First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going from a super crew f150 to a bronco I have some of the same concerns about interior room. Also with some of the leaked package pricing from the surveys Im also concerned that the bronco the way I want it would be the same or close to a new f150. If it ends up in the mid 50k range why would not just go with another f150.
The new F150 looks awesome.
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going from a super crew f150 to a bronco I have some of the same concerns about interior room. Also with some of the leaked package pricing from the surveys Im also concerned that the bronco the way I want it would be the same or close to a new f150. If it ends up in the mid 50k range why would not just go with another f150.
Because an F150 isn't a Bronco....duh!
Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? tenor (1)

/s

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a theory that people who rarely get out like the idea of driving around town with a RTT to advertise how adventurous they are. People that actually get out a lot find them silly. A RTT on a trailer - that makes some good sense. A RTT in Africa when you’re camping around lions, yeah that makes sense. A RTT on your daily driver makes you look like a wanna be. Just my two cents.
I agree with you. I’d love a RTT that I could take off and on in 5 minutes because driving around with one sucks in pretty much every way. The GFC route allows for a camper shell and RTT in one, which appeals a lot more than a standard RTT. But a trailer with a RTT is really where it’s at.
pile the family in the runner and put the dog with your cargo in tow .... these things look small but they are so equipped and roomy .... can have it custom made also .... will fit a kitchen and even a shower with a bathroom .... you can load cot beds, sleeping bags, tents etc etc

can also get a roof rack in addition

They really are amazing. Maybe I should just buy one of those instead of selling the Runner...

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because an F150 isn't a Bronco....duh!

/s
I know this response was a funny response to a comment, but it really is accurate. The f150 isn’t anywhere near as capable off road as the new Bronco. That’s not what it’s for. The Raptor, that’s different, but where can we get new Raptors for the price of a loaded Bronco?

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are some very off road worthy trailers made these days.

See Patriot Campers, Manley ORV, TerraTrek Campers, and others.
The Bruder EXP-6 is my dream Camper.
images.jpeg
There are some very off road worthy trailers made these days.

See Patriot Campers, Manley ORV, TerraTrek Campers, and others.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bronco won't be enough for that size family. It seems smaller than a Tiguan which we have and we pack the trunk for camping with me, the wife and the dog and it's a decent fit. Rooftop tent and some modularity might help in the bronco for us but a family of 5? No way

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know this response was a funny response to a comment, but it really is accurate. The f150 isn’t anywhere near as capable off road as the new Bronco. That’s not what it’s for. The Raptor, that’s different, but where can we get new Raptors for the price of a loaded Bronco?
Not only that, they are wide too. I love them though.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco won't be enough for that size family. It seems smaller than a Tiguan which we have and we pack the trunk for camping with me, the wife and the dog and it's a decent fit. Rooftop tent and some modularity might help in the bronco for us but a family of 5? No way
I’m afraid you’re right. 99% sure of it.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a theory that people who rarely get out like the idea of driving around town with a RTT to advertise how adventurous they are. People that actually get out a lot find them silly. A RTT on a trailer - that makes some good sense. A RTT in Africa when you’re camping around lions, yeah that makes sense. A RTT on your daily driver makes you look like a wanna be. Just my two cents.
yeah us rtt owners are posing around parking lots setting up at random houses in town. Lol
Had to use our ground tent for hunting this last year because I switched trucks and didn’t want to rush buying a rack yet. Wife was a little angry because the rtt is warmer especially when every night is 0 degrees. We had the dog and 2 kids with. It was epic with not one complaint.

52DC163E-BDBA-427E-AE51-4907AE089BB5.jpeg

C92348CC-0E76-4211-B354-7C8382958584.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah us rtt owners are posing around parking lots setting up at random houses in town. Lol
Had to use our ground tent for hunting this last year because I switched trucks and didn’t want to rush buying a rack yet. Wife was a little angry because the rtt is warmer especially when every night is 0 degrees. We had the dog and 2 kids with. It was epic with not one complaint.

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? C92348CC-0E76-4211-B354-7C8382958584

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? C92348CC-0E76-4211-B354-7C8382958584
I looked at the Power Wagon. LOVED IT. It’s just so big and I worry about Ram build quality/reliability. Any issues with yours? How long have you had it?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little concerned there too, coming from a Tacoma. It seems that the back with folded down seats is not even really long enough for me to sleep for more than a night or two (I'm 6'3''), which is a bit disappointing, but we don't really know yet. I won't put anything on the roof, ever, I want clear blue skies above me.
I'm playing with the idea of getting a tear drop camper or build my own thing, put a RTT on top of that too, but all that is just speculation for now. I've seen posts where the cargo in the 4door is just half a foot deeper than on the 2door, which makes no sense to me, but until we get full measurements...
A hitch mounted cargo shelf is also an option.
But if I can't get 4 people plus the 50lb dog and gear in it, I might have to get something else instead. I hope it doesn't come to that, love the new Bronco!

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at the Power Wagon. LOVED IT. It’s just so big and I worry about Ram build quality/reliability. Any issues with yours? How long have you had it?
Can’t say on reliability yet (Only 6,000 miles on it) and that’s my worry too. First dodge and I only know a few people who swear by them and a whole lot who hate them. I just needed the 2 lockers, winch, and I don’t mind solid axel on a longer wheel base. Might have gotten a tremor had they been out when I got this.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you are set on the bronco, you can make it work with with a trailer. haul all your stuff in there and have a place to stay also with a tent. the bronco will still be tight if you think the 4runner is tight. but if it's something you like and will enjoy, then you'll make it work.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bruder EXP-6 is my dream Camper.
images.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Dang how much does that thing weigh? i don't think a Bronco can tow that!!
Sponsored

Last edited: