First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it's all relative what's considered skinny these days. I like a 255/75/17 or 255/80/17 for all around use on anything that's not full size.

To me, skinny, AKA pizza cutter, is 235/85/16s.
That’s a pizza cutter for sure. I don’t want anything bigger than 11.5” in a 35. Ideally 10.5, but not sure that exists in anything beyond those ultra aggressive super swampers.
Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I selected the Badlands. I’ve been trying to decide, too, whether to ‘Squatch or not to Squatch. The upside for staying with the 33’s that I can determine are: more articulation, less weight, better handling and faster gearing on the highway, less noise and less cost when replacing. But the look of those 35’s though...
Great points. Also, if you live in an area where there’s significant snow, the 33s will be better if you don’t switch to snow tires. The K02s are rated for snow. They are 30 mm narrower vs. the 35s, and in general, a narrower tire is better in the snow.

As for looks, the 33s on the Badlands without the Sasquatch package will look just right because it does not have the slight lift, and wide fender flares of the Sasquatch.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Something to consider... Just get a badlands squathed and then down the road go with some 33/12.5r17 MTs and swap out the bump stops with shorter ones. Remember the squatch comes with 4.7 gearing.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something to consider... Just get a badlands squathed and then down the road go with some 33/12.5r17 MTs and swap out the bump stops with shorter ones. Remember the squatch comes with 4.7 gearing.
Or get any squatch and when the 35's wear out put 33's on

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm also wondering about the driving noise from the 35's if you're using it as a daily driver. Thoughts?
I just found the Nitto Sand Grappler tires. They are designed with a 'festive' tread pattern and are not noisy. I agree that the standard fender flares with big tires sticking out beyond them will look better than Sasquatch (although I love that name!!!)

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just found the Nitto Sand Grappler tires. They are designed with a 'festive' tread pattern and are not noisy. I agree that the standard fender flares with big tires sticking out beyond them will look better than Sasquatch (although I love that name!!!)
I wouldn't get Dune Grapplers if you're in a rainy climate. No siping.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I feel the longer the wheel base the bigger the tires have to be to look good.

Look at the Jeep Gladiator for example. The stock tires Especially on the sport look horrendous. You need 35s just for it to start looking normal. Lol. 37s+ on it look the best.

Shorter wheel Base vehicles like the 2 door Jeeps and Broncos 35s look great. And even 33s can look fine. JMO...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What kind of affect would 4.7 gearing have when dropping down to 33"?
More responsive on the low end. Quicker acceleration. Higher rpm on the top end.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally I feel the longer the wheel base the bigger the tires have to be to look good.

Look at the Jeep Gladiator for example. The stock tires Especially on the sport look horrendous. You need 35s just for it to start looking normal. Lol. 37s+ on it look the best.

Shorter wheel Base vehicles like the 2 door Jeeps and Broncos 35s look great. And even 33s can look fine. JMO...
I cannot believe I am saying this, but you are right about shorter vs longer wheelbase.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True but less so when dropping down in tire size right?

What do I need for this :LOL:

Ford Bronco 32s vs 33s (vs35s) Wheelie-with-Rockwells1-e1411981431465
You need deep pockets and an understanding spouse for that.

Dropping down in tire size without changing anything else basically increases low end performance, until you get too small and then you start pulling stumps but don’t get anywhere quickly.

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been thinking that if I got the Squatch package, I'd replace the 315/70R17s with these Falken 295/75R17s. They would be just over 0.5" shorter from center and 1" narrower. I assume this would eliminate the need for the bumper/limiters and, since I prefer the tall/narrow look, would still look great with the ~1" lift that the Squatch comes with.

But, more than likely, I'll just go with a stock BL and 33s.

https://tiresize.com/tires/Falken/Wildpeak-MT-295-70R17.htm

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is really my biggest question, what tire size to get????

I love the look of the Sasquatch Package on the 4 Door (need and want the extra room). However, I will most likely never off-road it to the potential of that package. Honestly, the Badlands Package makes more sense from the DD perspective, but I doubt I even use all of its capability either.

The most use I think it'll realistically get is gravel roads/forest service type roads and dragging around a small trailer (light overlanding really).

Therefore, I think the Big Bends tire size (255/75/17) with a more "aggressive" looking tread pattern might be the ticket. Which got me thinking that a Big Bend with auto and the 4.27 E-Locker and tow package might be my most logical set-up. If I do that, the 2.3 should be fine, however, If not super expensive, I'll get the 2.7. Maybe even get the Advanced T-Case with the savings from BL or Sasquatch.

If I want taller, I'll have the gearing to handle 255/85/17's.

Yes, I like the old school skinny tire look.
Sponsored