First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 GT3RS, E30 M3, Land Cruiser, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife loves her new Defender 110 (P400SE) but comparing it to the Bronco is like apples vs. kidney stones....
Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem with the new defender is it should not be a luxury vehicle, but a basic vehicle like it was in the past. Land Rover / Tata has made it into a premium and further ruined it. Go on their b & p, and they basically charge you for every bolt you want to add. The base vehicle quickly becomes a $70K plus vehicle which it should not be for what it is.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
First off, this is just a price comparison... I've own LR before, so I know a bit about them. If nothing else, feature rich, premium materials, highly engineered, premium/luxury cars. So when I look at options pricing, I expect to get gouged. But it's not really the case...

Just looking at available packages (CDN dollars), and I just hope Ford isn't messing with us!
For example... Comfort and convenience package, $935 gets you Meridian Audio (AWESOME system), premium cabin lighting, and front console refrigerator compartment. Bargain, right??

How 'bout Cold Climate pack...
Heated (electrically) windshield, heated washer jets and headlight power washers....
$510
A comparable driver assist pack.. Adaptive cruise, "clear exit monitor" and rear traffic monitor.... $1190

I'd personally opt for ALL of that for that money....

When Ford (survey pricing) saying like (for Badlands) $3200 US for high pack or $5000US for Lux pack?? Ugh!
Mid pack is probably your best bang for your buck...
Let's hope Ford breaks up the packages a little better after that.
All I can say is, WHO CARES! As a former owner of 2 new from the dealer Defender 90's. 1994, 1995. I am SOOOOO disappointed with the new one! Just look at the ugly rims, those awful street tires, the horrible - no utility bumpers. Looks like a Discovery.
Puke!

Ford Bronco A Land Rover Defender package/options comparison PXL_20201015_113531829
Ford Bronco A Land Rover Defender package/options comparison PXL_20201015_113559494

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much is the limited slip? What is on the "X"? model they keep mentioning that raised the price so high?
The X line is all cosmetic vs the HSE. Gloss black hood, side trim, different rear lights, exposed rear tow hooks, different color bumpers. I just got one that I ordered back in February. It's a nice ride. Definitely not the same kind of vehicle as the Bronco will be. Its a posh SUV with off-road capabilities. The Bronco is made for off road and we also drive them on the road.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my opinion, the Defender is unobtainable in my book. The maintenance is going to be outrageous, and the lease deals offered are $1,000/mo with the down payment rolled in (EXCLUDING tax) for a lackluster version stickering in the low to mid $60k range. Do you know what you could lease for $1,000/mo!? A well equipped X5 and a 3 series for the wife.

Sponsored

hotcorner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, 997tts, 1m, RRSport, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the horrible reliability reputation of the JLR brand? Aren't you all but guaranteed to drive a loaner half of your warranty period while yours is in the shop?
Well, I have a Raptor and RR Sport. Raptor has 35k miles and has spent a total of 3 weeks in shop, longest for cam phasers. Several recalls and misc quality issues. RR has 90k, just oil and maintenance and you get loaner. Definitely no loaners at my Ford dealer.

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want a larger engine in a bronco it's $3500. If you want the larger engine in the defender, it's $13,000. That reason alone is why I ditched plans for a defender and reserved a bronco.

In a perfect world, I'd have a nice high powered V8 in a 2014 defender double cab with short bed like in skyfall opening scene. And it would cost $40k.
That Defender pickup is my dream fun car. So awesome!
Sponsored