First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s correct! Everything was locked by Ford Performance.
Or you can just overwrite the modules with whatever software revision that you need by forcing the overwriting of the firmware... Just saying...

I bet you can find most of the module firmware unlocked, plus, how are OTA updates going to work? Is Ford going to be sending the passwords over the air? There will be a way... Even if someone has to waterboard a Ford engineer... LOL.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We tried FORSCAN as well, it was a no go as well.

I’m interested in how this all shakes out with the 5.2L.
yea so in many 23 models, forscan did not work untill 2 weeks ago when the newest version was released.

Funny that in all my emails back and forth with Ford Performance about using "R" modules with the Predator engine, they NEVER say anything is locked.

and even if they were locked as you falsely claim, then we would just use ALL the f150 Raptor "R" modules in the swap. no biggie.

sorry but the fact that you work for Ford automatically puts a red flag next to your false statement, in my mind.
exactly what is your job title?

For example, guys just like you at Ford falsely claimed the PSCM was VIn locked and could never be used across different platforms. they were wrong then just like they are now. I solved that and paved the way for the upgrade for ALL broncos.

maybe you should download the newest forscan version and try again.

ford likely has the programming designed and built by independent vendors, and the SAME modules are built in several different locations (countries) and by different companies. Ford just gives parameters and strategies to the vendors and the parts are built and programmed to Fords specs. Fords plans are to use one versatile module (for each use PSCM, PCM BCM ect) across many platforms saves BIG $$$s and makes parts more universal. This has been happening for yrs with all automakers. So they are making it easier to do what seems like the impossible to the layman.

Last edited:

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s correct! Everything was locked by Ford Performance.
Was it looking for the password locally or trying to go over then internet? If local, it’s stored locally either cleartext (unlikely, but you
never know) or salted/hashed. Either way, it might be possible to retrieve it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sorry but the fact that you work for Ford automatically puts a red flag next to your false statement, in my mind.
exactly what is your job title?
Marketing or communications is my bet.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, here we go.... I've been wasting my breath saying the Bronco needs a V8 and getting berated by v6 fan boys....Look, I'm just here in hopes you carry this through...You have y support... I was thinking the Godzilla engine would be a gd match. But, I'm open to being proven wrong... Good luck... If you were nearby, I'd lend a hand. I don't see a bronco in my future until we solve this V8 issue.....
If it makes you feel better I'll do my part and berate the V6 fan boys. Nobody needs more than a 4 cylinder. 😁

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m a 2023 BRaptor owner and work at a Ford dealership. I’m pretty confident all Broncos have the 10R60 trans and on my BRaptor all the modules are locked by Ford Performance. My ford performance techs can get the passwords to unlock my modules but they told me Ford can go back and check what was changed/updated from over the air and then change things back if they choose. How true that is 🤷! I just wanted to turn off the double honk and enable bambi mode but everything is locked.

I would love to drop the 5.2L predator in my BRaptor. 🤤 🤤
thats false I have a bunch of updates with Forscan. Here are the ones I have now, with a couple other I havent got to yet.

BdyCM: 726-63-02 0001 0101 0095 to 0000 0101 0094 (Double Horn Honk Reminder Engine on, Keyfob not in car)
BdyCM: 726-74-01 0100 0101 00A5 to 0101 0101 00A6 (Auto Headlight - last known headlight position) 00=Auto 01=Last Known
BdyCM: 726-39-02 0101 0000 006A to 0100 0000 0069 (Front Fog With High Beams) 00=enable 01=disable
IPC: 720-01-02 to (Disables door ajar chime)

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol no problem. You want the same diagrams for the Bronco?
when you have time, feel free to share the Broncos 2.7 architecture either here or in a DM. Thanks again.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

when you have time, feel free to share the Broncos 2.7 architecture either here or in a DM. Thanks again.
Will do. I’ll post them tomorrow morning when I get back to work.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't wait to see this thing! Gonna be a beast for sure.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs