Sponsored

Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue?

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My driver side window will sometime rattle when going over certain bad bumps and the window is fully up. If the window is lowered by an inch or more, no rattle. I tightened the nut at the bottom of the door as many have - maybe I just need to do it again, it's been about 6 months. Any other fix?
Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the same issue but mine rattles even in the up position. Dealerships telling me they donā€™t know what to do, Iā€™ve heard the real fix is getting them to replace the window regulator.
I thought Ford was coming out with a fix in Q4? My front passenger window shakes so bad when I open the door I am afraid itā€™s going to shatter. Itā€™s the only one that does it

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does anyone not have this issue?

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped mine off at the dealer a week ago with a 2022 for the SSM listed while flashing the wiper motor module update. They left this in the car and said the fix isnā€™t developed yet.

Ford Bronco Any 2023 Bronco owners have the Window Rattle issue? IMG_0598

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought Ford was coming out with a fix in Q4? My front passenger window shakes so bad when I open the door I am afraid itā€™s going to shatter. Itā€™s the only one that does it
Thatā€™s the latest information. Q4 isnā€™t over yet. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it takes longer, but we will see.

Sponsored

Sargebt

Everglades
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Everglades, 2022 F250
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
While I do appreciate all of the above responses, I am specifically looking for input from 2023 owners. I do not see any replies from the owners of 2023 Broncos.

So what say you B6G??? Any 2023 Bronco owners have the window rattle? Or has Ford quietly fixed this issue and I need to do some research on what the fix was?
I had it on my 23 Everglades. Pull the bottom pieces out and adjusted them. Seems to have cleared the issue. My issue I have is in crosswinds my passenger side whistles at high speeds. Seems all model years are the same

RAC-Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
RAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have two different but similar rattles.

I have the window rattle on the passenger side. Sort of a tap tap tap when I hit even the smallest bump or make sharp turns. It only happens when the window is completely up. It will stop when I crack the window even a tiny bit. It just started doing this two days ago after having the car for three months.

I have another rattle that sounds like it is coming from under the console, essentially under the cup holders. Sounds like a small stone that slides and rattles.

Overall, this thing is WAY WAY WAY quieter than my most recent JL Wrangler Unlimited. That thing might have given me permanent hearing loss.

desertfox

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another Badlands 2023 with window rattle when I open the driver side door smh

tgoodchild17

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Explorer, 15 XC60, 18 GTI, 87 325i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2023 Wildtrak with window rattle when I open the driver side door. Dealer said they could find nothing wrong.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I roll either side down at highway speeds and hit a bump, it is rattle city.

Not sure why Ford did not frame the window for more rigidity/stability.

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't think it is easily fixable unless Ford actually makes them thicker.

Bronco's door window glass feels so flimsy which that probably caused all the rattles as it bumps into the door frame when the road surface isn't perfect. I had a BMW convertible in the past, same frameless window just like the Bronco, but it was rock solid.

Every time when I wipe/clean my Bronco's door window, it has so much play if its like its going to break.

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I re-applied the fix described here to the driver's door of my ā€˜22 2DR Wildtrak and it's better. Listening closely whether itā€™s been eliminated completely.

Last edited:

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I do appreciate all of the above responses, I am specifically looking for input from 2023 owners. I do not see any replies from the owners of 2023 Broncos.

So what say you B6G??? Any 2023 Bronco owners have the window rattle? Or has Ford quietly fixed this issue and I need to do some research on what the fix was?
I have. the 2023 Wildtrak and my driver's window rattles. This should not happen on an any frameless windows, let alone, an expensive model. I am thinking I will call Ford customer relations?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine rattles so bad I worry it will break sometimes. The new thing I've noticed is on really cold days the roof creaks and cracks like it's breaking a bit - almost like popping ice.

This is not a very well built vehicle.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the window rattle on the passenger side. Sort of a tap tap tap when I hit even the smallest bump or make sharp turns. It only happens when the window is completely up. It will stop when I crack the window even a tiny bit. It just started doing this two days ago after having the car for three months.
When I get dust on the seal on the passenger side and the window moves a little, it sounds like that. Also I think down inside the door. I'll clean the seal and wet the window and roll up/down several times and it goes away. Until the next off roading adventure, that is. šŸ˜
Sponsored