Sponsored

POLL: MIC top owners, Do you have the side cracking issue?

MIC: How many are experiencing the hairline side cracks?

• My replacement top is also cracking.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would they cover it after warranty is up? That’s not how a warranty works lol

If you don’t have any issues in the first 3 years or 36k miles, then it’ll probably be fine. The ones having issues seem to be happening much sooner than that. Either way, there’s a warranty time Limit for a reason.
If Ford warranties issues on every vehicle after the warranty is up, they’d be out of business.
Is the MIC covered under the 36 month warranty? And not the 12?
Many manufacturers when they see they have a problem, extend the warranty to cover that issue for many years into the future. If this keeps happening, FORD should consider doing the same.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the MIC covered under the 36 month warranty? And not the 12?
Many manufacturers when they see they have a problem, extend the warranty to cover that issue for many years into the future. If this keeps happening, FORD should consider doing the same.
Warranty extensions are usually for safety related or driveability items, not appearance.

And yes, the top is covered under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Warranty extensions are usually for safety related or driveability items, not appearance.

And yes, the top is covered under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.
Thank you.

BigOleBuck

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The percentage of cracking MIC tops is always going to be relatively low based on manufactured numbers. Here on this forum some seem to broadcast this issue louder than it really deserves. I am one with the cracked MIC which is being replaced as I type this response. But it seems to me that we as forum members are making this issue much bigger than it needs to be. The numbers do not support it. There is just as equal numbers to support water leakage at the rubber seals, ie back window, t-panels.

I get how some may want to make this a huge issue to Ford. But you have to sit back and look at the big picture. Numbers produced and sold and categorize each fault separately.
You will see that the percentage is rather small.

Warranties are there to assist in these matters, and Ford is aware of these issues. There is indeed a TSB on MIC cracking, there is a TSB on rubber moldings/seals. But you will not get a Recall on the true percentages. My dealership at time of my visit for the cracking did their do process and took pictures, sent request to Ford for replacement while I was there and got an approval. I left there with my work order in hand with in writing top to be replaced and ordered. Within 9 business days top arrived at dealership. At this very moment being replaced. The process was at best perfect. I'm very pleased how the process worked. If you have this issue then do as I did, go to the dealership.
I tend to disagree. These things have only been around for a couple of years. Clearly the construction, materials, design etc of these hard tops is trash. Between the wind noise, leaking, cracking, and discoloration, I think as time goes on the problems are going to show up more and more for people who had “a good top” at one point in time. To restate what others here have said before: these tops are the bane of the Bronco 6G’s existence and are not made to last. It’s a shame.

OP
OP
DUSTYcazOREGON

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to hear from those that have painted these tops...if it helps "seal" the top? If any of this cracking is showing through? My guess, if the cracking is going to get bad enough...it will crack right through the paint as well. My guess, a lot of Bronco owner's will keep their Broncos for years. If these tops fall apart, I foresee a class action against Ford (which I am not advocating).

Sponsored

drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just started cracking....:(

Ford Bronco POLL: MIC top owners, Do you have the side cracking issue? 20230530_072936

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got word that the top on my wife’s bronco will be replaced under warranty. The drivers side window section will be replaced. It had the cracks above the window.
Sponsored