Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wierd looking electric thing
Nothing weird about a station wagon. I love a good wagon. Wish I could afford an RS6 Avant or a V60 Polestar Engineered. Used to like the E63S Estate but the recent face-lift killed it.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All the same reasons I went with the 4 door, only it's the black MOD top for me.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That brings up an idea. Hummmm......a Bronco minivan.
So the Bronco was designed as a direct competitor to the Wrangler which I was planning to buy when my mortgage got paid off, but only because the Bronco didn't exist. Mortgage gets paid off in April of 2022, so it was like magic when I found out a Bronco would be available!😍😍

My other plan was... I was hoping to buy a Sportsmobile when I retire, so maybe Ford will come out with a Bronco van as a direct competitor to that! Isn't that how the magical world works?😘

I would so buy the Bronco van over the Sportsmobile if it existed.😍😍😍

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clearwater native

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fess up. You switched because your wife, aka grandma, told you so because of the grandkids. Lol
No actually I made the decision myself and then had to tell her the first thing she said was it makes sense we already have a 2dr Jeep for you and me and you should order a 2022 2 dr bronco to replace the jeep if that’s what you want in the future so you never know and at least I am not worried about that discussion again.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whatever you gotta do to justify it to yourself.

I know if I caved in and switched to a 4-Door soft top I would regret it the entire time of ownership.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On 8/20 I made the switch because I am honestly to impatient to wait another 6-12 months for my Bronco and it worked yesterday 8/26 I got the email with a 9/20 build week and it is an awesome feeling knowing I will soon not have to wait any longer so I sat down after Driving a 4dr wild track dealer demo I had for 48 hours and made up this list that encouraged me to make the switch;

1-the doors of a 2dr do not fit in the back when you take them off (they are too big) 4dr all fit in the back.

2-the gas tank in a 4dr is 20 gallons vs 16 in a 2dr.

3-the back seat in a 2dr only made for 2 (I have triplet 7 year old grand kids) my wife and I can take them along.

4-the soft top is actually real nice easy to put up and down, no worries about where to store it and it's black not the grey color that I think looks better.

5-there is a lot more room for any adventure riders and gear.

6-I already have a 2dr Jeep TJ Rubicon.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of comments about my reasoning believe me I really like the looks of the two door and after bashing the 4dr for well over a year it was a hard decision but these 6 things made it easier for me and the fact that the 2dr is not available with a soft top just really sucks!
Many of the same reasons I chose a 4-door from the get go, and adding two medium-size dogs (45-50 lbs. each) to get in and out of the back seat. Our 3rd grandbaby is on the way, so we need to be able to get them in and out easily! [NOTE: As pointed out on more than one video, the back seat of a 4-door will NOT accommodate three car seats. Good thing yours are 7!]

P.S. Which model do you have on order? 4DR what? OBX? Badlands? Big Bend? Your signature doesn't say.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are not an option on the 4 door Badlands soft top as far as I can see
They aren't in B/P. The dealer must add them. Apparently with the ST folded back it compromises the ability to store all 4 doors. So the rockstars, figured that they can be removed I guess to save money.

You could still use the garage storage bags and figure out a way to secure them in the back as they don't include storage straps, but the bags designed for onboard storage are only available from the factory. I presume Ford will make them available from the parts counter, but right now, they can't be ordered.

There is a complaint almost everyday in the one FB group that the onboard storage bags are missing and can't be ordered. Ford encouraged buyers to switch to Moar Door Softies. But now the one feature Ford was so proud of can't be done as designed and buyers will come up with a compromised solution.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP....Buy a 2nd bronco, a used 2 door when you are able in the next couple years. Grow your herd!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6 Reasons I will stay the course for 2Dr and avoid 4Dr soft top:

1.) Stand out from the sea of 4dr Big Bends

2.) Receive a '22 in '22, not a '21 just before '22

3.) MIC 2.0 better be the bee's fucking knees, and I won't have to wait until '23 for Dealer parts availability

4.) I can get a Bestop or Other's soft top down the line, since Ford won't provide - and have two tops.

5.) No Kids or giant dogs to haul around, in fact planning on rear seats delete

6.) No kidding myself, 2dr simply looks best

Bonus:

7.) Summer / fair weather is practically over here in the NE, so what's another 7 months until Spring?

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's funny, when I drove a soft top Wildtrak, it did the opposite...confirmed that the soft top was the right top and made me wonder if I'd ever even need a hard top, even in winter. I hate the wavy windows, but everything else is great with the soft top...I was psyched about it once I used it, the convenience is awesome and it is good quality (except for the side windows). Why didn't you like it?
too noisy, security issues and wavy windows. I don't like soft top Jeeps either so I guess it's also aesthetics. My first vehicle was a soft top Geo Tracker and it was broken into several times because of the soft top, some fool stole all my Nine Inch Nails cassettes!
Sponsored