First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forgot to mention in my previous post, the new LC has a whopping 8.7-inches of ground clearance.

Meanwhile even a subaru outback wilderness has ground clearance of 9.5 inches.

My 1997 Toyota 4Runner had 11.1 inches. I bought it used and bought 2.5" OME shocks and 2 inch bigger tires and had almost double the ground clearance of the new LC.
Sponsored

Last edited:

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you can tell what an awesome off roder it is just by looking at the giant aggressive tires it comes with......lol.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Forgot to mention in my previous post, the new LC has a whopping 8.7-inches of ground clearance.

Meanwhile even a subaru outback wilderness has ground clearance of 9.5 inches.

My 1997 Toyota 4Runner had 11.1 inches. I bought it used and bought 2.5" OME shocks and 2 inch bigger tires and had almost double the ground clearance of the new LC.
What is the base Bronco ground clearance?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One of the few downsides of living in Texas I suppose. Heat index around 110° isn't unusual here, especially this summer with the damn back-to-back high pressure systems parked over us all last month. Being outside without shade right now, it doesn't take long to approach the line that separates unpleasant and unsafe.
Ford Bronco 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser World Premiere 📣 Hybrid Only For U.S. and Pricing Starts Mid-$50K FB_IMG_1691284965835

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jokes aside, after some moderately toasty aviating this afternoon, I settled in for a shower, but since the water runs up a west facing wall, I had to turn it all the way on hot to get the coolest water. I’m ready for October.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The new "Land Cruiser" is a hard pass for me.

1) Doesn't have NA engine, only comes with turbo AND hybrid.

2) The only good angle is the front in the "1958" trim with the round headlights. The side and rear remind me of Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (that's what first came to mind when I saw photos of it). It needs more "bulge" or muscular lines on the sides.

3) "Starts" in the $50k range. We all know what that means based on what the Bronco has sold for.

It means it will be $54,999.99 BEFORE any ADM which is going to be another $9,999.99 so you're looking at $65,000 just for the BASE trim and that's before the additional $9,999 which will include:

• nitrogen filled tires
  • VIN number etching in the glass
  • floor & cargo mats
  • detail and gas topped off
  • door and mirror protection coating
  • Extended warranty (on a brand new car!)
  • pin stripes
  • and the best part is when you go pick up your vehicle it will have a license plate holder with the dealer's name.
Throw in taxes and destination fee and you're looking at $80,000.

And it will sell out because people will want to show off and be the first on the block seen driving it.
Strange, precisely mirrors the Bronco buying experience!

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a Landcruiser in name only. I can’t stand the look, and don’t see it growing on me. For that price, I’d rather have a decent 4Runner or a built up 80 Series with a ton of miles.

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dimensions are interesting. The wheelbase is 4 inches shorter than the bronco while the overal width is almost 10 inches longer

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dimensions are interesting. The wheelbase is 4 inches shorter than the bronco while the overal width is almost 10 inches longer
You may be confusing Toyota's width with and without mirrors, without mirrors the correct width is 78.93" and with mirrors the width is 84.20".

Sponsored

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may be confusing Toyota's width with and without mirrors, without mirrors the correct width is 78.93" and with mirrors the width is 84.20".
I’m talking about wheel base not the width

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a Landcruiser in name only. I can’t stand the look, and don’t see it growing on me. For that price, I’d rather have a decent 4Runner or a built up 80 Series with a ton of miles.
I would buy a 200

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A REAL NEW LAND CRUISER - Skewing to the off road more than skewing to the city streets like Toyota gave the US market....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A REAL NEW LAND CRUISER - Skewing to the off road more than skewing to the city streets like Toyota gave the US market....

Yes, but the 70 series doesn't meet US emissions or crash standards, that's why it's not imported.