Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on if you really want the Bronco now or not.
When I ordered mine it was because I wanted it and plan on keeping it for a long time. I couldn’t care less if some knucklehead is willing to pay $10k over list for it or not. It’s my Bronco, as I wanted it, and as I ordered it. I also kind of look at part of the “price” for the Bronco being the 16 months since reserving it. That cost is hard to put a $$ figure on given all the delays and machinations that occurred. My 2 cents…..
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with the folks who state that you, as a private seller, are certainly within your rights to OFFER the vehicle for sale at whatever price you want. Nobody has to buy it. Dealers similarly can offer inventory at higher prices if they think that's in their best interest. Although, I wouldn't pay over MSRP for any vehicle ever. The dealers who are marking up special orders are in the wrong in my opinion. That is unethical and shouldn't be tolerated by the buying public.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only excuse to flip one IMO, is if the dealer messed up your order and hopes you'll back out, so THEY can flip it at markup. If they screwed up, you can flip it for the one you want.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting for the next facelift is rolling the dice. My Camaro and my current Jeep are both examples, IMO, where the next facelift looked awful.
Definitely a gamble. Hopefully there would be enough of a warning on the reveal to order a 6G before the changeover.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We flip F150s every year, sometimes every 6 months. My opinion is - take advantage of the situation you're in. How many other vehicles out there actually appreciate in value after you've bought them? When your Bronco arrives, order another one. When the second one arrives, sell the first one. It's like the housing market - you don't feel bad selling your house to the next buyer at a profit do you? Why would you feel bad about this?

At the end of the day, it's a piece of metal. The market just happens to be valuing this piece of metal quite favorably right now. They'll hold their value for a long time, but right now because of the shortages, the market is red hot. Take advantage.

Unless you are absolutely in LOVE with that vehicle, then great, keep it!

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*shrug* If you find a buyer that will pay enough to make it worth it, go for it. But, after taxes and all that, the amount of profit might not be all you think especially once you factor in time.

All that said, I'm with you. I've waited too long to get mine and I plan to keep my Bronco till I die and I don't want to start the whole process over.

Roamania

Black Diamond
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Sequoia V8 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I’ve lately had two arguments with my older brother about the Bronco, my plan is to purchase the Bronco and keep it for the rest of my life, his take is that I should join the ranks of those that are flipping the Bronco to cash in on some poor soul that is willing to spend the extra cash to get it faster. I do not feel that I can consciously do that because I feel that I wouldn’t want it done to me so I won’t do it to anyone else. I know we have a mixed crowd on here but I just wanted to put it out there. Ive also said that I would rather just let it go and not purchase the vehicle if this is going to cause a rift, which gained more scrutiny because I then would also be passing up a huge return on my “investment”, SMH. Anyway, I’m sure I will get both support and insults but as for now I am sticking to my guns and not willing to take advantage of some other poor Bronco lover.
There are people who are wealthy enough that you're not taking advantage of them. Broncos are not expensive cars as cars go. They are, however, for the moment exclusive. So instead of dropping $140K for a Mercedes G550 SUV, paying you an extra $20K lets them turn heads in an exclusive ride. You never know, maybe you're saving them from a more expensive purchase?

You should do this and immediately reserve a new Bronco. Now the buyer has given you a down payment and prepaid for a year or two of your car payments.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve lately had two arguments with my older brother about the Bronco, my plan is to purchase the Bronco and keep it for the rest of my life, his take is that I should join the ranks of those that are flipping the Bronco to cash in on some poor soul that is willing to spend the extra cash to get it faster. I do not feel that I can consciously do that because I feel that I wouldn’t want it done to me so I won’t do it to anyone else. I know we have a mixed crowd on here but I just wanted to put it out there. Ive also said that I would rather just let it go and not purchase the vehicle if this is going to cause a rift, which gained more scrutiny because I then would also be passing up a huge return on my “investment”, SMH. Anyway, I’m sure I will get both support and insults but as for now I am sticking to my guns and not willing to take advantage of some other poor Bronco lover.
I would keep it. I think there is a lot of hype with some folks listing their Broncos for $10k-$30k over MSRP. Are they actually selling at that price? How much would you actually clear after taxes? Most important (to me), how much time and effort would it take to entertain offers, test drives, no-shows, tire kickers, etc.?

If I flipped mine, I know I would kick myself each time I saw one on the road as I waited for my re-order for the next 12-16 months. Granted, I have only actually seen 1 on the road so far.

When you are retired, tooling around in the Bronco with your brother, you can just look at him and say "See, I told you so."

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really difficult. You wanted a Bronco, that's why you ordered it so keep it. Will you still want a Bronco and reorder after you sell it? Than don't sell it, keep it.

Prices are not going down and you will pay more for a future Bronco even at MSRP. How much more? Who knows, but then you have to buy another production lottery ticket and waste your time on B6G and youtube drooling and being jealous over everyone who has theirs and enjoying them. It's not like you are winning the lottery (though you could put the earnings into the lottery and then maybe!). If you are even thinking about purchasing a new car these days is $10k even all that much money? I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but if you are even considering buying a brand new vehicle, especially one that is not very practical and is all about fun, than I $10k isn't going to get you very far ahead unless you reconsider and buy something practical after all. You really think after paying taxes and registration you will actually make all that much?

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, you do you. If flipping your Bronco that you've waited for puts some coin in your pocket and makes you happy, then go for it. It's only going to increase the value of my Bronco, perceived or real, not that I really care.

I've regretted selling my '72 everyday for 24 years. I made a good buck on it, and thought I was doing the right thing as I was much younger and dumber. It was a special rig, even outfitted by Make a Wish and the 4WD shop I worked my first job at as a kid before I had cancer later on in high school. But it needed a little work that I didn't have the means or time to give it and thought I'd get something a little more "practical", I figured I'd be able to replace it again someday if they ever made the Bronco again. That day is finally here, almost anyway. And while my first Bronco should've been priceless, I can assure you I won't be making that mistake again.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have never and will never sell a car for more then half what I put into it.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Due to the many trims with build constraints as well as the new allocation formula, it looks like Ford is going to start making dealer inventory units. If you are going to flip your rig, you better be getting it soon. Seems the madness of ridiculous pricing should be ending over the next year. Just my two cents.

This will be my first new vehicle, other than my wife's minivans, in about 30 years. It's my retirement vehicle. I certainly don't plan to flip mine (no idea when I'll see it with a week two reservation), but if someone wants to overpay, I suppose I'd listen.
Ditto. My last new vehicle was 1980. My wife has had many. Wanting a new daily driver that will last me till I can't drive anymore. However, I would have no qualms whatsoever about turning it for a profit. Whoever would buy it would be happy to pay and would have the money.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being in the former category you suggest, it is easier to wait it out. I figure trying to get it to flip it adds more stress and anxiety as the longer it takes to get it, the supply of suckers willing to pay stupid money for it dwindles. :unsure:
Unless it's a lemon, I'll keep it until the end ;)

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are things in my life that I want immediately but can't get. When that happens, I'm willing to pay the mark up. No one is taking advantage of me, it's a decision I made. If I didn't have a Bronco on the way, I would gladly pay a mark up for one.
Sponsored