Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know if that is a production top or not..what I can tell you is that is black....all day long. And it ties the entire rig together.
I am waiting the extra time for a black factory top.
Top pic is preproduction. Bottom pic is what we're getting.
lpMUWTPrgYUGhmb-800x450-noPad.jpg
Sponsored

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ll definitely wait for a flat black, black MIC, top, whatever Ford wants to call it, if theyā€™ll do one
I don't know if that is a production top or not..what I can tell you is that is black....all day long. And it ties the entire rig together.
I am waiting the extra time for a black factory top.

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely the black top looks better in every way. Hereā€™s to hoping, I guess ??āœŒ?
That's what I am saying.
Black top pays huge dividends to the overall look. There is just no two ways about it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Top pic is preproduction. Bottom pic is what we're getting.
Ford lied to the world with all the 'release' interiors....and continued to lie during their national roadtrip when they mostly showcased a black Bronco with a painted lack mod top.

If ever there was a company who deserved an $8 share price, and a "junk" debt rating, it is Ford

Sponsored

cjduffie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MISC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its interesting that there is not any reference to it being Gray (or any other color) in the B&P, and the CGI pics look blackish. Maybe Ford was listening?

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m actually thinking of waiting. I thought Iā€™d never be ā€œone of those dudesā€ whoā€™s just too picky. But fucking grey top. Jesus. Wtf. I am sincerely disappointed to say the least. Shit man.

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not just the hard top but none of the other components are even similar. The front bumper is black, the grill is blackish, the fenders and mirrors are charcoal, and the hard top is faded grey.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 5C0894F4-BBDE-4232-B7D5-73D61B6C8C8C

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am aware of what is currently being offered, but it certainly isn't what I am getting.
You?
I'm ordering Wildtrak which is supposed to come with Black painted top. Hopefully Ford will let us put our order's in and wait for them to become available, instead of forcing us to take the Gray tops. I'm learning quickly that nothing makes much sense when it comes to Ford's decision making.

Heymking

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe itā€™ll work out In the next few months... like, just a flat black top, or MiC black ??
68DFBC99-670E-4C5F-AEDC-A762B1A3586F.jpeg

It's not just the hard top but none of the other components are even similar. The front bumper is black, the grill is blackish, the fenders and mirrors are charcoal, and the hard top is faded grey.

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 68DFBC99-670E-4C5F-AEDC-A762B1A3586F
Hoping that itā€™s hot painted
It will come, but it will only be standard on WT unless something changes.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 68DFBC99-670E-4C5F-AEDC-A762B1A3586F
Gordo, wtf. Looks like a bunch of parts out of the parts bin which donā€™t really match. Even the hood hooks/fins or whatever they are are black.

I signed your petition and added to my sig.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Iā€™m actually thinking of waiting. I thought Iā€™d never be ā€œone of those dudesā€ whoā€™s just too picky. But fucking grey top. Jesus. Wtf. I am sincerely disappointed to say the least. Shit man.
I'm right there with you.
They're certain things folks can live with an others that are show stoppers.
Me? I can let certain things in the interior go..not a huge deal to me. The exterior is a big bigger deal and if I have the ability to wait and get black from the factory (along with the black side mirrors and grille) then I'll wait.

The gray top doesn't bother some dudes so it's cool for them. Rock it.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm ordering Wildtrak which is supposed to come with Black painted top. Hopefully Ford will let us put our order's in and wait for them to become available, instead of forcing us to take the Gray tops. I'm learning quickly that nothing makes much sense when it comes to Ford's decision making.
You can put in your order with the painted black top and they'll hold your place in line until that commodity becomes available. So your reservation still helps, it just will be behind others who chose the gray top which was available earlier.
Sponsored