First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether you're alone or there are hundreds or thousands in the same boat, frustrating! As some folks resolved themselves to the fact they would get a 2022, I resolved to accept nothing less than a 2021. No emotion, just if it's a 2021 I move forward in the process. If I'm told it's a 2022, then I'll buy something else (better) for less money.
Sponsored

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am also an erly 7/14 reservation, but I switched to a dealer I knew would get me a MY21. How? I spent a couple weeks calling 10-12 dealers in my area and asking them how many reservations they had, where my time stamp fell in their list, what would they charge, etc. I called dealers several times each. Many of these conversations were painful since they couldn't answer basic questions, didn't know, said they'd get back to me and didn't, didn't undersstand timestamps, etc.

Alas, there were a couple dealers that were informed, helpful and reasonably priced. Because my prior dealer converted me without my consent, I spent > 4 weeks getting that mess untangled and was able to switch the best dealer I found. It was a lot of time spent and I shouldn't have had to do it, but now glad I did. I feel your frustration. You may yet get a MY21, your dealer really doesn't know.
Man, I'm just baffled that people have experiences with their dealerships that know absolutely anything about the process. Mine can't tell me how many reservations they have, where I'm at on the list, how many they've converted, nothing. They point me to the forums for info. It's absolutely insane. I'm genuinely hoping it's because they aren't selling many so they're not bothered with it, but damn, anything would be better than what I've gotten.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I'm just baffled that people have experiences with their dealerships that know absolutely anything about the process. Mine can't tell me how many reservations they have, where I'm at on the list, how many they've converted, nothing. They point me to the forums for info. It's absolutely insane. I'm genuinely hoping it's because they aren't selling many so they're not bothered with it, but damn, anything would be better than what I've gotten.
It is not that the dealer can't tell you, it is that they won't tell you so you don't jump ship.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.
Have you contacted Ford directly? You need to speak with them. The FE is not apart of the allocation numbers. Everyone will be getting a VIN number (one to two weeks) use number along with their four digit dealer number to track and get information on the date to receive the Bronco. Your dealer (just my opinion) is yanking your chain. What is your build configuration?

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not that the dealer can't tell you, it is that they won't tell you so you don't jump ship.
I mean it's not going to make a difference to me. I'm happy waiting til '22. That's what we have planned for budgeting. If we get a MY21 we'll kinda be irritated due to being forced in to a higher monthly payment lol. It's just frustrating to call with questions, get transferred 3 times, then get vague answers.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought they only guaranteed that for model year 2021? 2022 there were no guarantees as I recall. Dealers are going to want Broncos on the lot.
They should have Broncos on the lot by the end of summer next year. Maybe sooner depending on how many reservations they have. I swear it was a tweet from Mr. Levine, but let me check with the B6G computer....

Hey B6G computer! (@ZachDanger)
Did Ford ever commit to completing reservations before doing retail sales? 😁

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you contacted Ford directly? You need to speak with them. The FE is not apart of the allocation numbers. Everyone will be getting a VIN number (one to two weeks) use number along with their four digit dealer number to track and get information on the date to receive the Bronco. Your dealer (just my opinion) is yanking your chain. What is your build configuration?
I have seen nothing to suggest that "everyone will be getting a VIN"... not only have I not seen that, it goes against how Ford has always scheduled vehicles.

Did you read or hear this some place?

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am not very happy today. Spoke with my dealer to see where things stand. He told me last week I was 26 out of 70 orders and he was getting about a 30-35% allocation. Has been telling me in past correspondance I was just inside the 2021 Allotment. Well yesterday he informed me that due to the fact that he has 7 FEs I am now on the outside of the 2021 allotment window. He is only getting 16 non FEs and I am 20. SO unless 4 others are bumped for some commodity reason (which I am sure would effect me too), I am NOT get a 2021.

I am honestly so frustrated and annoyed right now. I ordered within 11 hours of the orders opening and will somehow not receive a vehicle. I also sold my truck a couple weeks ago as I got a VERy good offer from Vroom and figured I should bank that money and payments for the next few months figuring I would have my Bronco by end of summer and my company is work from home until at least end of August. Now I dont know what I am going to do. I dont think we can deal with a single vehicle he the next year. Getting through 3-4 months we could make it work. 9+ months not sure we can.

This allotment formula is BS. There are going to be a LOT of people with times well past mine that will be getting their Broncos this summer. I am so ready to say eff this and just look for something else. I was not expecting one in the first batch but honestly thought I would see one mid sept at the latest. I had thought about moving my order to one of the big dealers, but thought my odds would be worse there with so many orders. But looking at the Chapman Ford I would have been like 65 out of a couple hundred orders and looks like well within their window. I stayed with this dealer as he gave me the best price in the state and had been on top of things with regards to my order and some changes. Now due to low allotment I am out of luck.

Sorry had to vent, and figured some of you will probably be feeling the same way in the next couple weeks as everyone finds out where they stand.
Reading this makes me even happier with my decision to buy the Defender in January. I’ll be back around to the Bronco when the non sense ends.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have seen nothing to suggest that "everyone will be getting a VIN"... not only have I not seen that, it goes against how Ford has always scheduled vehicles.

Did you read or hear this some place?
Everyone who placed their order before March 2021 will get a VIN and later a production time of completion. Then you can follow the tracking during production to delivery.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've also been informed I'm a MY22. A co-worker tried to order a new Chevy Tahoe last week and wasn't able to because of a computer chip shortage. Just try to let go of things you can't control and chive on.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have Broncos on the lot by the end of summer next year. Maybe sooner depending on how many reservations they have. I swear it was a tweet from Mr. Levine, but let me check with the B6G computer....

Hey B6G computer! (@ZachDanger)
Did Ford ever commit to completing reservations before doing retail sales? 😁
You want my short answer?

Ford made blanket statements they would build retail orders before stock units... and then when it became evident that deliveries would extend into MY22, they started to specify that retail orders would be prioritized for "MY21". They haven't made any clear statements regarding MY22.

You want my long answer?

There are a few things at play here to remember that I believe means we don't have anything to fear:

Assuming the worst case scenario, which is they will mix stock units into MY22 production, not only is it not that bad, it actually makes sense. Hear me out:

1. For MY21 production, there are so many orders backed up, that if they run out of parts for a customer's build, there will inevitably be another later customer that they can build.

For MY22 production, they will have whittled down the backlog enough that there is a chance they could run out of parts for customers (that week), so instead of going idle, they can just produce stock units with the parts they do have.

2. Production in MY22 will be chugging away pretty good. It is understood that Ford will be able to produce Broncos at a higher rate in MY22 than they can initially in MY21... so even if the percentage of retail builds is lower per week in MY22, it doesn't necessarily mean that customers will receive their broncos at a slower rate... the same number of customer builds could be getting produced. (how many and how fast can webasto supply MIC tops for MY21 vs MY22?)

3. Retail orders are *sold* orders. If you had the choice to make either a vehicle you *know* will earn you money, vs a vehicle they *may* earn you money, where is your priority going to be? Following this logic, dealers will obviously want stock units to sell to walk-in customers for ADM, but they will also want their retail orders produced, since that is a known sale, and the longer a retail order goes unfilled while the customer is watching stock units come in and go out at that dealer, and elsewhere, the more likely that customer is to walk.

I could keep going, but basically the point is, I don't think Ford can commit to producing retail orders before stock orders in MY22, because it could have some serious negative repercussions (see point 1)... but they are incentivized to at least prioritize customer retail orders.

Assuming Ford is in cahoots with the dealers to do what's absolutely best for them, and assuming they could prioritize their own self interests and there wouldn't be any negative side effects with the customer... it's still in their best interest to prioritize retail orders.

If you ask me, just by the seat of my pants, I think we'll see 6 months of MY21 production of 100% of retail orders, then 6 months of MY22 production prioritizing and finishing the backlog of retail orders with stock orders filling the gaps, and the remaining 6 months for MY22 production will be basically all stock units and new retail orders.

That's of course assuming no outside problems (commodity constraints)... and is in general wild speculation on my part that I'm not sure I could back up with actual numbers.

Last edited:

Mike Mc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone who placed their order before March 2021 will get a VIN and later a production time of completion. Then you can follow the tracking during production to delivery.
This is incorrect as I am reading it. A VIN will be assigned when the vehicle is scheduled to be built. Not before then. Eventually everyone will get a VIN, but the majority wont' be in April or May.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, but like, what's your source for this?

Typically Ford will "preview" who is slated for production a few weeks out, and note any commodity shortages. Then, if they have the parts the build will be "scheduled" and a VIN will be assigned a week or two before actual production. This is because you conceivably don't want to assign a VIN for a vehicle that you can't build, or may never build (what if commodity restraints hit and that build gets pushed to a new MY?)

What Ford has stated (in writing) that in May they will communicate "delivery window estimates" to the dealers/customers, which will give you a general idea when Ford expects to "schedule" your build.

Along with that Ford has also stated (in writing) that based on this delivery window estimate, customers will be able to modify their orders... all the way up until the build is "scheduled."

So again, where has anyone said we'd all be getting VINs? I'm happy to be shown so I can make sure I'm communicating correct information... but that's contrary what Ford has said.

Ford Bronco 7/14 6:45 Am time stamp. Told Yesterday I am bumped to 2022 Can I change my order up until VIN

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your user name literally has 2021 in it. So you're telling us that you reserved a Bronco 9 months ago to get one in 2022? 🤔
Certainly was not the plan when I tagged user name. Ford forced me back with the delay on the SB Modular top. Should ask Doug to change it for me.😉

Lukeswags23

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That sucks!! I was a 7/14 as well and my dealer has 5 people in front of me and 0 first editions and I made the cut for the first round of deliveries they will be getting:
Sponsored