Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone in NE OHIO that needs help with any of this I am available.

I did the Fusion amp, Kicker 6.75 swap. Installed the rear SSV pods along with kick panel and dash replacement speakers. I have Forscan and was able to make the speaker changes. I even added Sport Mode to my Badlands and turned off some chimes.

I am retired. I have plenty of time and do not want paid. You have to come to me though. I'm not that charitable.
Sponsored

CMann

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Base, Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys are amazing and have made this (almost) idiot proof, but as the king of idiots let me offer invaluable advice to those about to undertake this project. Before you spend hours trying to download forscan, load drivers etc and keep your wife up until 3AM trying every single suggested combination and still not get the freaking ford fusion amp/subwoofer to work MAKE SURE YOU PLUG THE AMP IN!!! Taking the panel off (again) to check to power (thinking the amp was bad) and seeing the dangling plug was horrible. Telling my wife why we stayed up late for my mistakeā€¦.scary! Works fantastic when plugged in.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If youā€™re willing to do the forscan, removing the side panel and plugging in the fusion amp to a kicker 6.75ā€ sub is pretty easy. Not sure what a shop would charge.

I did it last weekend and it absolutely makes a difference the problem is I know it can be better and now Iā€™ve got the upgrade bugā€¦..
I totally agree. I was most intimidated by trying Forscan for the first timeā€¦.it was simpler than I thought. Now Iā€™m on to
You guys are amazing and have made this (almost) idiot proof, but as the king of idiots let me offer invaluable advice to those about to undertake this project. Before you spend hours trying to download forscan, load drivers etc and keep your wife up until 3AM trying every single suggested combination and still not get the freaking ford fusion amp/subwoofer to work MAKE SURE YOU PLUG THE AMP IN!!! Taking the panel off (again) to check to power (thinking the amp was bad) and seeing the dangling plug was horrible. Telling my wife why we stayed up late for my mistakeā€¦.scary! Works fantastic when plugged in.
it takes a real man to come forward and admit your mistake. Welcome to the club.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quick update, I got everything installed last night, ā€˜23 2 door Base with sub delete.

Installed 4ā€ Infinityā€™s in dash and pods. 4ohm 6.75 kicker and fusion sub.

I tried with and without 150 hz bass blockers in dash, with Forscan settings of speaker/tweeter and just speaker. To be honest I couldnā€™t really tell much difference between them. Using Ace of Base ā€œall that she wantsā€ as reference they all sounded great.

So I just left it in the last configuration I tried which is no bass blockers and dash/kick set to speaker (not speaker tweeter)

Pods I set to speaker/sub also with no bass blockers. Turned off EQ.

I had some extra foam pad scraps lying around that I had cut up for another project so stuffed it in the port. So not really sealed but not really vented either.

I usually have just stock sound systems, with the Rockford Fosgate in my Xterra Pro4x probably the best, so Iā€™m not an audiophile by any means and easily impressed. I also donā€™t listen to very challenging music.. so with those caveats I will say this set up rocks my 2-door.

Those little infinityā€™s pack a punch and seem to be able to handle whatever range the head unit is sending. Couldnt be happier.

With the adapters that Crutchfield included It was all plug and play. I didnā€™t even have to take the side panel all the way off, just the rear clips and I was able to reach in and undo the 4 bolts and slide the sub/amp housing out.

I also didnt strip the end of the wires that go into sub. I just cut the flat part off and left the little round crimp part as is. It fits into the little round holes of the kicker perfect so there was plenty of length to plug it in.

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands, 76 Bronco, 95 Bronco (SOLD)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well this is interesting. This thread has a pic of a sub and amp from a Raptor and the sticker shows 2x2 ohm, not 4.
I assume that's the same amp and sub that we hd deleted? @Pressurized thoughts?
***EDIT: More I read, 2 or 4 should work - just different sound. 4 sounded much better to me.

It's stopped distorting again šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. About has to be my amp.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...plifier-or-stereo-receiver.57227/post-1645272
The factory sub is 2x2ohmā€¦. And while the Fusion amp has the same part number, it is multiple revisions older than the Bronco amp. What is different or changed in those revisions? No idea.

Itā€™s widely accepted that the Kicker 4 ohm sounds better than the 2 ohm in our application. Impedance is dynamic and it changes with frequency, so itā€™s not necessarily a surprise that we like the 4 ohm better. In my opinion, it just matches the amp better. Although, the 4 ohm sub is reducing the power output of the amp.

In premium home audio applications, this happens too. You can pair a $5000 amp with $10,000 pair of speakers and not get the outcome you expect. Swap in a different amp and itā€™s glorious.

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, here's the reply from kicker (and sound clip I sent them below)

Yeah thatā€™s no good! It sounds like the amp is causing the woofer to almost unload itself. Here is a option that I have seen a lot of bronco owners use and love it.

https://hoelwiring.com/products/kicker-key500-1-plug-play-harness?_pos=4&_sid=2cbb3d08b&_ss=r

https://www.kicker.com/key-5001-1-channel-smart-amplifier

The Clip:

Wow... Definitely not getting anything like that on mine. I suggest you pull all of the panels and run it and see what it sounds like. Some of that sounded like trim panel vibration too...

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that sounds a lot like panels rattling/touching and port noise from the port not being sealed up. I agree with pulling the panels and listening, as well as stuffing an old dish towel or something into the port to seal it up and listening.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah that sounds a lot like panels rattling/touching and port noise from the port not being sealed up. I agree with pulling the panels and listening, as well as stuffing an old dish towel or something into the port to seal it up and listening.
I didn't seal my port because I was planning to run the Tang Band sub which is designed for a ported enclosure... Turns out it's about 2MM to big to fit and I didn't want to trim the enclosure. If I trim, I'm going up to an 8" and that opens many doors...

But, if the enclosure were sealed, that would put a fair amount of Z-Max resistance on the woofer and should keep it from reaching full travel so easily (if that's what is happening).

So I agree with you... Pull the panels, seal the port and give it a try.

Sponsored

Bronccat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks y'all - I sure hope it's that simple.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Duvel

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone is still looking, Crutchfield has a supply of Kicker Key 200.4 in stock.
(Never mind, apparently they are already sold out)

Last edited:

TomTucker

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ah, yesā€¦. He added a passive bass blocker at 150hz (thatā€™s too low in my opinion for a 4ā€) then bypassed the electronic bass blocker by sending full range to the rears.

The fronts are wired in parallel, so both kick panels and dash see the same signal. Thatā€™s why we add the bass blocker to aftermarket speakers in the dash.
Iā€™ve gotten through the last 20 pages and I just wanted to say thank you for patiently and thoroughly answering a ton of technical questions in this thread. Like seriously thank you.

M7 23

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About to install the kicker 6.75 sub and fusion amp in my 23 sub delete Bronco. One thing that threw me when I received the kicker is two sets of inputs on either side of the sub. Iā€™ve seen that mentioned in some posts, but didnā€™t understand the responses. Do I just connect the fusion amp to one side of the sub and call it good? Do I connect both side with a y splitter From the fusion amp? Or do I link the reds together and blacks together with additional wire, and connect fusion to one side?
sorry for the idiotic questionā€¦just a bit confused on that one.
and thanks to all for your insights on these audio threads, really like the upgrades I have done so far and hoping for a touch more low end with the addition of the sub.
Sponsored