Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm one. I think they are average on the street and not good for the type of 4 wheeling I do.
Lots of better options.

Personally I will run 2 sets of rims/tires on my Bronco, because that is really the only way to get the type of performance I would want on the street and have dedicated Offroad Bias Ply tires with more grip, and more flexible yet puncture resistent sidewalls.

I will sacrifice street performance on the days I drive to and from the trails, but will then save the tread on my Off road tires for the days when I am just pavement pounding.

This will be my offroad tire.
Ford Bronco 33" BFG KO2 vs Goodyear MT 33" vs Goodyear MT 35" -- tire weight & specs 1619216343490-png-
Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fake News ;) We run them on the wifes Jeep, my 1 ton, and have run them on the 1/2 ton's in the past. Best damn all around tire for the wet PNW I know.
For what it's worth, we run Cooper Stt Pro's on our trail rig (FJ40). They are great tires for the rock, mud, and snow. Never ran them on the road a whole bunch though. I may put those on the Bronco down the road after running the K02's.

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just purchased and had installed last week 9 each BFG 315/70R17...4 on the Raptor and 5 for the JL Wrangler. Nothing but positive experiences on wear and traction off road and on the snow as well as ride on the highway.
Can you post some pics of those 2 units with those tires on them. Probably what I’m going to replace mine with ASAP

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know about everyone else's opinion but it seems like Ford really cheaped-out on the tires besides the KO2's, which still definitely aren't my number one pick. The least Ford could have done is allow better tire choices. I mean, this is a Bronco. All-seasons shouldn't have even been an option. Aggressive All-Terrains and super aggressive Hybrids should have been the only options for the Bronco. I feel like Ford would have done a lot better with the two options being Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws and Nitto Ridge Grapplers and maybe giving the Gpas out there the BFG K02 option on all models. Sasquatch package would just mean bigger sets of either three of those tire choices. Why Goodyears, Ford? They're junk.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all about getting Duratracs until I read numerous reviews that they are not that good on wet roads and susceptible to hydroplaning
Fake News ;) We run them on the wifes Jeep, my 1 ton, and have run them on the 1/2 ton's in the past. Best damn all around tire for the wet PNW I know.
I think the Duratrac tires get a bad rap due to user error in some respects. They come on the Tremors from the factory. Look at what new Tremor owners have to say. They're bad in wet conditions, they don't handle well on the freeway, they take too long to break in, etc.

Ford sets them at 80 P.S.I. at the factory for maximum load carrying capacity. Dropped them down to 60 and 65 P.S.I. right away and they dive like a dream. Great in the So Cal rain too which is more like an oil slick due to the lack of rain more than anything else.

I run BFGs on my other vehicles and they compare just fine.

Sponsored

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I would share my experience with KO2s, Duratracs and Falken Wildpeak AT3 in 33" on my F150. KO2s were quiet, had good traction wet or dry and plenty of traction off road unless is was real muddy. I got 52k out of them before they started not handling the wet too good. Still had a little before the wear bar, but switched them for the Falken Wildpeaks. Great traction everywhere, especially the wet roads. However they didn't last 30k. They were C rated 265 70 18. I have the Duratracs on there now and they are great also. Lots of traction everywhere. Slightly louder than the KO2s and better in the mud but comparable every where else. I have about 10k on them now and they are wearing well. I know nobody cares about mileage, but there is a difference and probably because of weight. The avg for the KO2s were 15.1 mpg consistently. The avg for the Duratracs is 15.8 mgp consistently. They are both 275 70 18 and E rated. The Falkens were getting 16.6 because they were lighter, I'm guessing and they definitely were softer and wore faster than the others. The truck is not lifted, just leveled with Bilstein 5100s.

Burnsy949

Badlands
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2018 Volkswagen Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think something is wrong with the Tirerack posted weight for the GY 315/70R17 Territory MT. How can it be 3 lbs. heavier with it being a C load tire than GY Duratracs that are D load tires? We’ll have to wait and see, but 57lbs for those would be about right given the 285s are 51 lbs.
Normally I would agree with you 100%, however I was completely surprised when I recently looked at weights for the E rated version of the C rated tire on my 2013 JK Rubicon Unlimited. (The Nitto Ridge Grappler).

I replaced my factory tires a couple of years back with what was (at the time) a relatively new tire - the Nitto Ridge Grappler. I wanted a tire that was as close to 35" diameter as I could get, but without the significant width (and extra weight) of a 35x12.5" or 315/70/17. I wanted a tire I could put on the standard JK Rubicon rims that wouldn't rub without spacers, and if possible, would fit on the stock spare tire carrier with the stock rear bumper.

I found that the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 285/75/17 did meet these requirements - It fit with no problems with my 2.5" lift, and did not require ANY other modifications, and didn't even require cutting of the sliders on the Rubicon at the back wheel wells. I absolutely LOVE these tires - very quiet on the street but still great off road. No issues in Mud and Snow and have been great on the trail as well. It was almost 34" in diameter, and more than an inch narrower than a 35x12.5" tire.

So I ended up getting the C rated version of this tire, and later saw that the E rated version of the tire is actually LIGHTER than the C rated version. Perhaps the E rated is still stiffer (perhaps a slightly different construction) but strangely the E rated tire is lighter. Weird.

See below from Nitto website:

Ford Bronco 33" BFG KO2 vs Goodyear MT 33" vs Goodyear MT 35" -- tire weight & specs RidgeGrappler2.JPG

Last edited:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just put a set of P285/70-17 Kenda Klever AT2s on my Gladiator. They weigh in at 45lbs each. The LT version of the same tire is 54lbs. Funny thing is the P rated has a load rating of 3197lbs while the LT is only 2469. You would think the LT would have a higher load rating. Several tire manufacturers are the same way with the P rated version having a higher load rating.
I don't get it, so what's the point of something being an LT then? I thought load rating was the main or only difference?

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never ran KO2s but I have read plenty of negative reviews on the Tacoma forums. Seems like they have a lot of fan boys due to the extremely aggressive looking design but I have often read they suck in the rain/snow, wear horribly with excessive road noise after so many miles, and aren't the best in certain off-road conditions. Also they always seems way more expensive than comparable well rated AT tires..

Sponsored

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, I'll stick my nose in this spirited melee and likely get mocked. It's ok. I have kids.

So my WT will be my DD. Probably 1K miles/ month in commuting. We ski/ snowboard 20 days/ year and I'd love to plow through powder, and yet we have hot, dry summers and a short rainy season here in the greater Sacramento, CA area. Other offroad uses will be camping in the Tahoe foothills several times a year and making a trip to rip up some sand every year or so.

As I dodge the stones thrown, any advice on tires for a fellow Bronco owner?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I give up - how can all you guys who seem to know a hella lot more than I do - COMPLETELY DISAGREE about these tires? This shit should be empirical. Either a tire is good in the rain or its not. It's quiet or it's not. It wears out quickly or it doesn't. It's winter rated or it's not. But you guys are all over the place.

"Goodyears are OK, no they suck! KO2's are like God's own rubber, bullshit they're horrible!"

Go back to the conference room and figure this shit out, then come back here and give a unified answer.

Dammit.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I give up - how can all you guys who seem to know a hella lot more than I do - COMPLETELY DISAGREE about these tires? This shit should be empirical. Either a tire is good in the rain or its not. It's quiet or it's not. It wears out quickly or it doesn't. It's winter rated or it's not. But you guys are all over the place.

"Goodyears are OK, no they suck! KO2's are like God's own rubber, bullshit they're horrible!"

Go back to the conference room and figure this shit out, then come back here and give a unified answer.

Dammit.
I love KO2s but I’m lucky to get 35k miles out of a set, vastly different than some claim. I’ve been running them on super duties, the others must be running them on a compass. Different results per the application.
Sponsored