Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are so many comments to read (while Iā€™m trying to work šŸ˜‰ ) so if this has been said Iā€™m sorry. This is AMAZING! Canā€™t wait to see it unfold. You should do a go fund me and then donators can drive it for a bit? Like $100 get one hour drive time Hahahahaha one could dream. Anyways Iā€™ll be watching this build and helping if I can!
Just seeing or hearing it would be amazing! When you bring it to Utah or San Diego I want to see it in person!

ThickGatorade

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.7 & 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Man congrats on this endeavor. Hoping you beat us to launch of the Braptor R. You better throw 40ā€ tires on that thing. Itā€™s a monster

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget the wheelie bars.

starting a list Part numbers that could or will be needed or helpfull for these items...

from the "R"

PCM
10r80 transmission
10r80 wiring harness
transfer case
both Fuel pumps
fuel pump relays
both active exhaust valves
exhaust valve wire harness
steering wheel
Guages cluster

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man congrats on this endeavor. Hoping you beat us to launch of the Braptor R. You better throw 40ā€ tires on that thing. Itā€™s a monster
Waitā€¦ Is Braptor R definitely a thing??

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Waitā€¦ Is Braptor R definitely a thing??

I saw the R on the carbon fiber flare thread and was like :unsure:

..............but the post above by @ThickGatorade says "Hope you beat us to the launch of the "R". So I would say it is true. He is from Michigan and seems to have some inside knowledge. šŸ˜

edit: he beat me to it. ;)

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

and this showed up today on my list.

5.8L Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Trinity engine swap kit up with a POWER BY THE HOUR stand alone for thast SUPER clean install!! $19,999 !!

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you actually do this, you need to put the engine in a Bronco Raptor.

Why spend all that time, energy, and money to put it in a base program vehicle?

You would essentially be creating the most desirable Bronco in the world that no one else can have (A Bronco Raptor R).

And who knows, if you do this, it may inspire Ford to put the engine in a production Bronco.

I plan on eventually doing a Predator engine swap, on either my own Bronco or someone else's. this thread will be a information base for other who are interested to follow along this LENGTHY process.

The goal is simple, shoehorn in the 5.2 supercharged GT500 engine into a bronco. The fabrication and bults and nuts are the straightforward and fairly easy part to solve., HOWEVER the biggest hurtle to overcome is obviously mateing all the electronic wizardry in our broncos to the new 5.2 PCM . For this to work properly everything must work 100% OEM. The ABS system, power steering control module, transmission system, goat modes, and all the other systems must work in conjunction and have no codes or problems.

There will be plenty of folks that say it can't be done or why should it be done or it shouldn't be done or this is a dumb idea or whatever and that's fine everybody has their own opinion.

I have complete confidence that this can be completed as I have over 20 engine swaps under my belt and most of them are engines that were not designed to go into the vehicles that I stuffed them into. It will be easier with this experience.

My plan of attack is to get all of the modules working on a bench prior to even purchasing the engine. This will take time, research $$$ and lots of help from others as well.

I'll be adding pictures, comparisons measurements and tons of technical information in the near future.

If anyone else is also interested in doing this fantastic swap I would be interested in teaming up and sharing investments and resources.

Because this engine is now also offered in the f150 Raptor "R", many of the modules will be able to be re programed and asbuilts modified to work together with the Bronco.

guru automotive genius' like @Bmadda and parts gurus like @flip can hopefully chime in and add usefull information as this thread progesses. programming champs like @mpeugeot could chime in with ideas or theories as well. this will need to be a group effort to succeed.

I will be adding more information soon.

Screenshot_20230919_141710_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_112550_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would essentially be creating the most desirable Bronco in the world that no one else can have (A Bronco Raptor R).

And who knows, if you do this, it may inspire Ford to put the engine in a production Bronco.
I'm assuming he is doing it in a "base program vehicle" because he already has it in hand and has already done some heavy modification to it. One could argue why spend all the money for the Braptor only to rip out the drivetrain. Now if it made the swap easier due to the components already in Braptor, then there would be some justification, but with that not being the case it just seems silly to invest in a Braptor.

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco doesnā€™t have a dedicated TCM. The PCM controls the transmission. So youā€™ll definitely need one from a 10R80 vehicle. Not all 10R80 vehicles have a dedicated one either, some are also controlled via the PCM depending on model/year.
I see a lot of yall talking about the Bronco having a 10R80 transmission. It has a 10R60.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He has a 2dr FE, Al has too good of taste to downgrade like that.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see a lot of yall talking about the Bronco having a 10R80 transmission. It has a 10R60.
Weā€™re talking about a 10R80 because thatā€™s what will be needed to mate to the 5.2
Nobody said the bronco has one.