Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be clear, you called me out. I will absolutely stand by and defend my words when questioned. The Rotax's PWC's only have them to keep motors from injecting large objects. The dual motor SeaDoo's and Yamhas carry them over to the boats for convenience. In a marine application, you would be hard pressed to put your turbo in danger dusting it and therefore would not be in any danger of running the K&N. I only post opinions when my experiments or experience shows conclusive evidence. I gave an opinion to help others based on my experience and you pounced. There's nothing wrong with you sharing your experience. I have been wrong many many times in my life, but when you personally experience things like K&N's being the cause of compressor wheel or compressor housing damage, it can't be denied even if you haven't seen it in your applications. I usually don't pipe up on these technical conversations for this reason, but I felt like people should know others experiences and make their own decision.
I am a former K&N fan.
I have an OCD Ferrari Friend. He related to me years ago about an earthmoving company who switched part of their fleet to K&N. These guys are religious about oil sampling.
Their experience was that the oil particulates in the K&N equipped equipment (see what I did there?) was thru the roof.
K&N is probably OK for a boat...I have not seen many dusty lakes, but I won't run them in a dusty environment.

Jossman

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150,2011 Mustang,2013 F150,2006 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have always run K+N Air Filters but have been reading they are too loose in air., box on the Broncos.Called K+N + they said have had no problems[of course they are selling them].Anyone having any problems with K+N not sealing?Have looked at Whipple also but they gouge you on the shipping!!

243291527_415372156611309_3794955312302819884_n.jpeg

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First off, why do you need a pre-filter for a filter??? That filter doesn't even look bad, you should see my 6.7L diesel's filter. It's like $60 and at first I would change at every oil change. That was getting expensive. This was my first diesel and the filter has a Filter Minder on it which basically measures the differential before and after filter. I've yet to see that trip and will definitely change my filter on it way before so. The last time I changed it, it had roughly 15k to 20k on it and looked horrible on the inlet side but looked great on the outlet side. After having my diesel, I wondered why I changed my gas motors air filters every oil change. They all looked way better than my diesel's filter and yet it never tripped the Filter Minder, meaning the motor was getting all the air it needed, even dirty as hell...

Food for thought...

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I know of yet. If they do hopefully oil less

Project farm did a test on reusable filters and it’s just not good. They increase the 0-60 time by 1/10 of a second. But the engine is sucking in so much more large particles, literally 3000 large particle vs 130.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone found any replacement filters? My dealer says they are back ordered. I just keep blowing mine out with an air hose.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not. Roush has a CAI that comes with a dust cover that covers the reusable filter.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does K&N make a re-usable yet?
That would be about the worst thing you could use for a vehicle that goes off-road and sucks dirt. Put a prefilter sock on your conventional air filter and call it a day.

I've used serviceable K&N filters in my Highlander and V-Rod and am religious about cleaning and re-oiling them (which no one ever does)

I use a different brand (Enviro-vent) for my Cummins diesels in the boat. In a clean environment, re-useable air filters are fantastic but must be serviced regularly to perform.

Serviceable air filters are good for increasing airflow and horsepower by decreasing filtration. in other words, not good for off-road use. The oil will literally cake solid with powdery dirt in short order.

Don't take my word for it:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Project farm did a test on reusable filters and it’s just not good. They increase the 0-60 time by 1/10 of a second. But the engine is sucking in so much more large particles, literally 3000 large particle vs 130.
We think alike, I posted the same vid. I saw that video a while back and it really sunk in how much marketing goes behind things like filters. I run serviceable filters on a few things but they all run on roads or clean environments like a boat.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone found any replacement filters? My dealer says they are back ordered. I just keep blowing mine out with an air hose.
Rockauto has them in stock every time I look.