Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the ADM dealers are about to choke on some Bronco's. I counted 5 for sale on lots Friday in Tyler Texas. I saw a 2 dr CO Big Bend at a Subaru dealership so I stopped. it was a V6 automatic They were asking 43k.
Agree - my dealership flat out does NOT do ADM. Matter of fact, my guy was so proactive that my price protection was ready to go for me and applied to my already significant down payment. Didn't have to wait for a snail mail check...
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Local dealer has 15 on the lot, I think 10 are base and it looks like they added wheels and tires. Lowest "MSRP" is just shy of $59k...

Once you get above base you have to call for price... 🤣🤣🤣

Don't get high on your own supply kids

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For sure trying to find rock rails/steps. The wife is only 4’10” granted it makes the bronco less likely for her to steal it in the morning if she can’t get in. Still want her to enjoy the top down life sometimes. 👍🙌
My other half claims to 4'10" as well, pretty sure she is shrinking and is a generous 4'9". I was lucky and received mine, the bronze not the wife, in Feb22 so not as many options at the time for steps for the height impaired. Ended up getting RockSlide Engineering steps and she loves them They are pretty pricey but happy wife happy life.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The stealies are a thing of beauty 🙄 lol actually would be bad if ford put actually off road tires on them. The base tires look like they were left over from the G1.
As soon as mine wear out, I'm going to get some 265/75-16 Coopers. The AT3 is available in a C load range.

Otherwise, it's possible to pick up a lightly used set of the black steelies from a Black Diamond. Which IMHO are the best of the wheels, and would look great on that Black 4-door

Sponsored

VTR_16

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1st ... CONGRATS!!!!!
The Base has a certain appeal to it, beyond the value pricing.
Closest dealer here adds about $7000 in lift, wheels and tires to the Base and Big Bends and then marks them up $20K+ . No exaggeration.

The issue with the steelies is the width. a 285 is about as wide as you'd want to go, but otherwise I would have ran them.
A set of Black Diamond Steelies painted the same color as the Base steelies would be sweet and hold a better selection of tires.

But yeah, wheels and tires ... no lift needed, at least not immediately.
Here's my before and after:

1676222131510.png
1676222336705.png

Man I love the AMB in the 2-door!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you keep the steelies, you can go 285/75R16E. The 33" fit perfect with no rub! 👊😎
Ford Bronco A guy walks into a dealer… FEBE3D03-1EB1-49D4-BD1D-1F130D76C867
If you paint the Steelies Carbonized Grey satin during the swap, it’s a $20 cost for $2k in looks. The cheap looking silver was a terrible choice from ford. Ford needs to remove head from rear. This tactic of using intentional cheap looking parts to up sell models has backfired. A bunch of people will switch to base if they just put some damned wheels and tires from the factory. Jeep does this with the Willy’s….

@Ford Motor Company, instead of paying people to move down models, make lesser trims attractive from the start. When challenges happen in business, pivot and pivot quickly.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you paint the Steelies Carbonized Grey satin during the swap, it’s a $20 cost for $2k in looks. The cheap looking silver was a terrible choice from ford. Ford needs to remove head from rear. This tactic of using intentional cheap looking parts to up sell models has backfired. A bunch of people will switch to base if they just put some damned wheels and tires from the factory. Jeep does this with the Willy’s….

@Ford Motor Company, instead of paying people to move down models, make lesser trims attractive from the start. When challenges happen in business, pivot and pivot quickly.
I bought a base because of my love for the plain factory silver steelies! The look I love is factory plain, with a manual transmission.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

285s are definitely the more popular choice around here for the base steelies. But I’d suggest you consider 255/85r16. They’re within spec for the width of the steelies, and they look more classic/timeless IMO. Plus, they’re a tiny bit taller (actually 33”) than the 285s.

Dude, those Falkens, that size, look wicked!!

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just found an OB Area 51, 2.7, but would have to give up Lux package, tow hitch, aux switches, roof rails, leather interior, etc.

Listed at MSRP, no ADM. 11k less than what I would order, but available tomorrow, not years from now. Such a tough decision!

Last edited:

SF Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lift… tires… keep the wheels… get rid of those hideous extra 2 doors

JK… glad you got a Bronco… been a week for me with my Badlands 2 dr and I love it

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone. Super excited to be about of the bronco family finally. Here’s the story…

i took the chance of not ordering Or not having a reservation. Figured the way the company was dealing out broncos I would take my chances. Then COVID! No chips! No hard tops. Supply chain issues,etc.Three long years. Last week I happen to be at the dealer for an oil change and they had about 15 broncos on the lot. ( all of which were highly marked up) so hopes dashed right.. WRONG! Found a base 4 door with the stealies. Been sitting on that lot for over 60 days. Told the saleman if they will honor A-plan I’ll take it. ( they turned me down) so I left without a bronco. 😠 2 weeks later. I get a call from the sales guy. They are willing to deal. Awesome. So I am now the proud owner of a 4door black base bronco. Dreams do come true. Never thought I would be able to walk in and buy.
Now the build begins. Send any suggestions. Thanks.

JP

Nice! The Bronco scene will improve a lot, once enough Bronco's saturate the market, and liberate it from the ADM dealers, flippers and dudes scarfing Broncos for every family member. Can't come soon enough.
Sponsored