@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 96F5928E-A11E-40E5-A9FC-1076B096C5E1

I don’t want to complain, because at least I have a VIN. But this really sucks for those of us who switched to a soft-top (based on Ford’s recommendation), and are supposed to be built in August. Ford won’t let us make any changes at this point. But I wish we had the option to delay til September now, considering all of those builds will get a hard-top prep kit.

It seems no matter what situation you’re in, as long as you have a Bronco reservation, Ford will find a way to screw you. 😂
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exactly. This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.
Jen i would not cancel your reservation. Yes things are massively screwed up at Webasto but without notice things could turn around quickly. if you need to buy a vehicle then do so but I would let FORD keep my hundred dollar reservation if I were you.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

🤔 No email here, no build-date..... I've gotten every other hemming and hawing email. MIC

Ford Bronco 6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit 1624656785006

Southern Boi NOLA

Base
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Base
This email ended up being a blessing in disguise for me. I ordered a soft top originally, so I was thinking "Guess I'm ok", but something in my mind said Call your dealer just to be on the safe side. I called and the salesman said Well, you have a soft top, so you should be good. I asked him to check and make sure I had the soft top, and low and behold, my damn dealer had me down for a MIC top. Glad I was able to catch it and make the change. My fault though for trusting my dealer without getting some paperwork to prove what I had.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on Ford’s behavior since the launch, a reasonable person can assume that it’s a prep kit you take the day before your colonoscopy.
They are striving to supply all customers with a special lubricant to make this process easier.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I want to know is what price will the hard top be? Is it going to be price locked to what it is if we ordered it or parts counter price + freight
+ the free MY21 headliner

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped.”

So basically they are going to crank out 50k soft top 4 doors and give them to the dealers to sell before reservation holders get their hardtops. And 2 door people are just straight up screwed.
and none of these should have SAS, 2.7L, Leather, Tow, Lux....save them for those of us who have been waiting for a year!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As we used to say at the plant “somebody is about to leave here…”. Ford HR should be really really busy handing out walking papers while Webasto should be de sourced.

imatexan3

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra All-Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the price protection part however as someone that ordered right after this date not knowing about the delays I kick myself. That’s what I get for waiting.

While I am bummed about distillery I can’t argue with how good the soft top looks and I love the free prep kit. It’s what I was asking for.
[/QUOTE
I love the price protection part however as someone that ordered right after this date not knowing about the delays I kick myself. That’s what I get for waiting.

While I am bummed about distillery I can’t argue with how good the soft top looks and I love the free prep kit. It’s what I was asking for.
same with me, I’m a 3/30/21 reservation holder, but the only reason I wasn’t in a hurry was because I knew the painted MOD top would be MY22 anyways. Now to know I should’ve just reserved and ordered earlier to do the soft or MIC and also lose the price protection ticks me off. Price protection needs to be extended MUCH further

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may very well be the straw that has me looking at other options. I wanted that body colored mod top. Now, I have to decide to go soft now, live with it, and wait for a parts counter one or look at what else is out there.
I think it is very unlikely they’ll sell the body colored tops already painted. Painted parts are not usually sold like that.

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't get this email, but I switched to a soft top awhile back. Order holder that hasn't been scheduled. Did this email perhaps only go to current hard top order holders? 4-door, badlands, sasquatch, soft top order holder.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It certainly appears that those of us that ordered 2drs did not get an email. Is this correct? I have received all the other mass emails.
2-door BL here, email came at 4:01 EDT. Although I am also in the changed mod top to mic group

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How'd you like the Defender? We've been debating doing the same thing for a couple months now. Love how the Bronco looks more than the defender, but I'm pretty much over waiting until 2022...2023...2024? or who knows when, when we need a bigger vehicle for camping and skiing now. Plus we're down to one car since I sold my WRX over a year ago.
I've been a Ford-only person for my entire life. Decided to test drive a Defender a little while back and it really blew me away. it was the 4-door with the 6 cylinder. Quiet interior, smooth ride, felt really solid and planted, plenty of power... I was sort of surprised I liked it so much, to be honest. If you're thinking about it, I'd definitely try it out. Even better if you can find one with advanced 4x4 (which includes the air ride).

The 2020-2022 are all basically the same feature-wise, though the 2020's are sort of known for "first year" issues, but a test drive should feel the same if that's all they have available.