some guy get eligible for x-plan.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
Clubs

So here is an interesting conundrum, I think I prefer to wait for a white top in 2022. (And hopefully a 2.7 manual or other more flexibility on options too.)

My reservation is day 2, is there a way for me to sit on my reservation until it is in the 2022 model year and order those options?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Clubs

I am thinking of doing the same thing in light of the black top push back.
I'm a second day reservation holder, but I think I am going to wait for 2022 model and go Granger and save a few bucks.
I can’t wait to drive the 395 in my Bronco ;)

do I want it in June or December is the question. Getting everything I can afford in MY21. So all the 2022 stuff would be nice but I can add later as budget allows.
That’s my thought so far ! Could change ;)

395N

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL 2DR incoming..
Clubs

I can’t wait to drive the 395 in my Bronco ;)

do I want it in June or December is the question. Getting everything I can afford in MY21. So all the 2022 stuff would be nice but I can add later as budget allows.
That’s my thought so far ! Could change ;)
Good catch! :) The real magic starts when you exit off the 395 to all the off roading gems and remote lake camping areas.

Paint work I want done from the factory. That's the main reason I'm pushing it out.
Bolt on stuff I'll do myself.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Clubs

Good catch! :) The real magic starts when you exit off the 395 to all the off roading gems and remote lake camping areas.

Paint work I want done from the factory. That's the main reason I'm pushing it out.
Bolt on stuff I'll do myself.
That is exactly why I’m getting a bronco!

Advertisement

Advertisement