First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any good seat covers for those of us who don't dig MGV? Just looking to do the front seats. No one is ever going to sit in the back.

I used my points to buy the Carhart brand seat covers from my ford dealer. I was ready to sell my BD. I've never had MGV seats before and they are horrible in the summer. Nothing like driving 2 hours to the beach and sweating the whole time! I put the carharts on last month. They fit ok...good enough for me and have totally eliminated the mgv heat issue. I was even still using the seat heaters and they were just as hot. I was afraid to try the neoprene as I figured it would be just as bad as the MGV.
Sponsored

ghost1986

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well thats unfortunate. Id pick cloth over the marine grade seats for sure.

Just continuous set backs for me for a base 2 door.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well thats unfortunate. Id pick cloth over the marine grade seats for sure.

Just continuous set backs for me for a base 2 door.
Get used to it. Ford somehow got the alchemy right on the bronco in spite of their ineptness on pretty much everything else (including manufacture, quality control, delivery, dealer honesty, etc). It’s gross and feels weird to be pumping money into a company that’s so clearly off the rails, but when the bronco is working right it’s borderline magical.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have an Outer Banks w/ mod bumper with a Built Date of 5/6 … If it shows up with a plastic front skid plate, I can and should have my dealer submit a misbuild request, right?
Yes. If your window sticker shows the HD Modular Bumper with front steel bash plate and receive the new plastic skid, the dealer can submit a misbuild ticket. It is no guarantee that it gets resolved. Some have had success as the new plastic skid has showed up on early builds this year. Some have had no luck getting it resolved.

I thought power seats came with the leather package? so with leather standard on outer banks shouldn't power seats come with?
The 2-dr leather seat option (now standard for Job2) never had power controls. I presume the 4-dr leather power seats are unchanged.

so the Black Diamond has now been made irrelevant to order over the Big Bend?
I think there is still value over the BB by ordering the BD. While some options can be added to the BB, there are others that aren't available. The BB gets P-rated Dueler tires compared to the E-rated Grabbers. 4.27 gearing compared to the 4.46 gearing. BB can't option a rear steel bumper and must option the HD modular bumper to get steel up front with the new plastic skid wheras the BD has steel bumpers front/rear standard. The BD comes with full steel bash plates and rock rails.

Last edited:

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can I get a price adjustment on the $2200 I paid to get leather in my 22 OBX, Costco-style? Do I need my original receipt?

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can I get a price adjustment on the $2200 I paid to get leather in my 22 OBX, Costco-style? Do I need my original receipt?
My thoughts too ... I haven't gotten my rig yet, but I did order and pay an additional 2k for the leather.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sure they just increased the base price to cover the difference.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No cloth seats. That’s wild!

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Am I the only one who remembers cloth being a big upgrade over vinyl in the old days? I know I’m totally in the minority here but it just feels like Ford is pulling a fast one talking up vinyl seat covers. Marine grade or not it’s still vinyl. I totally get the draw for those getting muddy, sandy or eat a lot of baguettes or cheez-it’s but for my world give me cloth.

I’ll be looking to trade for cloth if I ever get my BB.

jrpj16

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Online tracker says mgv but sticker says cloth. In production now. What did I get?!

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the sticker says cloth then better than 99% odds it is cloth.
Kind of a bummer, was hoping to get MGV but had a blend of 5/15 and it’s been stuck in production. I’m sure there will be a number of people doing swaps on here with each other.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one who remembers cloth being a big upgrade over vinyl in the old days? I know I’m totally in the minority here but it just feels like Ford is pulling a fast one talking up vinyl seat covers. Marine grade or not it’s still vinyl. I totally get the draw for those getting muddy, sandy or eat a lot of baguettes or cheez-it’s but for my world give me cloth.

I’ll be looking to trade for cloth if I ever get my BB.
Many of us remember when vinyl was standard with cloth as an upgrade in older vehicles. But the vinyl back then isn't comparable to the MGV in the Bronco. I have both the MGV in the Black Diamond and the cloth in the OBX. Likely due to fitment, but the seats feel firmer with regards to the seat/back bolsters on the MGV seat vs. the cloth. I live in the lower latitudes with oppressive humidity for half the year and the MGV is preferred. I'm used to riding with a towel due to my namesake.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a feeling all of the MGV haters have not actually taken the time to look at the MGV seats IRL. All of the people who see mine have to be convinced they aren't leather. It gets pretty damn muggy in GA and I'd still choose MGV over the cloth.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This pretty much kills the need for a black diamond trim. You can get a BB with signature headlights, Rear Locking Diff (or SAS)and MGV/Washout. Just slap some aftermarket bash plates on and new wheels. Tires and your are GTG.
Sponsored