Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

starting a list Part numbers that could or will be needed or helpfull for these items...

from the "R"

PCM
10r80 transmission
10r80 wiring harness
transfer case
both Fuel pumps
fuel pump relays
both active exhaust valves
exhaust valve wire harness
steering wheel
Guages cluster
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suppose we should look at the ABS modules wires too, even though forescan shows a nearly identical number of lines and code. between "R" and bronco.
Iā€™ll post them in the morning. Just glancing at them, the diagrams look quite a bit different, but it could just be the way theyā€™re laid out.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would love to see this as a kit from Ford Performance

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suppose we should look at the ABS modules wires too, even though forescan shows a nearly identical number of lines and code. between "R" and bronco.
There isn't much of a difference. I was looking at the wrong diagrams last night.

Attachments

Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious, does something like this require writing your own PCM software? Seems like this part alone is a daunting task.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, does something like this require writing your own PCM software? Seems like this part alone is a daunting task.
No. Writing the entire software for a PCM would actually be cause to take a hybrid approach, it would be far easier to run a separate engine management system in parallel and let the stock PCM think that everything was ok by supplying it with information either via its own sensors or with programmable outputs. The thing that some people forget is that the engine computer outputs are often not monitored directly (such as fuel injectors or ignition coils) and even when they are, they don't necessarily have to be functioning (dummy loads for the outputs - instead of open circuits). Running a second engine management system in parallel with the main engine management system is a great way to take over the outputs (boost, fuel, ignition, etc) while letting the original PCM do it's thing (feeding guages, monitoring temps, providing transmission control, etc).

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it won't cost even 1/3 of that, with a few gt500s winding up at wrecking yards and already one salvage totaled raptor "R" headed to the junkyard, the used engine prices are FAR less than the crate engine. The most recent one had under 200 miles so I OK with that!!! the programming you speak of is nearly free with FDRS and forscan, NOT thousands of dollars.

I'm not selling it so not worried about marketing, if someone wants it bad enough they'll hire me or someone similar that will find a way to succeed NO MATTER WHAT.
I do agree with the fact that it would be easier to start with a totally wrecked raptor r however right now that's not in my target Zone it may be in a year from now but right now I'm going to just line all the Ducks up in a row for whoever has the money to do it first.

https://www.copart.com/lot/61580973/salvage-2023-ford-f150-raptor-tx-houston
Keep an eye out on https://midwaymustang.com/ if you're looking for an engine/transmission.
He's had several newer wrecked GT500s through his hands, and a Braptor. His Facebook page is usually a little more up to date than his website. I could see him getting a hold of a Raptor R sooner than most.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep an eye out on https://midwaymustang.com/ if you're looking for an engine/transmission.
He's had several newer wrecked GT500s through his hands, and a Braptor. His Facebook page is usually a little more up to date than his website. I could see him getting a hold of a Raptor R sooner than most.
How much are those typically?

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much are those typically?
He usually doesn't keep prices posted after they're sold, and they're usually gone within a day or 2, so i'm not sure about specifics on prices.

303Bronco

Raptor
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are so many comments to read (while Iā€™m trying to work šŸ˜‰ ) so if this has been said Iā€™m sorry. This is AMAZING! Canā€™t wait to see it unfold. You should do a go fund me and then donators can drive it for a bit? Like $100 get one hour drive time Hahahahaha one could dream. Anyways Iā€™ll be watching this build and helping if I can!
Sponsored