Sponsored

Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue?

First Name
Alexaa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just checking to see if any 2023 Bronco owners are experiencing the window rattle issue that affects some 2021 and 2022 Broncos (SSM 50711). This is the issue where the window rattles while driving over bumps with the window in the partially down position. I have tried adjusting it a number of times and the best I can do is make it a little better. It still rattles quite a bit over even very minor roadway imperfections.

I guess I am kind of hoping that Ford has worked out the issue for 2023 and I can have my dealer do some research and see what has changed so they can fix my rattling window.
I have a 2023 bronco sport (base), i have window or trim rattling in the front driver window area ASWELL as the the 2 rear side windows near the hatch , im literally going crazy, cuz it just started happening todayā€¦ Iā€™ll shat my pants if these windows blow on me. Iā€™ve heard of some 2021-2023 broncos having window blowout issues. HELLPPP.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2023 bronco sport (base), i have window or trim rattling in the front driver window area ASWELL as the the 2 rear side windows near the hatch , im literally going crazy, cuz it just started happening todayā€¦ Iā€™ll shat my pants if these windows blow on me. Iā€™ve heard of some 2021-2023 broncos having window blowout issues. HELLPPP.
Since the Bronco sport is much different than a full size Bronco, you may have better luck with help on this site.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
'23 Outer Banks 4D here. Yes, I have the window rattle issue. I've complained about it to the dealer and was told there was no fix for it. Seems to primarily affect the driver window, but have observed minor rattle/play in other windows.

DirectHit

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 23 wildtrack has the problem. Its a 2 door and if I have the driver window cracked at all it rattles over every bump.

I have resorted to the fact that my 60k plus vehicles that I love that are also extremely capable off-road have issues of one thing or another and learn to live with it.

ZEN50

Badlands
First Name
Zenon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/ 86 GT, Capri & Turbo Coupe/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, it's 2024 and still no fix for this? My 4-month-old 23 Badlands is doing this, drives me crazy!

Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So much for the TSB coming out in late 2023

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BIt late to the thread, but yes, my 2023 4DR BD does this.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco 2 Dr, ā€˜68 Mercury Cougar, ā€˜68 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frameless windows have created all these window issues just so it would be easier to remove and store the doors. Not a good trade off in my opinion.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I do appreciate all of the above responses, I am specifically looking for input from 2023 owners. I do not see any replies from the owners of 2023 Broncos.

So what say you B6G??? Any 2023 Bronco owners have the window rattle? Or has Ford quietly fixed this issue and I need to do some research on what the fix was?
My ā€˜23 BL 2DR has it as well. Doesnā€™t take much to make it start up.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Frameless windows have created all these window issues just so it would be easier to remove and store the doors. Not a good trade off in my opinion.
Between rattles and playing whack-a-mole with air leaks I fully agree.

I have much older vehicles that have none of these issues and I think it is largely because the windows are framed.

Lawman

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
23 Wildtrak. Had it in to the dealer for service and asked them to look at it.
they never even looked at it or put it on the service order!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

23 Wildtrak. Had it in to the dealer for service and asked them to look at it.
they never even looked at it or put it on the service order!
That's probably because nothing they do is going to help the issue until Ford released a fix for it.

Rezkue1

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Yaā€™ll, yep, have a ā€˜22 4D Badlands where both front windows rattle so bad that i fear they would possibly shatter. I get the wind whistles on the highway or high winds (North Texas) from the rear windows. This morning I got stuck, couldnā€™t get out of the driver side because the window wouldnā€™t roll down enough had to climb out the passenger side.

Iā€™ve been to the @GrapevineFordManager dealer several times starting back in early 2023 to be told itā€™s a known issue and the fix is coming in Q4 of 2023. Fast forward to early 2024, I take it in, 2 weeks later that ticket has been superseded by another ticket stating the fix is now coming Q3 of 2024.

I contact @Ford Motor Company through this forum, created a case, told once reviewed I would get a call, months later no call no nothing.

I call the dealer this morning because Iā€™ve had enough, they said call Ford Motor company customer relations, after a couple transfers, Iā€™m told to contact NHTSA https://www.nhtsa.gov/ and have them start an investigation and possible recall.

So, it might help if yā€™all call NHTSA
(888) 327-4236 and file a case to get a recall going.
@Ford Motor Company is not doing anything but delay a fix to a serious issue.

IMG_1478.jpeg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello Yaā€™ll, yep, have a ā€˜22 4D Badlands where both front windows rattle so bad that i fear they would possibly shatter. I get the wind whistles on the highway or high winds (North Texas) from the rear windows. This morning I got stuck, couldnā€™t get out of the driver side because the window wouldnā€™t roll down enough had to climb out the passenger side.

Iā€™ve been to the @GrapevineFordManager dealer several times starting back in early 2023 to be told itā€™s a known issue and the fix is coming in Q4 of 2023. Fast forward to early 2024, I take it in, 2 weeks later that ticket has been superseded by another ticket stating the fix is now coming Q3 of 2024.

I contact @Ford Motor Company through this forum, created a case, told once reviewed I would get a call, months later no call no nothing.

I call the dealer this morning because Iā€™ve had enough, they said call Ford Motor company customer relations, after a couple transfers, Iā€™m told to contact NHTSA https://www.nhtsa.gov/ and have them start an investigation and possible recall.

So, it might help if yā€™all call NHTSA
(888) 327-4236 and file a case to get a recall going.
@Ford Motor Company is not doing anything but delay a fix to a serious issue.

IMG_1478.jpeg
They arenā€™t going to issue a recall because of a noise.
If you have a problem with the window going up or down, that is a completely unrelated concern to the current SSM about a rattle over bumps.
Sponsored