First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I’ve lately had two arguments with my older brother about the Bronco, my plan is to purchase the Bronco and keep it for the rest of my life, his take is that I should join the ranks of those that are flipping the Bronco to cash in on some poor soul that is willing to spend the extra cash to get it faster. I do not feel that I can consciously do that because I feel that I wouldn’t want it done to me so I won’t do it to anyone else. I know we have a mixed crowd on here but I just wanted to put it out there. Ive also said that I would rather just let it go and not purchase the vehicle if this is going to cause a rift, which gained more scrutiny because I then would also be passing up a huge return on my “investment”, SMH. Anyway, I’m sure I will get both support and insults but as for now I am sticking to my guns and not willing to take advantage of some other poor Bronco lover.
Personally I would keep it bc of my financial situation. If I was in a situation where 10k would help me I'd sell it.

To touch base on what you mentioned of a "poor soul".

This is a Bronco. It's a commodity. If someone is willing to spend 100k on a 60k car bc they want it now it's not taking advantage of anyone. It's a choice they're making for something not essential.

If a car was essential to them they could spend 20k instead.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is my house a home or an investment? Surely I could sell it now and make a bunch of money, but I like my house. I want to live here. I enjoy my neighbors and my town. I derive a personal value greater than the money that would come from selling it.

The Bronco might be no different. If you enjoy driving it, going on adventures, taking the top and doors off, then keeping it is a greater value than the profit you will recieve.

Now, if you drive the Bronco and think, "meh" or somehow it doesn't provide a value greater than the profit you will reap, then sell it and get. that. money. And don't feel bad about it.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP don't take this to heart as an attack or anything but if I had a dollar for every time I saw a "keep it for the rest of my life" post in a vehicle forum only to see that poster disappear from the forums in 2-3 years after they moved on to a new vehicle I wouldn't be waiting for a Bronco as I would be driving in the first one that arrived at the Ford dealership I own.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dave, buddy, it's your money, your choice. To hell with what anyone else things, even you brother. Unless he is helping pay for the cost of the Bronco he has no say in what you do with it. Pretty simple to me.

I had an older brother myself. I had to tell him several time he's not my Father, and that I'm a grown ass man that will make his own decisions. I would gave my life for him, but he could be a real pain in the ass sometimes. Like someone said, "what brothers argue about". :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 37 on Autotrader near me all indicate that the market is strong for FE's, warm for Badlands and Wildtracks. Anything else, who knows.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perhaps you need a therapist and maybe a glass of warm milk? Seriously, we're talking about a car here. World peace doesn't hang in the balance. Be a man, do what you want and stop whining.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really difficult. You wanted a Bronco, that's why you ordered it so keep it. Will you still want a Bronco and reorder after you sell it? Than don't sell it, keep it.

Prices are not going down and you will pay more for a future Bronco even at MSRP. How much more? Who knows, but then you have to buy another production lottery ticket and waste your time on B6G and youtube drooling and being jealous over everyone who has theirs and enjoying them. It's not like you are winning the lottery (though you could put the earnings into the lottery and then maybe!). If you are even thinking about purchasing a new car these days is $10k even all that much money? I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but if you are even considering buying a brand new vehicle, especially one that is not very practical and is all about fun, than I $10k isn't going to get you very far ahead unless you reconsider and buy something practical after all. You really think after paying taxes and registration you will actually make all that much?
I would say that prices will indeed come down in a year or so once rental car status is achieved by the Bronco. It’s not a limited edition vehicle

Also $10k is a lot of money even if you’re kinda rich lol

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
buy it
keep it
enjoy it

you don't have to answer to anyone else

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP don't take this to heart as an attack or anything but if I had a dollar for every time I saw a "keep it for the rest of my life" post in a vehicle forum only to see that poster disappear from the forums in 2-3 years after they moved on to a new vehicle I wouldn't be waiting for a Bronco as I would be driving in the first one that arrived at the Ford dealership I own.
yeah unless you’re in your 80s, I’m not believing the “keep it for the rest of my life crowd”

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO. Once we all take delivery, the market will be saturated so that the Bronco will no longer have more value than MSRP. In short term, Supply vs Demand. Demand and ROI drops, as Supply increases.

Unless the magnesium and chip shortages inflict further delays (any unforeseen commodity shortages can cause a similar disruption) past 2022, It seems unlikely that the market will allow exorbitant prices in the future

But hey, If you can get a reasonable valuefor your ride and you feel comfortable selling it. You do you!

OP
OP
Sandbergo

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for all the responses whether they be what I want to hear or need to hear, not trying to complain just wanted to know if there was any merit to my argument. The only way I won’t keep it for the rest of my life is if it breaks catastrophically and the cost out weigh the replacement, to each their own.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah unless you’re in your 80s, I’m not believing the “keep it for the rest of my life crowd”
Everyone is different. Some of us keep cars for a long time. If I keep the Bronco (my second new car in my life) as long as I have kept the first one I'll be nearly 80. So it's possible. Really depends on how well built the Bronco is. :)

pawhitejr

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are people who are wealthy enough that you're not taking advantage of them. Broncos are not expensive cars as cars go. They are, however, for the moment exclusive. So instead of dropping $140K for a Mercedes G550 SUV, paying you an extra $20K lets them turn heads in an exclusive ride. You never know, maybe you're saving them from a more expensive purchase?

You should do this and immediately reserve a new Bronco. Now the buyer has given you a down payment and prepaid for a year or two of your car payments.
You obviously haven't priced G550s lately. The markup on a G makes the Bronco markup look like chump change . . .

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badland sales have been averaging $14,140 above sticker on eBay. I mean, at least that's what I heard.
Sponsored