First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it’s shifting out of low into high without indicating it due to excessive speed beyond parameters of low?
could be true on some of the down hills, however if I didn’t hit the brake it would have keep accelerating without my foot on the gas.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
could be true on some of the down hills, however if I didn’t hit the brake it would have keep accelerating without my foot on the gas.
Dealership stat, have fun replicating it with them, best of luck.

Crzr45

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj60,BJ73 Landcruiser’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It stays in 4l. I think it’s the rpm trying to match and stay the same when up shifts or downshifts as I recall. Definitely noticeable. Had my buddy drive and he said that it was weird for it to do it when it did it. Definitely a program issue but I’ll live with it as I don’t want dealer trying to reinvent the computer program and mess anything up.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

its upshifting, the gearing is so low that it accelerates without needing additional throttle. use manual mode and keep it in first gear or out of first so you don't have the lurching forward.

OP
OP
Charles Miller

Charles Miller

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its upshifting, the gearing is so low that it accelerates without needing additional throttle. use manual mode and keep it in first gear or out of first so you don't have the lurching forward.
good advice

Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored
OP
OP
Charles Miller

Charles Miller

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It stays in 4l. I think it’s the rpm trying to match and stay the same when up shifts or downshifts as I recall. Definitely noticeable. Had my buddy drive and he said that it was weird for it to do it when it did it. Definitely a program issue but I’ll live with it as I don’t want dealer trying to reinvent the computer program and mess anything up.
so true.

Mikerkelly

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing here. Spent a day on the trails after some heavy rain so kept it low speed in 4L all day. This happened probably 2 or 3 times. It's definitely a transmission shift. I like the advice from @Strizzo to keep it in manual mode when in 4L, that's probably what I will do, but people should be aware of this, it can be very jolting and could possibly get you into a precarious situation.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take it out of 4 Lo unless you need the extra gearing for rock crawling, use 4A for dirt trails that way the system can engage when needed. Most dirt trails can get by with just 2wd.
Regardless of if he should have been in 4 lo or not it still doesn't address the issue at hand which is why vehicle seems to be accelerating dramatically.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of if he should have been in 4 lo or not it still doesn't address the issue at hand which is why vehicle seems to be accelerating dramatically.
There is no issue, this is how vehicles act in 4Lo, they accelerate on their own because of the gear reduction, both of my Jeeps did it and you just have to know that when you let off the brake the car is moving more than it will when in 2wd and the transmission will shift if left in auto. If this explanation and the one from others isn’t good enough to make the OP feel safe then he needs to take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Charles Miller

Charles Miller

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no issue, this is how vehicles act in 4Lo, they accelerate on their own because of the gear reduction, both of my Jeeps did it and you just have to know that when you let off the brake the car is moving more than it will when in 2wd and the transmission will shift if left in auto. If this explanation and the one from others isn’t good enough to make the OP feel safe then he needs to take it to the dealer and have them check it out.
Never had the trouble in 4H. So, I think it's 4L and traveling too fast down hill. I'm going to try 4A next time. Thank you.

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had this happen to me in 4L while off road too. I was usually ready to hit the brakes right away so it only ever just lurched forward suddenly and unexpectedly. I was never sure if it was something I was doing wrong though 🤔

Reactions: Cat

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Switch to a manual... Err manual mode 🙃 , on a trail ride several newbies had the same issue with the tranny shifting up on them, going through the gears in 4L and the leader came on and told them to switch to manual mode.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello friends,

My 2023 Bronco Badlands accelerates dangerously while in four-wheel-drive low. The transmission appears to be in first gear, then suddenly and dangerously surges forward and begins to accelerate. I then have to hit the brakes before hitting the vehicle in front of me. Yesterday it happen 10+ times, without any warning.

Charles Miller
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
VIN: 1FMEE5DP9PLA86165
[email protected]
Frontier Ford, Santa Clara Ca
I think I know what you are experiencing. When I was in Moab for the Bronco Safari mine would do the same thing when slowing down usually going down an incline, always in 4-Low. I believe it is down shifting from 2nd to 1st and it applies too much throttle during the downshift, and it would do it even with my foot already on the brake. One time when I had space I intentionally let it roll out its acceleration and it did come to a stop on its own, so its not a full run-away sort of acceleration. It did this to me dozens of times just like as you described. I think it is a dangerous flaw in the transmission programming that Ford needs to adjust asap.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take it out of 4 Lo unless you need the extra gearing for rock crawling, use 4A for dirt trails that way the system can engage when needed. Most dirt trails can get by with just 2wd.
It still shouldn't just accelerate.
Sponsored