yfarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Trailer brakes are required at 3500lbs
I routinely use my brake controller to stop my truck without touching the truck brakes as a safety check when towing. My loads are up to 12k on a triple axle trailer with an F250. Do the same with an F150 towing boat trailers up to 7500. Can’t imagine the Bronco with a controller will have any issue with 3500 lbs. No brakes on your 3000 lb trailer who knows until reports come in.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trailer brakes are required at 3500lbs
I routinely use my brake controller to stop my truck without touching the truck brakes as a safety check when towing. My loads are up to 12k on a triple axle trailer with an F250. Do the same with an F150 towing boat trailers up to 7500. Can’t imagine the Bronco with a controller will have any issue with 3500 lbs. No brakes on your 3000 lb trailer who knows until reports come in.
My trailer (loaded with all my crap and full propane tanks) is probably in the 3k range without trailer brakes. Below 70 MPH it is a non-issue towing. I suspect that I could easily pull 5k lbs at speeds up to 55 MPH, and that's with a 2 door. I do have a trailer brake controller now, but I didn't have one initially to bring the trailer home.

I don't like towing above 75 MPH with my travel trailer and a 2 door Bronco, but I know that I can. I have never felt like I didn't have the ability to easily get the combination stopped safely.