First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a functional difference between the MIC and painted?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does this impact the addition sound deadening material option?
that isn't what the high package includes. It's not extra sound deadening on the top.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand the complaints about this, but I’m an FE reservation holder and what it means to me is they’re lining up to have mine built early. If you look at Bronco Sport forum, the FE people seem to be getting their VINs first. So yes, I have less customization, but I’m happy that it at least appears I’ll be early in production and honestly don’t mind what top I get. The beauty of these is that you take the top off as much as possible! Trying to use that slogan with my wife as well, but not working!

Sponsored

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Big question is what Late availability means. Could be just a month or two so most here will be unaffected anyway, could be 90% of the year and be a near non existent option. Bronco Sport colors were a huge issue, but it just ended up being a month or so of production, I hope this turns out the same way.
That's exactly what I'm stuck on, late availability??? The reservation spot is held but delivery is delayed for the painted mod top? Knowing them, late means Spring 2022 lol. Ford...I knew they had one last curveball :rolleyes:

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I understand the complaints about this, but I’m an FE reservation holder and what it means to me is they’re lining up to have mine built early. If you look at Bronco Sport forum, the FE people seem to be getting their VINs first. So yes, I have less customization, but I’m happy that it at least appears I’ll be early in production and honestly don’t mind what top I get. The beauty of these is that you take the top off as much as possible! Trying to use that slogan with my wife as well, but not working!

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's super easy to plastidip the mic hard top in whatever color you want even white, especially since you can just take it off the vehicle. And it's 100% removable.
Is this true? Is it durable? I thought the MIC top would have to be sanded down to be painted.

Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

one of many supplier issues that will be well an issue
Very likely more disappointing news to come before now and June 2021... unfortunately

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, I do not understand the outrage. This seems to be out of the control of ford. In addition, you now have the option of saving $1,900. I understand, it sucks if you really want the black top now. Still, I think what Ford is offering is very fair to most. However, white roofs should be an option based on this information. Saving $1,900 is a big deal to me.
The problem I have with it, is that the black painted top also included black grill and mirror caps to match. So I either wait on availability, which let's be honest, could be 4 months, could be a year (and I would lean to the latter given recent history), or I go ahead and get the MIC top and order in a black hard top when it's available (if that's even possible, which again who knows at this point), so now I have a black hard top with unmatched grills and mirrors. Will the price of the hard top include the local Ford dealer body shop painting my grill and mirrors? That question is rhetorical.

BMG40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's awesome. I love the Ford advertisement on the big screen in the background. Perfect!
HA! I didn't even notice that - and I've used this gif frequently.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is going to look HORRIBLE for guys trying to get AMB, such as myself. This really kills me inside. It really really does. I said yesterday, this was my biggest fear as even money cant fix the MIC top. First no white, now no black.
Sponsored