Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I just looked at my window sticker and it shows: AM/FM,7 SPKRS,SDARS. I guess I still have the subwoofer.
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 23 was offered as a 7 speaker system and must have a grill for the sub so the delete should include the cost of the grill panel is all I am pointing out.
No it shouldn't because you dont get two panels when it comes with a sub. They aren't taking a panel away. A better argument would be a credit for any price delta between the two panels.

IMO those who are affected by the mandatory delete should be credited for the sub speaker/enclosure, amp and wiring harness. That certainly is more than $250.

Maybe also more reward points for pain and suffering having to listen to music through the base system without a sub.

jonboy1225

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A long list of 3 pedalers, and various tow trucks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aw boooo! The one perk of getting pushed to '23 was the base stereo getting a sub. Lost my '21 AMB color choice, now this. I just want a partially built base in primer, with no interior and a functional drivetrain at this point haha

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
No it shouldn't because you dont get two panels when it comes with a sub. They aren't taking a panel away. A better argument would be a credit for any price delta between the two panels.

IMO those who are affected by the mandatory delete should be credited for the sub speaker/enclosure, amp and wiring harness. That certainly is more than $250.

Maybe also more reward points for pain and suffering having to listen to music through the base system without a sub.
I see your point and in the end it is just a shame ford is deleting anything that could potentially help a weak sound system. pain and suffering deserve something.

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think Ford is giving us a vote on the matter. As for those with the standard system it's not like we had it to miss it but the B&O folk might be a bit miffed.

Between this, possible NAV and heated mirror delete I guess I'll have a true HE by the time it gets delivered!
Not miffed but my B&O subwoofer is rattling like a SOB! I have an appointment to take it in to hopefully get fixed under warranty. My expectations are low and I bet they'll come up with some excuse to not fix it. Also have a very annoying whistle in cold temps coming from the roof on the passengers side. Fun vehicle but my god a lot of noise coming from this beast!

Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What a genius move by Ford. Rectify a known complaint by adding a subwoofer to the low quality audio system, which nobody expected them to do, then rip it away after people get excited for it lol.

These guys are playing a masterclass on how to disappoint and anger customers, I'm actually in shock the rollout has been this poor, supply chain issues or not.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Authority saying another "strip down" package is mandatory, before we know for sure what Ford really will do...

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed OIP

Let it play out before you lose your mind...

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Authority saying another "strip down" package is mandatory, before we know for sure what Ford really will do...

Ford Bronco 2023MY Standard Audio (6-speaker) Subwoofer Delete Mandatory and Functional Amps Removed OIP

Let it play out before you lose your mind...
This is the Internet. Only the quick to judge and angry have a voice :D

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the wiring is there. I have TheKim's take-off B&O set waiting in my garage. There was a thread about this last night that got nuked.

WTFitsBroncoJ

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I just looked at my window sticker and it shows: AM/FM,7 SPKRS,SDARS. I guess I still have the subwoofer.
My Bronco was built on 12/8 and the above is what my window sticker has as well.

The backdoor link and Ford's vehicle order tracking website show "AM/FM Audio with Seven (7) Speakers, including Subwoofer" so I assume that is what I will get. However, you just never know with Ford. Just one more thing to worry about while waiting on delivery, I guess. 😬

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same. Has anyone with this on their sticker taken delivery recently? Wonder if Ford will stop installing for those with a sticker already?

11B54315-BEA5-4B28-AF50-347664D53837.jpeg

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco was built on 12/8 and the above is what my window sticker has as well.

The backdoor link and Ford's vehicle order tracking website show "AM/FM Audio with Seven (7) Speakers, including Subwoofer" so I assume that is what I will get. However, you just never know with Ford. Just one more thing to worry about while waiting on delivery, I guess. 😬
im in the same boat, i havent taken delivery of my 11/21 build yet(delivery pushed back for third time and "Damage Found" in my dealers tracker last week), and i have literally ordered everything to upgrade the entire stereo except the 'plugnplay harness because i dont know what stereo will be showing up. ive been super patient and will continue to be because ive been dreaming of this vehicle since the very first "concept" but its frustrating.

Has anyone actually confirmed with their 2023 that they indeed did get the 7 Speaker system or not? Or at least that the wiring for the sub and amp are there?

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated original post with dealer notification and customer letter. If your window sticker doesnt list a $250 deduct for the 6 speaker system under options you should be good. This must be for future scheduled orders.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated original post with dealer notification and customer letter. If your window sticker doesnt list a $250 deduct for the 6 speaker system under options you should be good. This must be for future scheduled orders.
So the way the document reads is that there is a subwoofer but it is non functioning most likely due to the missing amp or amp circuit? That would be much better as you would still have the enclosure.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base system prior to 2023 was sorely lacking above and beyond a sub. If you care about music i'd budget in upgrades. even just straight swapping for better speakers makes a ton of difference.
Sponsored