Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Bro pickup is fugly.
I saw a jeep pickup yesterday on the road...fugly
Bronco needs to focus on Broncos, and by that i mean the full size 2. door. This whole trying to do everything and please everyone is what's going to kill the idea of what a bronco is. What's next, a minivan bronco? Oh wait, i guess they already are making a 4 door...
Ridiculous. Keep the Bronco and keep the Ranger. That bronco pickup, while it is an interesting idea, is not a very good one.
The jeep pick up is atrocious and i just laugh whenever i see one

For over 30 years, when you said the name Bronco, people knew you were taking about a short wheelbase 2 door capable 4x4. It was very specific to one line. That specificity is what grew the bronco name and created nostalgia for the brand. I think throwing in other vehicles is going to kill what bronco means to people. It's going to be watered down and flavorless, eventually it will lose its meaning. Even now, people cannot tell the difference between a bronco and a bronco sport...shameful.
I agree to the extent of keeping the purebred idea of the Bronco, but the 4 door is a good idea. Jeeps haven't been hurt by that addition and it's not just popular, but gives folks a good option for overland or weekend trail trucks. If you want a crawler or KoH vic, go 2 door. I love em. But in a few years I'll likely get a 4 door because I've got a '69 Bronco and an '11 Raptor. The back seat is gone from the Bronco and the Raptor is just too big sometimes. That 4 door will be a nice middle ground for a trail rig with kids.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That Bro pickup is fugly.
I saw a jeep pickup yesterday on the road...fugly
Bronco needs to focus on Broncos, and by that i mean the full size 2. door. This whole trying to do everything and please everyone is what's going to kill the idea of what a bronco is. What's next, a minivan bronco? Oh wait, i guess they already are making a 4 door...
Ridiculous. Keep the Bronco and keep the Ranger. That bronco pickup, while it is an interesting idea, is not a very good one.
The jeep pick up is atrocious and i just laugh whenever i see one

For over 30 years, when you said the name Bronco, people knew you were taking about a short wheelbase 2 door capable 4x4. It was very specific to one line. That specificity is what grew the bronco name and created nostalgia for the brand. I think throwing in other vehicles is going to kill what bronco means to people. It's going to be watered down and flavorless, eventually it will lose its meaning. Even now, people cannot tell the difference between a bronco and a bronco sport...shameful.
I can't believe this needs to be said out loud to adults, but someone else liking or doing something different than you does not lessen your own experience unless you actively make it that way yourself. It's okay for you to like 2-doors only and for others to like 4-doors and pickup variants. If you don't like them liking that it's on you, not on them.

wigid

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Patrol
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what if the Bronco became a separate brand from ford, like the jeep is to chrysler? then there would be a spot for the pickup.
Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco Pickup Rendering oz4wd bronco

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First of all....the Gladiator is ugly as hell
Oh my lord please no not again. Everything you are about to say has already been covered in this and other threads on the Bronco Pickup forum. Multiple times.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what if the Bronco became a separate brand from ford, like the jeep is to chrysler? then there would be a spot for the pickup.
oz4wd bronco.jpg
It would like it better as a 2 door. For me, I like two doors, that's all. If you like four doors that's great. I just want a 2 door version.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would like it better as a 2 door. For me, I like two doors, that's all. If you like four doors that's great. I just want a 2 door version.
I hear yah. I'm sick of these crew cab with tiny bed pickups. Give me a 2 door regular cab with bench seat and at the least a 6 foot bed that I could put a slide in camper in for fishing trips to the UP.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just like the Gladiator it takes the best feature for an off-road vehicle and the best feature of a truck and ruins them. Makes it too long for tight off-road situations and the bed is really useless for actual hauling. At least the wheelbase on the renditions look way better than the actual Gladiator.

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't confuse the suv market with the pickup truck market as they traditionally serve very different purposes.

I have no interest in a Maverick as it would be extremely useless for my needs. My mother had an original Maverick in the early 70's for less than a year which was defective. She swapped it for a '73 Bronco.

The truth is if manufactures still made compact trucks people would still be buying them. I didn't say they would sell as many as family haulers but there is still a market for them.

The big three auto manufacturers would have folded if they where forced to make light trucks as fuel efficient as their passengers vehicles. Ask yourself why they have stopped making family sedans. Its not because no one was buying them. Its much easier, less competitive, and more profitable for the manufactures in North America to make larger light trucks and suv's. What we are seeing today is a morphing of the family sedan and the pickup truck. Many people justify such a vehicle as a jack of all trades transportation vehicle but it really doesn't perform any single task as good as the originals. So buy one if you are willing to accept the trade offs, which many people are, or one could say, many people are forced to due to lack of choice. Proof of this is the Ford SportTrac, part suv, part pickup. It didn't sell well due to other vehicles on the markets that performed their intended task better. If Ford comes out with a Bronco pickup, it will most certainly be a crew cab with a tiny limited use bed. They won't offer a single cab short bed option as it would sell and negatively offset CAFE penalties.

We as consumers are really not much better off regarding fuel economy of the vehicles we drive today. My '94 Chevy S10 ZR2 4x4 averages 22 mpg on the highway with a 4.3 liter V6 in part because it is small. In 27 years, one would think that we'd be a little farther ahead in the few economy game but we really aren't.

The bigger the footprint of the vehicle the less manufactures are punished by the CAFE regulations, especially if it's a "light truck". Read the attached article back from 2012 and you will learn the real story of why all we see on the car lots these days are crew cab pickups with tiny beds.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/
I've heard about this, and can see the sense in how this happened. I also wonder if laws for putting car seats for babies and kids in the back has anything to do with it. In Yuma, where I grew up, small 2 door short bed trucks were extremely popular and cheap. They were easy to modify into capable wheelers too. I actually think these things are going to hold serious value in the future if you have one. I was trying to see if you could build a regular short bed cab anywhere anymore the other day -and after a long search, I found that you can. You can build a 2021 Ram 1500 classic with a regular cab and 6'4" box. I know it's not the type of compact truck you are talking about , but it's about as close as you're gonna get to what you want. It's definitely not something featured and is kinda tucked away in there. It is nice that you can still get one like this and put a hemi V8 in it. A bit of fun to start with for just over 30 grand.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've heard about this, and can see the sense in how this happened. I also wonder if laws for putting car seats for babies and kids in the back has anything to do with it. In Yuma, where I grew up, small 2 door short bed trucks were extremely popular and cheap. They were easy to modify into capable wheelers too. I actually think these things are going to hold serious value in the future if you have one. I was trying to see if you could build a regular short bed cab anywhere anymore the other day -and after a long search, I found that you can. You can build a 2021 Ram 1500 classic with a regular cab and 6'4" box. I know it's not the type of compact truck you are talking about , but it's about as close as you're gonna get to what you want. It's definitely not something featured and is kinda tucked away in there. It is nice that you can still get one like this and put a hemi V8 in it. A bit of fun to start with for just over 30 grand.
Ford still sells the F150 in a regular cab short bed configuration in North America as well or a base price of $28,940. GM still builds a regular cab short bed Silverado in U.S. factories for the South American and overseas markets but not the North American market.
Sponsored