First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3/27 OG Order now 2024 Cactus Grey Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I’m seeing my March order would cost about 2k more if I ordered it today.
Hahaha yeop. Would be 2k more for my build as well...Actually just put in a fresh order at another dealer 2 weeks ago and today's price is 1.5k more lol
Sponsored

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did the sasquatch package on the Badlands get to be a $5200 option?

Anywho, looks like my 2 door badlands build would be about $56k that we paid just over $48k for, but I can't add the beadlocks anymore as they are a constraint. If I add the soft top that I definitely didn't pay 2480 for, it's now a $59k 2 door manual trans SUV. Over $9k more than we paid last year. Insane.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just looked at my order I placed on 5/20/23. Appears the mid year bump for my build is:

Base Black Diamond 2 door = $250 increase
Sasquatch package = $600 increase
Destination and delivery = $100 increase

I'm thinking a bigger increase is staring down the barrel for MY23.

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this effect orders that are currently being built/shipped?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for the increases, two things:

For those who already have one, it's rare that we can buy a car and not see it's value drop like a rock right after we drive it off the lot and these price increases keep our value higher. My $29,300 base price, two weeks too late to get the original $28,500, is now what I paid with modular bumpers, Sasquatch & aux switches, so yea haw!

Second, Supply & Demand: As long as there is a high demand and Ford has to keep closing the order banks, meanwhile dealers have people still wanting to order when the order banks are closed, some with wait lists, Ford is going to look for ways to offset losses from selling 3 years of production at original order prices, PP/PO.

But it's still supply and demand. If prices keep rising and still demand remains, another manufacture will see value in creating a Bronco/Jeep competitor and then prices will become competitive again. And we'll have a third option to push the competition. Who'd like to see an 85 style 4 Runner with removable top? Or a Blazer? Or a????
On the first point, the big car manufacturers want to sell a lot of cars. Eventually production constraints and price rises will start to affect the repeat purchase curve, so Ford has a long term interest in keeping prices stable and within reach. What I wonder if this is where Ford sees the end of ICE and this is a late-era premium before the pullback to e-drives only. There's a lot in flux and overbuilding to meet demand with a sunset of a few years is probably not in the cards.

On the second, I wish people would get real and stop paying the crazy prices. All things considered, people need to put away the piggy banks and hammers.

On the third, how come nobody pines for an old school Ram Charger??? lol 🤐 (An '86 was my second college-era car, a Prospector!) I would like to see Chevy really compete with an updated Blazer, for one.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does this effect orders that are currently being built/shipped?
If you received a signed DORA when you originally ordered, you will not be charged any extra.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess somebody has to help pay for all those F150 Lightings and Mustang Mach-E’s just sitting in the shipping yards and dealer lots.

Of course, the dealers ain’t helping the sales by having $5-10K ADM on the side stickers

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes. Again? Greed, pure and simple. I didn't keep track, but the prices are nuts now compared to what they were over a year ago when I started looking and scheming.

The price creep is deflating my interest. What will they cost by the time I'm actually able to order the 2-door base Sasquatch I want? One would be great sitting among the other Fords in my second garage, but the current JL is fine too.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wild. Mine is now $8,340 more that what I paid.

Sponsored

BDBronco603

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yikes. Again? Greed, pure and simple. I didn't keep track, but the prices are nuts now compared to what they were over a year ago when I started looking and scheming.

The price creep is deflating my interest. What will they cost by the time I'm actually able to order the 2-door base Sasquatch I want? One would be great sitting among the other Fords in my second garage, but the current JL is fine too.
Could see $50k base models by 2025 if they keep up the rate of increases lol

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm now driving a vehicle I could not afford if I bought it new today. 😲

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Launch Edition TRX was $92k in 2021. To order a TRX with the exact same equipment today costs buyers $110k. Markets for all brands are nuts right now.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the third, how come nobody pines for an old school Ram Charger??? lol 🤐 (An '86 was my second college-era car, a Prospector!) I would like to see Chevy really compete with an updated Blazer, for one.
Hence my multiple ??? at the end. The Dodge Power Rams were cool too (remember when Chuck drove one out of the groundo_O); I could have listed a few others too. And, I was going to add that Kia & Hyundai like to copy other manufactures too, for a while it was Ford's SUVs then it became more of the Europeans coping BMW and now it's Audi with their Genesis platforms.
Sponsored